Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M STILL HERE  (Read 26780 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:I'M STILL HERE
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

'night

td

• td
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2008, 07:11:01 PM »

I spy me some DR BrettySpaghetti!

DR BrettySpaghetti, do you like Bollywood movies?
Do you like gladiator movies?

;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

Good Evening!

To bake cookies or to not bake cookies?

That seems to be my dilemna tonight. ;)

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »

Another leisurely paced day of auditions.  Well, a leisurely afternoon of auditions and callbacks.  -My morning session was anything but leisurely.  And now I have the weekend off to recover and to rest up for next week: five days in a row of open calls for "The Untitled Gershwin Project".  Should be fun and "fun".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »

DR TOMOVOZ:
My friend Sydney, who likes a lot of the same films I do, told me the other day that she was quite impressed with THE STREET. When I said that I couldn't get past the first episode, she said that she had trouble the first time, too. She saw it first on BBC AMERICA--the first episode or so--then later saw the whole series on DVD. So I guess I'm not the only one who had that reaction; I'll try it again at some point since both of you praise it so highly.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »

Since I was just a few stops away, I ventured out to Brooklyn for dinner.  My friend, Michael, joined me.  We ended up at ChipShop for dinner.  I hadn't been out there in a while, and didn't realize they had sold off the other half of their restaurant - there used to be an accompanying "Curry Shop" next door that shared the same entrance.  Now it's a Mediterranean place.  ChipShop is not exactly a big place, but the shared entrance and "lobby" entrance helped to ease the crowding while waiting for a table.  Well, with that are gone... There were lots of Please's and Thank You's being bandied about as people shifted around each time the door opened or someone got up from their table.  In any case...

We both enjoyed our Fish (Cod) & Chips - and they have the really good malt vinegar too from England - no ketchup necessary.  We also split an order of their Fried Mac&Cheese.  YUM!  And since it's Easter season, they were featuring Deep-Fried Cadbury Eggs, so, needless to say, we both tried one.  -Consequently, we took a nice walk around Park Slope before we hopped back on the train back into Manhattan.  And since it was Michael's first trip to the ChipShop, he also tried their Deep-Fried Twinkie served with a Raspberry Coulis.  I believe he liked it very much. ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:59:16 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »

Why can't I get the song "Secret Love" out of my head?

Is it because you can't get your "Secret Love" out of your...

-oh, nevermind...  8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:58:24 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »

CD Player:
THE LITTLE MERMAID - OBC - what a great album!

It is a really nice album.  Alas, it works much better as an album than a show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »

Thank-you.

We get around the bagging problem by having the checkers doing the bagging at the same time as they check.  Most of our baggers are still in high school, and only available on weekends.

Every once in a while, a customer goes to where the bagger would normally be working, and then is astounded when I start bagging.  Apparently, in some areas (like New Jersey), the customers are expected to bag.  I can't see it, myself - bagging is a courtesy, and we are always courteous to our customers.

Of course, there are some cutomers we know well enough to tease a bit, but that's different.   ;D

At my beloved Ukrop's in Richmond, I was such a regular, that I would usually bag my own groceries just because I wanted to and liked to do so too.  And sometimes, I would even bag other people's groceries if I happened to notice that some of the baggers were busy helping out others.

-Now if I can just stop the baggers up the street at Foodtown from double-plastic-bagging every single thing they pack up.  I bought a box of Kleenex that other day - and even that was double-bagged!  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »

So?  Has anyone else been following all the drama over at The Metropolitan Opera with their current production of Wagner's "Tristan und Isolde"?  Gives new meaning to the term "understudy".

Tristan and the Furious Stage

And the related article about operatic mishaps and misfortunes is also quite a good, fun read.

Many Nights at the Opera Involve Emergency Room
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:30:27 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »

And from today's New York Times...

If any DR has been wanting to pay a visit to Los Angeles, but was deterred by the hotel rates, well, this article may give you some ideas... and some inspiration.  -I think DR MBarnum may get a kick out this read.

Checking in, Glamour-Free
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »

I love that website!

Also, that kitten looks like a baby Pierre. And getting into the toilet is totally something that he would have done.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »

I'm not quite sure what DR Ron Pulliam was thinking when he said LOST aired on Wednesday night. Obviously, it aired on Thursday.

spoiler space

Russeau has been with us off and on since Season 1 so *I* definitely cared that she was killed. Carl was of less concern, but I assume the point being made is that these two were being shot - not by "The Others" and not by "The Losties" but by one of the freighter people since Alex had to identify herself to them. The freighter people are supposed to kill everyone, at least so far as we know.

But, DR Jennifer, the point of them not showing us who fired was a little thing known as a CLIFFHANGER. Remember that until a few weeks ago, there was no indication that we were going to get ANY more LOST episodes this season, so the producers worked out to have a cliffhanger at the end of 8 episodes if that was all we were going to get this season. And even though we are to get 5 more episodes, they're a month away, so this was a nice shocking question mark to leave the audience with until the return of the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:54 PM »

That's the title of my next novella - On the Prowl for A New Member.

By John Wayne Bobbitt

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »

I began my evening with another episode of NUMB3RS. Ah, me, they've introduced Kathy Najimy as Judd Hirsch's love interest. Good! Now he can concentrate on his love life and leave his sons alone to pursue theirs at their own pace.

The story had to do with toxic waste being planted under schoolyards. It was just OK.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »

I spent a large portion of the evening with the new Blu-ray release of UNBREAKABLE. Hadn't watched the movie in awhile, and I found it as measuredly poignant as I always have. It's slow and methodical, but I found the payoff to be quite wonderful when I first saw it (admiteedly, the group of teachers I went with to see it didn't like it much).

Matt H.

« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »

I watched the bonus features, the same ones that were on the Vista Edition DVD release. There was one very moving deleted scene I had forgotten about: the mother and son waiting in the hospital for the father to come out, and she's trying to get him to eat something from the vending machine, but he's in shock.

Matt H.

« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »

I spent the last 80 minutes of the evening watching, of all things, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Blu-ray. I hadn't watched it since I got the new set and new receiver. Certainly it looks beautiful. You can tell they spent a ton of money on this.

The music (and singing) never seems to get any better.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »

...but lots of sweaters and shirts that no longer fit and are not exactly in style...

Save for FNM musical.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »

I have some writing to do now, so I think I'll tend to that and then head down to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

As for "Lost".....

SPOILER AHEAD - SORT OF

four score and seven years ago we the people in order to form a more perfect union one two three four five six seven eight The one thing that bugged me about the last episode was that last couple minutes, and, in fact, entertainment weekly also has the same beef with the episode.  it just seems really weird that no one on the freighter knew who michael/kevin was since the the four "searchers" who were recruited - and who are now on the island - were able to identify kate and jack.  they all had knowledge of the people on the manifest, and even had some visual references as to who they were.  so even though, "that's not your real name" was a knowing "joke" it really should not have been.  and one other interesting tidbit about the code that michael entered to detonate the bomb - seven one seven seven six - corresponds to the date of the birth of the united states. thus ends my spoiler discussion for this post.  you may now return to your regularly scheduled posting however dr jennifer you may want to vary the pattern of your spoiler gibberish since it looks a little too obvious at least to my eyes but then again since i don't really care about spoilers well but since other are reading rather trying not to read well.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »

- they're used be...

Calling OZ!

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »

Calling OZ!

der Brucer

Well... If you read it upside down... ;)

-I just went back and corrected that post.  And the post after that.  I blame the Deep-Fried Cadbury Egg.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »

I blame the Deep-Fried Cadbury Egg.

Maybe you needed the deep-fried Twinkie as a chaser.

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »

OH, but, you're limber enough to go that far back!   ;)

That's just good moisturizing.  He dasn't miss a single day of applications.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2008, 09:30:44 PM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILERS
(what happened today)

SPOILERS

fdjdlfjd lfjdlfj j dlfjdlf jdlfj dlfj dlfjdlfkjdlfj dlfj dfjdfjdlf jkldfj ldfjldjfl djfldj fldjfd
Btw, very upset re: what has happend on Big Brother today. Very happy james and chelsia were nommed. But very unhappy that he won veto. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I wanted him out!
jldfj dlfj dlfjdlfjdjfdj flkdj flkdjflkdjf kldjflkd jflkdjfkldjfldjfd jflkdjflkdjflkdjflkdjf

Twinkle twinkle wingpaw jar how I wonder what you are up above stingdraw so high like a slipshod in the sky. Reminds me of another James....from Season 6.  Won many, many POVs he did! I don't like this way of doing these intros to spoilers, Jose Simbulan, 'cause it's too tought to figure out ways to work snuffjaw digs into them.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:50:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

At my beloved Ukrop's in Richmond, I was such a regular, that I would usually bag my own groceries just because I wanted to and liked to do so too.  And sometimes, I would even bag other people's groceries if I happened to notice that some of the baggers were busy helping out others.

-Now if I can just stop the baggers up the street at Foodtown from double-plastic-bagging every single thing they pack up.  I bought a box of Kleenex that other day - and even that was double-bagged!  ???

This is an easily solved problem, Jose.  Take a cloth shopping bag with you and put all your things inside  it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

I'm not quite sure what DR Ron Pulliam was thinking when he said LOST aired on Wednesday night. Obviously, it aired on Thursday.

I'm quite sure DR Ron Pulliam was confused all to hell at that time of the day when he was replying -- fried as his brain was from the hectic week -- and was misthinking because his CBS Thursday shows were aired Wednesday night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »

As for "Lost".....

SPOILER AHEAD - SORT OF

four score and seven years ago we the people in order to form a more perfect union one two three four five six seven eight The one thing that bugged me about the last episode was that last couple minutes, and, in fact, entertainment weekly also has the same beef with the episode.  it just seems really weird that no one on the freighter knew who michael/kevin was since the the four "searchers" who were recruited - and who are now on the island - were able to identify kate and jack.  they all had knowledge of the people on the manifest, and even had some visual references as to who they were.  so even though, "that's not your real name" was a knowing "joke" it really should not have been.  and one other interesting tidbit about the code that michael entered to detonate the bomb - seven one seven seven six - corresponds to the date of the birth of the united states. thus ends my spoiler discussion for this post.  you may now return to your regularly scheduled posting however dr jennifer you may want to vary the pattern of your spoiler gibberish since it looks a little too obvious at least to my eyes but then again since i don't really care about spoilers well but since other are reading rather trying not to read well.

This is the forest primeval..by the shores of gitchee goomee down beside the deep sea water stands the wigwam of Nakomis..what the world needs now is love sweet love, that's the only thing  The folks on the freighter know who is on the manifest, but not necessarily what they look like.  No one knew Jack or Kate "on sight" that I recall.    As for Michael, they probably have no idea whether he survived or not.  If they know he did survive, then they would have had to have the survivor listing that Ben's people created for him.  That's not to say, however, that the captain doesn't know who Kevin really is.  We have yet to see what the captain will actually do or say as a result of Sayid's turning him in.  I think that Miles saying "that's not your real name" had more to do with some of the gifts he possesses (remember his ability to talk to spirits?) than it was any indication he knew "who" Kevin really was.  I think he had no clue Michael was there to be a threat, or he would have turned him in immediately. So darling have a heart.  Don't let one mistake keep us apart.  I'm not meant to live alone.  Turn this house into a home.  When I climb the stair and turn the key....oh please be there...

FJL

« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2008, 09:50:12 PM »

Just finished a rather large corporate return.  This is my idea of fun.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up