Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BK SAYETH  (Read 60528 times)

singdaw

Re:BK SAYETH
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »

This morning we sang an eight part a cappella motet by Stephen Paulus, "Pilgrim's Hymn," from his opera The Three Hermits.  Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff!  :)

FJL

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2008, 11:33:03 AM »

And I feel social but also a hermit
Part Dylan Thomas, part Dylan McDermott

I've got to get these in while I can; i think the expiration date on "But Alive" parodies is fast approaching.

FJL

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2008, 11:33:29 AM »

Seeing APPLAUSE tonight!

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »

I am on my way to the Portland airport via the Hut Shuttle! It is cold and couldy but soon I will be in sunny warmth of southern California! Woohoo!

And BK changed dinner to 7pm so that should work much better! If I can't manage to get there in 2 1/2 hours then I don't deserve to eat!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »

MattH, did you catch my questions about DTV last night?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

Good day one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »

All this talk of food and cooking yesterday!  Does any DR have any experience with pasteurized and homogenized eggs?  I was wondering if they could be used for those older recipes which call for uncooked eggs.  Many years ago my mom used to make a killer pineapple desert which used uncooked eggs.

Actually, they are quite good if you dye the green and eat them with ham.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

And The Song Of The Day Is: THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

That's my favorite song

FJL

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

Don't they serve green eggs and ham at San Suess-y?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »

Archive of American Television has many interesting interviews.

I agree Mbarnum, I have watched a number of interesting ones including ones for Larry Haines and Frances Reid.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »

I better get back to work, I've been here four about 4 hours and will reward myself for working on Sunday with a trip to Sam's club.   I have been very productive today and feel like I'm back on top of all my cases, cal that a major WHEW!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

Quote from: MBarnum

Mr. John Wesley Shipp ....need I say more! (that's one Shipp I'd like to take a cruise on!)

[img
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/967/mitchjohnwesleyshipp3pg.png[/img]

One of my all time favorite actors, John Saxon!!!!!

MBarnum, JWP used to be on Days at one time back in the early 1980s and then on another soap where he got an emmy nod.

John Saxon is a good actor....

Question: Is Frank Stallone a brother or relation to Sylvester Stallone?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

I have just caught up on yesterday's and today's posts and am now worn out! Out of time, too. Oh, well.

Glad to hear that Larry's sleeping well and do hope he has some good relaaaxxation time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »

Well gang I am off to work. I will try and check in if it is not too busy...

BTW, anyone want to come and visit...

-14°F
Feels Like
-32°F

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »

Been working at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

Frank is Sly's bro - I directed him in Prime Suspect - we'll see if he remembers me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »

Thanks for the updates, DR Matt H.!

You're welcome. I hope you found it as helpful as I did. Once I saw it, I knew I had to share it with the TV fans on this forum.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2008, 01:16:01 PM »

MBarnum, JWP used to be on Days at one time back in the early 1980s and then on another soap where he got an emmy nod.

John Saxon is a good actor....

Question: Is Frank Stallone a brother or relation to Sylvester Stallone?

John Wesley Shipp won three Emmys during his daytime years.

Frank and Sylvester Stallone are brothers.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:17 PM »

So, here I am, catching up on yesterday's posts and reliving the joy that is Dr. Seuss (thanks, Singdaw!) and I'm half-listening what's on TV.  I'm not really watching anything, just changing channels when I take the time to watch what's on and realize that I don't want to watch what's on. ;) Anyway, a commercial comes on about some new acid reflux/heartburn medicine and I don't believe what I'm hearing!  I turn to see the name of the product on the screen.  It's spelled exactly like this:  AcipHex®  But what I'd heard was a fake doctor telling the fake narrator of the fake story:  "Fred, you have acid reflux disease.  I want you to try prescription Ass-Effects!" :o And later, the voice-over says, "Ask your doctor if Ass-Effects is right for you."  And finally, "So call today and learn more about Ass-Effects."

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »

DR Dakota:

I had never heard of the brand of HDTV you mentioned, so I can't comment on it.

I made comments about the CC capabilities of Blu-ray. I have also never had a problem with CC on any of the three HDTVs that I've owned.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

All this talk of food and cooking yesterday!  Does any DR have any experience with pasteurized and homogenized eggs?  I was wondering if they could be used for those older recipes which call for uncooked eggs.  Many years ago my mom used to make a killer pineapple desert which used uncooked eggs.
Going to Michael Ruhlman's Elements of Cooking, again:

Pasteurize, pasteurization: The process of heating a liquid - such as milk or fruit juices - to specific minimum temperatures for specific durations in order to kill pathogens.  The process not only ensures that liquid doesn't make anyone sick, it also serves as a preservative by killing those microbes responsible for a food's deterioration.  The reason cooked meat will keep longer than raw is because it's been, in a manner of speaking, pasteurized.

Homogenize: to mechanically combine two opposing liquids so that they are uniformly dispersed; milk is homogenized to prevent the fat from combining with itself and rising to the top.

I would suggest using pasteurized eggs in this case.  Homogenized eggs, by definition, have already had the yolks and whites blended, which may not be what you want as a substitute in every dish that uses uncooked eggs - there are a lot of times where you will want to whip up the egg whites separately from the yolks.

Of course, all of this can be avoided if you absolutely know for a fact that the raw eggs you are using are of top-notch quality and devoid of the nasties.  Don't know that for a fact?  Stick to pasteurized.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »

If you buy an HDTV with an internal digital (ATSC/QAM) tuner (which most new HDTVs have now; only older models may be lacking that VERY essential feature), you will need at least an indoor antenna to capture over-the-air digital signals, but $10 antennas from Wal-Mart do the job just fine. You don't need to spend big bucks on an "HDTV antenna."

If you have old rabbit ears from an old set that you can disconnect, those work OK, too. I used those for awhile until I bought something that was a little bit more attractive.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »

My new catch-phrase:  "Fred, you have acid reflux disease.  I want you to try prescription Ass-Effects!"

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »

I finished the last two episodes of FAMILY TIES. Most of the episodes during the season revolved about Michael J. Fox's Alex, but the two part season finale episodes were Michael Gross' showcase, and he gave a very touching performance.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

I also watched the outtake reel for season 3. It was the usual flubs, not all that funny, but interesting to see if the actors took blame for their own mistakes or tried to blame their screw-ups on someone or something else.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »

There was also a public service announcement from Michael J. Fox about Parkinson's Disease. This, of course, was filmed very recently.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »

I started right in with GIRLFRIENDS. Despite Kelsey Grammer being the executive producer, it's not a comedy series that will go down in history. In fact, I've laughed exactly once during the three episodes I watched this afternoon.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »

Here's something our esteemed BK might ask over at Genghis Cohen some time.

According to their web page, one of their "Special Original Favorites" is the Seafood Quartet, which is King Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, and Asparagus in a Black Bean Sauce.

Sounds yummers, but exactly when did Asparagus become a form of seafood?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:07 PM »

I finished the last two episodes of FAMILY TIES. Most of the episodes during the season revolved about Michael J. Fox's Alex, but the two part season finale episodes were Michael Gross' showcase, and he gave a very touching performance.
Michael Gross doing the laying on of hands.  Touching indeed!  

;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »

OK. Here's the rundown of the plans for netowrk shows if the strike is settled today:

Bionic Woman
No new episodes expected. Ever.

The Big Bang Theory
Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

Brothers & Sisters
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May.

Chuck
No new episodes until fall.

Desperate Housewives

Dirty Sexy Money
No new episodes planned until fall; three remaining pre-strike episodes will undergo some tweaking and kick off fall run.

Grey's Anatomy
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May

Heroes
TBD.

How I Met Your Mother

Las Vegas
Two pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

Lost
Six pre-strike episodes remain. Six additional episodes could air this season.

Medium
Six pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

The New Adventures of Old Christine
Seven pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

Private Practice

Pushing Daisies
No new episodes until fall.

Two and a Half Men

Ugly Betty

These are the shows that I watch...or used to. (I liked "Bionic Woman." :()

Thanks for the info, Matt.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up