Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: VICK'S INHALER  (Read 91404 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:VICK'S INHALER
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »

Mike, a friend of ours emailed yesterday to say they had adopted a stray named Bosco.  Have you seen your Bosco lately?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 08:13:47 AM »

I started the extras on El Cid last night.  Was amazed to hear that Bronston was a cousin of Leon Trotsky's!

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:35 AM »

Has anyone else posted that we all have a new seer and revelator in Thomas S. Monson?

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

Der Brucer- about Ron Paul, I was *9* in 1988.

And now I've just made a lot of people here feel particularly old, I bet.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

JMK

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2008, 08:16:12 AM »

I told Betsy that I had seen and revelated days ago that Romney would win Utah.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »

Smart-ass snarkalicious moment arriving (DO forgive me, Elmo, but it was too much fun to resist):

Is he is hospital?

Or is he ain't hospital?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »

Wow!  That puts you right up there with...with....Joseph Smith as a prophet, huh!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »

I was 40 in 1988.  You win your bet.

JMK

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »

Wow!  That puts you right up there with...with....Joseph Smith as a prophet, huh!

:D

Yes, but probably not in the way our Mormon friends think.

It used to be a joke in our family when my Dad was doing one of his endless yard projects in SLC that he was actually digging searching for the "golden plates."

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »

Hey DR der Brucer ~

After watching some of the primary stuff last night -- and all the info on the polling places, ordering extra paper ballots in case the machines broke down, etc., etc. I had a question for you:

Who pays for these primary delegate elections?

If the Demo Party pays all the bills for their primary delegate elections and the GOP pays all the bills for their primary delegate elections, then I concede that your point should win -- it's their gala event, so they should decide who gets to attend.

BUT, if the government (courtesy of tax payer dollars) is picking up the tab for all of this, then I think it is wrong (probably illegal) to exclude some of those taxpayers (i.e. Independents) from the process.

OTOH, you get to vote in your primary, and thus get what "you" paid for in this part of "the process."  The conventions are funded by the parties, IIRC, and state versions thereof.  That means that Indiana (or, insert your own state here) Republicans pay for their delegates (elected by the taxpayers) to go to convention where the national Republican party pays for "the party".  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:47:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »

DR MBarnum - we had a very similar experience when getting Zach from the pound.  He was the only dog there that was calm, while all the others were going crazy.  It was only after we had him for a few days that we discovered he had been fully trained, including obeying hand signals.  How these pets end up in the pound is a mystery.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:30:58 AM by singdaw »

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:55 AM »

JMK the Revelator!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »

This in from "The Digital Bits":

"In a press event at the Ross Theatre on the studio backlot last night, Warner Home Video unveiled their plans for the studio's 2008 DVD and Blu-ray Disc release slate, celebrating the Warner's 85th Anniversary. On hand was WHV president Ron Sanders, along with Jeff Baker, George Feltenstein, Ronnee Sass, Tom Lucas and others executives, as well as special guests like actor Warren Beatty, director McG, Nancy Sinatra and other members of the Sinatra family.

"The slate itself is broken up into NINE different promotions: Oscars, Gangsters, Sinatra, Dirty Harry, 85 Years of Superheroes, Westerns, Musicals, Horror and Holiday. Warner revealed that Best Buy and Amazon are set to be the studio's official retail partners for these promotions.

"Starting in the 1st Quarter you'll see the Oscar and Gangster promotions, which will include the Bonnie and Clyde: Ultimate Collector's Edition (available on DVD, Blu-ray and HD-DVD) and the Bonnie and Clyde: Special Edition, along with such titles as the Goodfellas: Special Edition, the Heat: Special Edition, the Once Upon a Time in America: Special Edition, the Departed, the True Romance: Special Edition, the Film Noir Classics Collection: Volumes 1-4, the Warner Bros. Tough Guys Collection and the Warner Gangsters Collection (featuring titles like Public Enemy, Little Caesar, etc).

"The Sinatra and Dirty Harry promotions will debut in the 2nd Quarter. Sinatra will include the Sinatra mini-series, along with Frank Sinatra: The Early Years Collection ([/b]Double Dynamite, It Happened in Brooklyn, Step Lively, Higher and Higher[/b]and The Kissing Bandit), Frank Sinatra: The Golden Years Collection (Marriage on the Rocks, None But the Brave, Some Came Running, Man with the Golden Arm and [b/The Tender Trap[/b]), The Frank Sinatra & Gene Kelly Collection (On the Town, Take Me Out to the Ball Game &Anchors Aweigh), and The Rat Pack: Ultimate Collector's Edition (Ocean's 11, Robin and the 7 Hoods, 4 for Texas & Sergeants 3, along with a booklet, poster art cards, "first-run" stamps, and a music CD). The Dirty Harry promotion will include the Dirty Harry: 2-Disc Special Edition, the Magnum Force: Deluxe Edition, The Enforcer: Deluxe Edition, the Sudden Impact: Deluxe Edition and the Dead Pool: Deluxe Edition. All five films will also be included in a Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition box set, which will also feature the Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows bonus disc.

"The 3rd Quarter will offer Superhero fans something exciting: a Batman Begins: Limited Collector's Edition Gift Set, as well as a Batman Anthology box set on Blu-ray Disc. These are obviously timed to coincide with the DVD and Blu-ray release of The Dark Knight. Additional superhero releases are TBA. The 3rd Quarter will also offer several Western releases, including a How the West Was Won: Ultimate Collector's Edition and a How the West Was Won: Special Edition, along with such titles as The Searchers, The Wild Bunch, The Cowboys, an Errol Flynn Westerns Collection and a Western Classics Collection. Finally, the 3rd Quarter will see a Music promotion featuring new special editions of An American in Paris and Gigi, as well as the debut of the Classic Musicals from the Dream Factory: Volume 3 box set, featuring Hit the Deck, Kismet, Deep in My Heart, Broadway Melody of 1936/Broadway Melody of 1938, Born to Dance/Lady Be Good & Nancy Goes to Rio/Two Weeks with Love.

"Rounding out 2008, the 4th Quarter will see the debut of a new DVD Horror collection with titles featuring Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre and others, as well as more horror releases from Val Lewton and Joel Silver, re-promotion of Kubrick's The Shining and a number of new Raw Feed direct-to-DVD and Blu-ray titles, including Otis: Uncut. The 4th Quarter will also see a Warner Bros. Holiday Collection and A Christmas Story: Ultimate Collector's Edition.

"As part of the year's overall slate, more than 50 new-to-DVD feature films will be restored and released from the Warner catalog alone, including such titles as All This and Heaven Too, The Beast with Five Fingers, Black Legion, Brother Orchid, Deception, Flamingo Road, Gold Diggers of 1937, Inside Daisy Clover, Kid Galahad, Lady Killer, The Mayor of Hell, Night Nurse, None But the Brave, Pete Kelly's Blues, San Antonio, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Three on a March, Virginia City and Watch on the Rhine.

Other titles set to be given special edition treatment this year are Cool Hand Luke, Gypsy, Risky Business, Splendor in the Grass and others yet to be announced. Additional thematic box sets will be drawn from Warner's classic MGM and RKO collections. It was also revealed that a collection of Natalie Woods titles is in the works.

Several special events will be held throughout the course of the year, including an August 31st Warner Big Picture night at the Hollywood Bowl, celebrating the studio's musical legacy. The highlight of the year's events will be the broadcast and DVD release of Richard Schickel's 5-part documentary You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story on the history of the studio, narrated by Clint Eastwood. The broadcast version will debut as a 3-part special in September, as part of PBS's American Masters series. As part of last night's event, Schickel gave the media a 10-minute sneak peek at a portion of his documentary series examining Warner films in the context of World War II.

The studio also revealed during the event that last year's Blade Runner: Ultimate Collector's Edition and Harry Potter: Ultimate Collector's Edition were tremendously successful releases, generating more than $20 million in combined sales in the 45-day period over the holidays.

"In terms of new titles in the year ahead, you can obviously look forward to the DVD and Blu-ray debut of such theatrical release films as The Dark Knight, Speed Racer, Get Smart, Where the Wild Things Are, 10,000 B.C. and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price, later in 2008 and early 2009.

"Finally, studio reps revealed that The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Woodstock and North by Northwest are all soon going on moratorium until 2009, when each of them will reappear in day and date DVD and Blu-ray releases, with complete high-definition restorations to celebrate their own individual anniversaries."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:38:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 08:28:47 AM »

DR MBarnum has a "magic rubbing book"?    ???      ;D

JMK

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2008, 08:29:43 AM »

DR MBarnum - we had a very similar experience when getting Zach from the pound.  He was the only dog there that was calm, while all the others were going crazy.  It was only after we had him for a few days that we discovered he had been fully training, including obeying hand signals.  How these pets end up in the pound is a mystery.

We feel the same way about BeeGee, our "rescue" dog, who is without a doubt the sweetest, most "personality"-ful (is that a word?  well it should be!) dog we've ever had.  We're assuming a student got him as a puppy and then abandoned him at the end of the school year.  Adding to the mystery is that he was apparently shot somewhere along the line--there's a pellet lodged in his chest region.   :(

singdaw

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2008, 08:30:09 AM »

Miss Karen

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2008, 08:33:27 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I guess our plan is finally working.

;D

Well, knock it off, you two, cause your plan is working too well. I just now got back on ... and now that my puter seems to be working a little better, I'm out of time and need to scram ... but I'll be back (if you two hackers give me a break...)...

singdaw

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »

I took Vicks....

...but I never inhaled.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2008, 08:40:38 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I guess our plan is finally working.

;D

And she'll never catch on to us, either!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

I had some things to say/post while I was catching up, but can't remember them now.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:08 AM »

Thank you, Jose, for your tips last night about making tortillas. Lard, eh? Ugh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2008, 08:46:04 AM »

Sympathy to JRand and healing vibes to DN Evan.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

I really hope this is the home stretch for DR ELMORE'S ordeal. May it all come together for you, Larry.

singdaw

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2008, 08:48:03 AM »

I had some things to say/post while I was catching up, but can't remember them now.

I hate it when that happens!    :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »

Sympathy to JRand and healing vibes to DN Evan.

What did I miss relative to JRand?   I know about the neighbor, but....

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2008, 08:51:05 AM »

I hate it when that happens!    :)

Yeah, I'm gettin' old, Sing!

JMK

« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »

Yeah, I'm gettin' old, Sing!

Don't tell SingingNymph.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »

Thank you, Jose, for your tips last night about making tortillas. Lard, eh? Ugh.
Yeah, me too. But I'll spare y'all the details.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »

Not too bad in my case (1988 was my Bar Mitzvah year), but I confess to being particularly impressed with your sig... I would've bet money that I was the youngest person around these parts making Mary Tyler Moore references...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up