Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL TOMORROW  (Read 27665 times)

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
Re:UNTIL TOMORROW
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

My roommate and I have been steadily progressing through season 1 of Veronica Mars. It's soooo good!

I was very sorry to see it go after Season 3. But then Kristen Bell showed up on Heroes, and all was right with the world again...

td

• td
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »

And maybe your "Spoiler Warning" in #242 needs to be fyeuhwoiufhdfdisguisedxbetterjoaiuoaiufdf.

;D

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

I was very sorry to see it go after Season 3. But then Kristen Bell showed up on Heroes, and all was right with the world again...

So true!

I have seen season 3, but my roommate had to keep filling me in on all the back story from seasons 1 and 2.

td

• td
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »

You will have made John Abraham very happy! The movie got cruddy reviews. I thought it was not bad....it could have used more song and dance numbers, though.

You know what?  At first I thought something was missing by there not being more musical numbers, but as the film progressed, I didn't find their lack to be a debit.  I just thought that the characterizations, especially Mr. Abraham's, were more than enough to keep the film moving.   I actually threw my slippers at the screen when Sunny signed the papers and hated the character for quite a while thereafter.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

Visited the new Iraqi family...they are now over at Walmart shopping with Jason and his in-laws.

When they all left I went down to the Kawari's apartment and visited with him and his family. They had a very upsetting incident the other day at the bus stop where some high school kids (who evidently go to the same school as the Kawari kids...and therefore know that they are from Iraq) stopped there car and accosted the whole family with some very foul language.

Mustafa (the dad) is quite stressed about it, and is very worried about his family's safety. I tried to reason with him that these were just bullies and not to take it personally or seriously...but I know it is easier said then done. I know that no one is going to harm them or the kids, these kids were just jerks. But it was such a shock to the Kawari's because up to now they have been treated so nicely by everyone. They are very used to being concerned about there safety, so it is difficult for them not to worry about such an incident.

I really hope those teenage thugs die. I am very angry about the whole thing and I felt helpless in consoling them. Why must people go out of there way to hurt others. I will never understand it.

What an unfortunate and scary incident for them. It sounds like you did your best to console them, but I imagine it will take them a long time before they will be able to let go of their vigilance and worries about safety. I doubt that any amount of reassurance on your part will keep them from viewing this as a serious threat. It will take time and more interactions with kind and open-minded people such as yourself.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »

I have to get up at 7:30 tomorrow to be at work early and take an agency car up to connecticut. My roommate/co-worker and I are presenting at an LGBT conference on creating a safe space for LGBTQ kids in residential care. It should be fun. Except for the getting up before 8AM part.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #306 on: March 13, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

To bed!

FJL

« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

Larry - we'll give you a call tomorrow about possible dates for seeing GLASS MENAGERIE.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »

So...

DR Bretty Spaghetti - How was "Lost"?

;)

****asdflkjasdDON'TadjlajiweiaFORGETanvbcxvhdTOdfljaluwePOSTadfijw

elrkjfSPOILERasodifuweblxwerWARNINGS*****
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:35:01 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: March 13, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

I'm going to go to bed by eleven.  Determined to do so.  Maybe even sooner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »

Welcome sixteen GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: March 13, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »

All right, since there's no one here but Jose and I, I'll start the new topic - hold tight.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up