Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YAHTZEE  (Read 23891 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
YAHTZEE
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:16:11 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes gave you a sugar high, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently playing Yahtzee and are very confused.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:14:13 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:YAHTZEE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:17:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: NOCEBO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:38:24 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:38:58 AM »

I see dear readers, but I do not see postings, except mine own.  Listening to Rod McKuen's score to Joanna.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 12:41:37 AM »

I just purchased Bare: the Album[/b][/url].  Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 12:49:33 AM »

Tonight I have a fitting for my costume.  I was supposed to have one yesterday at 1:00 pm, but Tom the costumer called and said that he wasn't able to finish what he needed to finish for me to try it on.  So, I'll go to rehearsal early tonight and see what it really looks like!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I don't know what the "first" board game that I played was, but growing our family played Sorry a lot and Aggravation.  Monopoly was another game that we had and played, but not as often (it just takes so long).  Now, our game of choice is Phase 10, but that's a card game, not a board game.

George

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:28 AM »

I'm off to bed.  Good night, BK and guests.

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 01:53:59 AM »

Did not know about this previously.  What a frightening concept!

singdaw

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 01:54:38 AM »

I just purchased Bare: the Album[/b][/url].

I've only listened to this once so far, but I really liked it.

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »

Mark your calendars: PBS will broadcast a concert/semi-staged Camelot from Lincoln Center on May 8th.  The pit band?  The New York Philharmonic.

singdaw

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 02:03:10 AM »

DearReaderLaura DR - loved that pic from yesterday!  :)

DR elmore3003 - the film sounds delightful; thanks for the report!

***HEALTH & PATIENCE VIBES*** to DR Michael S.!

DR Cillaliz - I was amazed [not in a good way] at your client's situation.  You are a good soul!

CONGRATULATIONS to DR George on the progress on his re-fi.

DR Ron Pulliam - loved the Cactus Cuties!  :D

DR JoseSPiano - glad you arrived safely and are well settled in.

I finally watched The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. last evening.  How bizarre!  Kind of fun, in a weird sort of way.

"Project Cranberry" continues the rest of this week, so I shall be scarce.  :(  

FJL

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:31:40 AM »

One advantage (perhaps the only advantage?) of going to sleep late and waking up early is that it's easy to catch up on HHW.

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 04:32:38 AM »

YAHTZEE according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahtzee.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 04:44:31 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I could fit this hotel king-size bed into my luggage.. I slept very well.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 04:45:40 AM »

And I've already had my breakfast down the hall - just a bagel and some yogurt.  I'll grab a piece of fruit on the way out.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 04:47:00 AM »

Exciting, huh?

*I would have had some oatmeal, but the Floor Concierge was still waiting for some "fresh supplies" from downstairs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

First board was either Checker or Chinese Checkers.

My brothers and I played Monopoly a lot as kids.  In fact, we seemed to buy a new set almost yearly.  Of course, we never played by the real rules, just the "house rules" that had been passed on to us by our cousins and friends.

And there were also the usual suspects: Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Life, Parcheesi, Risk, Stratego, Battleship (we even had the fancy electronic version complete with sound effects!), and Chess.

I also remember a Bermuda Triangle game which had this magnetic "cloud" that you moved over the board - and hoped that your pieces did not get "lost" in the Bermuda Triangle.  ;)  -And there was also a Titanic board game, or, at least, a ship sinking game, where you tried to have the most number of survivors.  Hmm... Boy does that sound morbid.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:03 AM »

And thus completes my mini-frenzy for this morning.  Be back at lunch... After the first 175 auditionees!

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 05:08:02 AM »

FJL

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 05:15:05 AM »

singdaw - Thanks for the day-brightener.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 05:50:39 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late, and I've spent the last hour taking care of personal business and getting things ready for laundry.

Today, my life is tied up with the pharmacy trip I forgot yesterday, the dry cleaners, and the NYPL Theatre Collection.  After all of that, some work on Victor Herbert music.

The first board game I remember is CANDYLAND, which my cousin Sue forced us to play whenever we visited.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 06:17:35 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  There's a hint of spring in the air, but there's also another winter storm on its way  :P

TOD - The first board game I remember playing was Chutes & Ladders.  Some of my favorites, which I still have, were Go to the Head of the Class, Careers, and Barbie: Queen of the Prom.  My fav from DS Rob's childhood was Pizza Party, which we used as an icebreaker when we had exchange students from Japan - no language barrier!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »

New ending to an old tale:

How To Give A Cat A Pill

1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.  

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Tak e new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.  

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.  

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.  

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.  

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.  

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.  

10 . Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door on to neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.  

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.  

12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.  

13. Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tigh tly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.  

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.  

15 . Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How To Give A Dog A Pill

1. Wrap it in bacon.
2. Toss it in the air.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 06:58:22 AM »

I am glad you all liked yesterday's photo. That was a bighorn mountain sheep on the mountain.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »

DR Laura - yesterday's photo was exquisite.  You should enter it in a competition.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 07:18:08 AM »

Ms Derek recalls games of hide and seek with John.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 07:25:51 AM »

Mark your calendars: PBS will broadcast a concert/semi-staged Camelot from Lincoln Center on May 8th.  The pit band?  The New York Philharmonic.

Who are the stars of this production, DR Singdaw?

Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 07:26:56 AM »

Good morning!

Another gorgeous day today with highs back to the 70s. It was slightly cool this morning, but with the sun beaming down brightly, that hasn't lasted long.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 07:27:53 AM »

TV Reminders:

LOST!!!

ELI STONE!!!

NEW AMSTERDAM!!!

(also rans: IDOL results show, SURVIVOR).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up