Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RHYMING NOTES  (Read 30099 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE RHYMING NOTES
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »

I guess I'll head down now to clean the living room, check the mail, and then start on lunch preparation.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2008, 08:23:16 AM »

Last night, commenting on the NY Gov escapade, Cillaliz observed: "At least he didn't pull a Jerry Springer and write a check for it."

Well, maybe he would have been better off if he had:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK —  As Gov. Eliot Spitzer faced mounting calls to resign amid a prostitution scandal, a law enforcement official said Tuesday that the governor first came under suspicion because of cash payments from several bank accounts to an account operated by a call-girl ring.

Spitzer was the initial target of the investigation and was tracked using court-ordered wiretaps that appear to have recorded him arranging for a prostitute to meet him at a Washington hotel in mid-February, the official said.

Spitzer allegedly paid for the call girl to take a train from New York to Washington -- a move that opened the transaction up to federal prosecution because she crossed state lines. The governor has not been charged, and prosecutors would not comment on the case. A Spitzer spokesman said the governor has retained a large Manhattan law firm.

The case started when banks noticed the frequent transfers from several accounts and filed suspicious activity reports with the Internal Revenue Service, the law enforcement official told the AP. The accounts were traced back to Spitzer, prompting public corruption investigators to open an inquiry.

der Brucer

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:23:49 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »

DR TCB:

[size=8]'Big Brother' and Jennifer[/size]

Yes, that is what that post should have said yesterday evening.  Thanks for being kind!

Jennifer:

No, you didn't miss anything.  I had one thing on my mind while my fingers typed something else.  Anyhoo....I hope against hope that the public vote one of the evicted ladies back into the house....this is the golden opportunity to spoil Matt's "plan" to "rule the house" as Boys Club.  I despise Matt.  

I would not have minded seeing Alex return, but we don't really need two mooks in the house.  Jen would be a pleasant surprise and it would give her an opportunity to mend things with Ryan (if he's still interested in her).

I cannot understand why Sheila hasn't gone on the block.  I hate her with ever fiber of my being.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:24:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2008, 08:25:37 AM »

Page Three Dorothy and Toto Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2008, 08:26:47 AM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

:D

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »

...I check my fly before I ever walk out on a stage.

Your days as a GO-GO boy are over!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2008, 08:28:51 AM »

”Peek-a-boo!”

photo:  King Arthur

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

DR JoseSPiano:

My mom's recipe for fried okra includes chilling the fresh okra in the refrigerator.  Wash it and then slice it.  There's less "goo" when it's chilled.

Mix equal amounts of flour and corn meal and place in a bag (paper or plastic). Season, if you desire.  Add the chilled, sliced okra.  Shake vigorously.

Return it to the refrigerator until you're ready to fry it.  You can, of course, continue by frying the okra (until golden brown) in a pan of oil (we use Canola), but I like giving the okra a bit more time in the refrigerator while coated.  I believe it allows the flour coating to adhere to the okra (helped by the okra's own "juicygummy goos").  I usually heat the oil over "medium" heat and cook the okra without reducing heat.

Drain on a paper bag.  Serve/consume immediately thereafter.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:58:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »

...However, I've found that cookies and chocolate seems to smooth over all wrinkles, so to speak.  ;)

Yes, I suppose it's an alternative to saline or fat injections.

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

Yes, I suppose it's an alternative to saline or fat injections.

;D

Well, butterfat and cocoa butter do wonders for the skin!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »

The only good chicken is a fried chicken...pass me a wing!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »

The last time I asked for an update...in December, I suppose.... I got my payment.  And I'd assumed everyone did.

Has everyone else waited patiently for two months without even getting an update on why the delay? Until now?

That's some patience!

You know, I'm going to say that this is an unnecessary and obnoxious post.  I'm just going to say it.  What people do or don't do is really not your business and I don't think we need your comments on it, frankly.  A couple of people had written me, and they got an answer.  But really, it's nice of you to stop by and make a post.  Others have commented to me on the snarkiness of some previous posts and really, that's not what this board is about here and I'm going to make that clear to you this one last time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:38:20 AM by bk »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »

Well, butterfat and cocoa butter do wonders for the skin!

So, is it now your story that those cookies and that chocolate are being discussed as "topical" applications?

Hmmmmmmm?

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »

Welcome ten GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »

I've dealt with one annoyance from the other day, and that is now fine.  But there are a couple more to deal with today prior to the reading, and that's annoying in and of itself.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »

I just this moment realized that annoy and ennui are probably derivatives of the same root.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:53 AM »

Thus end my etymological observations for the day.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »

Is this a lull?

Has the soufflé fallen?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:56:33 AM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »

Yesterday, Singdaw wrote:
So...does the part of Dolly Dimples in Sideshow traditionally get played by a male?

As far as I know, it is traditionally played by a woman.  I was cast because the woman that they had originally wanted had to back out.  And I've done drag in shows before...but never "real" drag.  You know, lip-synching and all that. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »

Yesterday, FJL wrote:
George _ Did they warn you about the need to shave before you got involved? Just wondering.

No. >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »

Yesterday, FJL wrote:No. >:(

Can't you devise a prosthetic to cover said facial hair?

JMK

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »

Is this a lull?

Has the souffle fallen?

No, but since BK has put the kibosh on snarkiness, we're all having to rethink our positions.  :)

JMK

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2008, 09:49:07 AM »

I just got the call that I am this month's lucky winner of the random drug test at one of the community centers where I direct a choir.  Time to go fill a cup.

JMK

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »

Good thing I decided not to shoot up this morning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »

I just got the call that I am this month's lucky winner of the random drug test at one of the community centers where I direct a choir.  Time to go fill a cup.

Oy¡

George

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »

Can't you devise a prosthetic to cover said facial hair?

It's not my facial hair that's a problem.  I can shave that easily...and do. :) The problem is my body hair...my chest and back hair!  On Friday, I used Veet (a Nair-like product) to remove the hair from my chest and then again Sunday night.  BUT I didn't wait the recommended 72 hours, only 48 hours after the first application.  Let's just say that there is a reason for that 72 hour wait time for the second application. :-\ I'll shave it from now on.

I used clippers for my arms and shoulders.  It's all I could reach, but it worked just fine.  A hair stylist friend of mine will clip my back hair this afternoon and hopefully I won't have to go through any more of this.  Last night, I got a new red lace penoir (sp?) for my Dolly Dimples drag, so that should cover my back enough that I'll only have to get it clipped this one time. ;)

TMI??

George

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2008, 09:53:08 AM »

Hope everything comes out okay! :D

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

It's not my facial hair that's a problem.  I can shave that easily...and do. :) The problem is my body hair...my chest and back hair!  On Friday, I used Veet (a Nair-like product) to remove the hair from my chest and then again Sunday night.  BUT I didn't wait the recommended 72 hours, only 48 hours after the first application.  Let's just say that there is a reason for that 72 hour wait time for the second application. :-\ I'll shave it from now on.

I used clippers for my arms and shoulders.  It's all I could reach, but it worked just fine.  A hair stylist friend of mine will clip my back hair this afternoon and hopefully I won't have to go through any more of this.  Last night, I got a new red lace penoir (sp?) for my Dolly Dimples drag, so that should cover my back enough that I'll only have to get it clipped this one time. ;)

TMI??

:P

Well....who gnu?

"Peignoir", I believe, is the spelling you seek.

The French, you know!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »

These gas prices are absolutely ridiculous and it is going to take yet another game-playing threat by the government to get them down again - it's happened every year for the last three years and I really wish that they DO something to these oil companies that would finally send them a clear message that this is not acceptable.  It couldn't have come at a worse time than making these treks down to Anaheim so often.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up