Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL TOMORROW  (Read 27839 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:UNTIL TOMORROW
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »

Good Evening!

I got to play for the wonderful Harvey Evans today!  :)

And I've been busy watching the wonderful Harvey Evans this evening in a couple of productions. So great.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »

Mr. Waggles is on the floor right behind my chair.  I really feel sorry for him, torn from his familiar surroundings, no matter how friendly we are for him.

I should get to bed.  I may have the day off tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I won't get called in.

Maybe we can teach Mr. Waggles how to cuddle on the bed.

And, after that, Fletcher can teach him how to drink from the toilet bowl!     :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »

And Eli Stone had a good episode tonight, as well.

I like how those visions Eli keeps having are proving to be interesting metaphors for the rest of the story.  Unusual for a series to find these visual hooks, and keep them consistant yet fresh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »

I missed every one of those songs dropped from the film version of HOW TO SUCCEED. "Paris Original" is one of the funniest sight gags in the show, and I loved "Cinderella, Darling."

I do think it was very smart decision in the movie to give Rosemary (especially with Michele Lee's singing) a version of "I Believe in You." Added a nice touch of real romance to the show that is later parodied as Finch sings it to himself. That may be one way that the movie is a bit softer in tone than the stage play.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »

But one last thing before I go...

IT'S OFFICIAL!!  My refinancing went through!  My original 30-year mortgage is paid off!!  I won't have to start making payments for my new (almost 2% lower) 15-year mortgage until May!! ;D

Congrats George!

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »

Does ATWT show on the SoapNet?  And do you have access?

I have access to it, but it isn't carried on SoapNet.

However, doing a search of my cable guide helped me locate that the two missing episodes will be broadcast during the early morning hours of Sunday and Monday and the DVR had marked them for recording, so I will see them. There were do Luke and Noah mentions in the program summaries, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »

Have to type quickly I've been cut off the wireless I'm on a couple times...

In a nutshell - still no luggage.  Bruce the Frontier Agent has been very nice and helpful...but still not suitcase.

Went out and bought my own underpants tonight...this is becoming a theme in my life.

I bought some clothes at Wal-Mart. Ok, it's Wal-Mart, but I found some jeans that fit and a couple tops that will carry me over until I get my clothes

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

I began my evening watching a TV special I hadn't seen in many years and I thoroughly enjoyed it, more than when I watched it originally. No more will be said about it other than thanks to the person who made it possible. He knows who he is.

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »

I am wearing my mother's nightgown as the clothes I wore today are being washed.  I feel really goofy in her nighty

Matt H.

« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »

I watched the pop-up LOST at 8. Great information this week (reminded me of things that happened in Season 2 which I had forgotten). Sorry not to see these any more.

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »

Echoing DRs Jose and td, LOST tonight was an astonishing episode with surprises, revelations, and MORE mysteries to explore. How can this show keep surprising us every week like this? Brilliant, one-of-a-kind storytelling, and among the best ever.

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

I loved ELI STONE, too. One of the best episodes yet for the show (I hate this love triangle they're launching), but that's the only negative in an otherwise top-notch hour of television.

Matt H.

« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:14 PM »

I recorded SMALLVILLE for watching tomorrow during lunch.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

And, yes, "Eli Stone" was very good tonight too!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »

So... My roommate, Jim, just got home...  He's currently watching "Lost" via the DVR...  And he keeps stopping every now and then to comment on the show... And/or to ask me a question about something...  And I just keep telling him, "DON'T ASK ME ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL THE END OF THE SHOW OR I WILL END UP TELLING YOU WHAT HAPPENS!!!!"

;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:45:44 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: March 13, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »

I am wearing my mother's nightgown as the clothes I wore today are being washed.  I feel really goofy in her nighty

Can you say, "New Avatar"?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »

The fish in the fish and chips came out better than they have before.  I changed my batter recipe - it's now one cup wheat flour, one cup corn starch, one tablespoon baking powder, one bottle beer, some salt and whatever other seasonings seem appropriate.  Nice and crunchy.

But der B still wasn't happy with how the oil hadn't really drained from the fish.  I need to work on that.

And the chips were limp.   :-\

The Chips Were Limp - that's the title of my next novel.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »

Good evening all. Can someone tell me why it's 10:45 and I just got home from work?

Did you accidentally set your clocks back one hour instead of ahead this past weekend? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »

Listening to Harry Nilsson's soundtrack to Skidoo.

MBarnum

« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »

To be perfectly frank (not Loesser, though), I thought it was one of the best films of 2007.  In any language.

You will have made John Abraham very happy! The movie got cruddy reviews. I thought it was not bad....it could have used more song and dance numbers, though.

Matt H.

« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »

No writing to do tonight, so I'm free to head downstairs to bed at a decent hour for a change!

Good night!

Matt H.

« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »

Forgot to do a Page Ten Dance!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »

The fish in the fish and chips came out better than they have before.  I changed my batter recipe - it's now one cup wheat flour, one cup corn starch, one tablespoon baking powder, one bottle beer, some salt and whatever other seasonings seem appropriate.  Nice and crunchy.

But der B still wasn't happy with how the oil hadn't really drained from the fish.  I need to work on that.

Hmm... That seems like an awful lot of corn starch... Hmm... Have you tried rice flour?

As for your limp chips... Are you doing the double fry? with each fry at a different temperature?  Maybe you're fry thermometer is not accurate and/or needs to be recalibrated?

What type of oil are you using? Vegetable (soy)? Peanut? Sunflower? Crisco? Lard?  *Some of the most amazing potato chips I've ever had were fried in lard!  -Are you frying the chips before or after the fish? Having you tried "brining" the chips beforehand?  Sometimes a good soak in salted water helps to extract some of the water from the potatoes, making them more prone to crisping up.  I've also seen many a chip recipe that calls for splashing the potatoes with vinegar beforehand, then letting the excess vinegar - and water - drain away in a colander.

From personal experience, I've had pretty good results from chilling the cut potatoes in the fridge, and heating the oil a little higher than normal, then lowering it back to "normal" after the chips have been frying for a couple of minutes.

*Although, my favorite type of "fries" lately have been broiled fingerling potatoes that have been prepped with a good splash of olive oil, salt, black pepper and rosemary.  They get all crispy on the outside, nice and creamy on the inside.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »

BK - Actually, I think "Drained From The Fish" would be more appropriate.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »

My roommate and I have been steadily progressing through season 1 of Veronica Mars. It's soooo good!

MBarnum

« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:43 PM »

Visited the new Iraqi family...they are now over at Walmart shopping with Jason and his in-laws.

When they all left I went down to the Kawari's apartment and visited with him and his family. They had a very upsetting incident the other day at the bus stop where some high school kids (who evidently go to the same school as the Kawari kids...and therefore know that they are from Iraq) stopped there car and accosted the whole family with some very foul language.

Mustafa (the dad) is quite stressed about it, and is very worried about his family's safety. I tried to reason with him that these were just bullies and not to take it personally or seriously...but I know it is easier said then done. I know that no one is going to harm them or the kids, these kids were just jerks. But it was such a shock to the Kawari's because up to now they have been treated so nicely by everyone. They are very used to being concerned about there safety, so it is difficult for them not to worry about such an incident.

I really hope those teenage thugs die. I am very angry about the whole thing and I felt helpless in consoling them. Why must people go out of there way to hurt others. I will never understand it.

MBarnum

« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2008, 09:10:39 PM »

Ok, I don't really hope those thugs will die...I guess.

MBarnum

« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »

TPunk, congrats on winning the role of Mimi. I don't know who that is either...but I am sure you will be swell as her!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up