Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RHYMING NOTES  (Read 30159 times)

Danise

Re:THE RHYMING NOTES
« Reply #360 on: March 11, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »

I just had my physical today, and the doctor says that I am going to live.  I am another half inch shorter, and still in a lot of pain, but I am going to live.

I'm sorry for the pain.  Back pain is real bear.  The surgery I had helped mine so much.

I went to the doctor yesterday. I had a massive allergic reaction to “something”.  I had a 102 fever on Friday.  The doctor had to give me a shot and put me on antibiotics (which is why I’m so tired—those things always pull me down) but I’m doing better.  

The fever is gone and the “rash” is fading.  

We're waiting for the bloodwork to come back but I was told that we may never know what the cause was.  Scary becasue if I don't know what caused it, how do I know what to stay away from?    :-\
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #361 on: March 11, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]13[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Dance!!!!!![/move]

See I remember about page dances!!!   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:59:38 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #362 on: March 11, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

Can someone give me a good recommendation for a recording of "Carmina Burana"??

Danise

« Reply #363 on: March 11, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »

No, it is NOT all young people.  Yes, there are kids who can't be bothered with working for a paycheck - even when they're on the payroll.

But there are also a lot of kids out there who very gladly and cheerfully go the extra mile, and I'm personally glad to know them.  Tarring all young people with the same brush does these hard working younger men and women a great disservice.

And, worse, it isn't something that can be attributed to the parents.  Of der Grampa's grandlads, we've got one who will make us proud, and the other could care less about anyone but himself.  We can't exactly blame the parenting on this one.   :P

No, not ALL young people but I would say there are quite a few.   Much more then when we were growing up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2008, 06:05:16 PM »

I also filled the car up with gas, although my gas meter seems not to be working correctly, or I simply don't know how many gallons my car actually holds - I don't think it's over sixteen, but maybe it is.  If it IS sixteen, then even though the meter reads that there is still a quarter of a tank, there in fact is only a gallon or two at that point.  Maybe I'll call the dealership and find out how much gas this thing actually holds.

The book that came with the car, the one that usually stays in the glove compartment, should have that information. Look in the back of the book at the index it is usally list under gas capacity or soemthign like that.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »

***PAIN ALLEVIATION VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR TCB[/size][/color]

Danise

« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »

Well, folks, I am tired and it's nine so it's my bedtime.

Have a wonderful rest of the evening!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »

***FEEL BETTER VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR Danise![/size][/color]

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Here's a story about Silda Wall Spitzer in happier times http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/10/nyregion/10silda.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

She's a former corporate lawyer and former in-house counsel for Chase Manhattan Bank.  She could do just fine on her own.  

I imagine there would be a big shock factor if she didn't know about this before and probably some "What do I do now?" going on. I could see standing by him until that was figured out.

Thanks for this.  

I can’t help wondering if Hillary prepared her for the current situation.

Jane

« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »

For pity's sake (and the preservation of your body parts)....leave the hounds at home!

:D

ROTFLOL.  

I took Sherlock and he was almost perfect.  I did not see any other dogs today :), which may be why he was so good.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:40 PM »

No, not ALL young people but I would say there are quite a few.   Much more then when we were growing up.
I don't think that's true.

I very clearly remember the "older generation" wailing about how the "younger generation" was turning out back when I was growing up.  Remember, all those "hippies" with their long hair and you couldn't tell who was a guy or who was a girl (which was strange, because I could always tell who was a guy  ;D), and the beads and the drugs and they were losing their way and so on and so forth.

The difference was, while we were growing up we were much more aware of how our peers behaved, mainly because we were around them all the time (at school and afterwards).  The adults were only seeing us/them sporadically, and it was only when their attention was jerked to awareness by one or two of us being rude or misbehaving that they (the adults) took notice of us.

So, we were being judged by the actions of a small minority.

Just the same as the kids are being judged today.

I see a lot of kids while I'm at the store.  Some of them are jerks.  Some are wonderful.  Most are just trying to fly under the radar, same as in our generation, staying out of trouble and unnoticed.

BTW, I regularly say "sir" and "ma'am" to the customers, regardless of age.  It startles the kids, sometimes, and then they kinda go "OK," and smile.  Terms of respect are terms of respect.  They just aren't expected all the time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:04 PM »

Thanks for this.  

I can’t help wondering if Hillary prepared her for the current situation.

My bet is Hillary is cursing and wondering "What is it with the men in my life?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »

DR Cillaliz, my DH says he thought the Patriot Act expired and was not renewed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

Here are my two favorite recordings/renditions:

and

However, there are a couple of classic recordings that will serve you well:

and

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:31:58 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:57 PM »

DR Matthew, this won a lot of Grammy several years ago and it's quite good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #375 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

DR Laura, portions were renewed and portions weren't

From the Whitehouse website:

On March 9, 2006, President Bush Signed The USA PATRIOT Improvement And Reauthorization Act Of 2005. Since its enactment in October 2001, the Patriot Act has been vital to winning the War on Terror and protecting the American people. The legislation signed today allows intelligence and law enforcement officials to continue sharing information and using the same tools against terrorists already employed against drug dealers and other criminals. While safeguarding Americans' civil liberties, this legislation also strengthens the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) so that it can better detect and disrupt terrorist threats, and it also gives law enforcement new tools to combat threats. America still faces dangerous enemies, and no priority is more important to the President than protecting the American people without delay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »

This was one of my first recordings from the 1960s, and it's still wonderful!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

OH!  And there's also Robert Shaw's recording on Telarc with his Atlanta forces.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2008, 06:34:38 PM »

... While safeguarding Americans' civil liberties.....

??? ??? ???

Jane

« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

It's not just actors, bk, it's all young people.  I used to think it was just CA, but I guess it exists other places, too.  Lots of kids these days don't know what it is to work for something and be proud of their accomplishments.  Especially when they have existed through life this far with parents handing them things.  

(no offense to DR vixmom)

I never imagined you were referring to Vixmom here.  IMHO teaching a work ethic has nothing to do with how much you give your children, more the quality of what you give them and what you expect from them as people.  It is also important to make sure their early jobs are with places that train their employees properly.  

Jane

« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »

I don’t like being called Ma'am, it makes me cringe. I do like being treated with respect and kindness. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »

There are portions of the FISA act that expired but I'm thinking they are working on that one.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

??? ??? ???

Hey, that was from the Whitehouse website...not from me

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »

Thank you, Cillaliz.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2008, 06:41:37 PM »

I'm sorry for the pain.  Back pain is real bear.  The surgery I had helped mine so much.

I went to the doctor yesterday. I had a massive allergic reaction to “something”.  I had a 102 fever on Friday.  The doctor had to give me a shot and put me on antibiotics (which is why I’m so tired—those things always pull me down) but I’m doing better.  

The fever is gone and the “rash” is fading.  

We're waiting for the bloodwork to come back but I was told that we may never know what the cause was.  Scary becasue if I don't know what caused it, how do I know what to stay away from?    :-\

Danise, I hope you feel better soon. My roommate has the same issues- she has soooo many food allergies, and it seems like she adds a few new ones every year. Last year she had to use her epi-pen and make a visit to the ER because of something that she had for lunch. She couldn't pinpoint what it was, but she is pretty sure that it was cranberries. She is also pretty sure that she is allergic to MSG- but again, can't be totally sure.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »

I don’t like being called Ma'am, it makes me cringe. I do like being treated with respect and kindness. :)

When I lived in Richmond - well, and whenever I head back to Memphis or Chattanooga or Charlotte etc. - it took me a while to get used to be called, "Hon" at restaurants.

However, sometimes being called "Sir" does make me a little uncomfortable, but that all depends on the situation.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

I have gotten used to being called ma'am. I am still trying to get used to the Boy Scouts helping me cross the street, though.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

We are cat sitting my friend's siamese mutt kittens. Pierre is out of his mind, running around the apartment with his little chest puffed out, hissing at them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:48:49 PM by TPunk »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #388 on: March 11, 2008, 06:49:46 PM »

We need kitten pictures!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »

The kittens are unfazed by his antics. Killbot is politely ignoring all 3 of them. It should be an interesting week.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up