Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL  (Read 48581 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL
« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:11 PM »

That's a smiley in cyborg spy glasses

Cillaliz

« Reply #391 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:31 PM »

Oh good heavens Page 14...and just as I was about to say good night

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #392 on: April 02, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »

Good night, Cilla. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #393 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from South Pacific...

I'll keep this "review" short.  For now at least.  All in all, a very enjoyable evening.  However, I wasn't as blown away by the production as much as I had expected to be - at least from the reactions of some of my friends and colleagues.  I know South Pacific very well after working on two major regional productions of the show, and through my own study of the show - including all the cut and interpolated material, so...

The whole show is there, however...  This production does include "My Girl Back Home", but it's been placed where I don't recall it every being placed before.  The book scene setting up the song actually seemed a bit "suspect" to me.  -I'll have to go back through my script library.  There were also a few small dance breaks I don't ever recall seeing or hearing.  Again, I'll have to check my scores.

I appreciated the director's choice to make everything seem "real", however, I felt at times that it felt almost "too real".  The show is very realistically, deliberately paced.  Nothing is rushed, nothing is forced.  Unfortunately, at least for me, there was no constant "crackle" or "tension" in the air.  South Pacific has never been an "exciting", edge of your seat show, but the juxtaposition of the War and the beauty of the setting should provide some sort of tension throughout.  The score is also presented in a very "easy" manner which, to me, made everything sound a metronome tick to slow.

All of the above is truly nit-picking due to my familiarity with the material. I really did like the production.  There is a TON of good stuff in the production.  The 30-piece orchestra! - which actually gets revealed - literally - at various points in the show.  The leads are uniformly well cast, and really inhabit their parts - and sing like dreams!  And if Danny Burstein doesn't get a Tony nomination for his portrayal of Billis, then I'd have to seriously consider boycotting the Tony Awards this year!  -Well, maybe not a boycott, but his Billis is truly the best one I've ever seen.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »

As for the IDOL results show, the one eliminated was pretty predictable and well deserved.

Kristy Lee looked absolutely stunning this evening!  She is prettier than Cybill Shepherd was, but they are very similar in appearance.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »

"_______ is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values.

I can see, historically:

A.   Hair
B.   Oh Calcutta!
C.   Godspell
D.   Jesus Christ Superstar
E.   Rent

But Grease?

der Brucer

Or my favorite "Let My People Come"

He's talking about the current revival of Grease, not Grease in general.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »

And, yes, I was very proud of my former students.  -And I'm glad I was able to make my way through the veritable maze of hallways backstage without getting lost. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »

Well... It's been a long(!) day, and I'm definitely ready to get some sleep, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »

Back from a good rehearsal and a good dinner and a surprisingly easy drive - no bush trimming and not much slowing on the 134 to the 210 so I don't know what all that drama was about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2008, 12:17:47 AM »

I don't think it's furry things stripping wiring - there is no exposed wiring, it's all inside pipes and stuff.  And the problem with the bathroom certainly was easy - corrosion on the breaker.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #400 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:01 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up