Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THOSE DARN LAKERS  (Read 32110 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THOSE DARN LAKERS
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »

PAGE 5 DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »

At work today, we're having a staff meeting/potluck lunch/volunteer thank you.  I signed up to bring lasagna (I'm one of several people who did) and it's in the oven now.  I hope it doesn't take any longer than the hour and 15 minutes that it says on the box.  We'll see. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »

But no one will show up, since they can't get their email announcing the event...   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »

DVR reminder:  A Catered Affair on TCM tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »

But no one will show up, since they can't get their email announcing the event...   ;)

Well, if DR George's library workplace is anything like mine, when people start showing up bearing food - they'll figure it out!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »

DR Ginny - does that include the homeless and indigent?   :)

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »

DR Ginny - does that include the homeless and indigent?   :)

Especially  ::)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

From Jose:
*And, you can bet that I'm going to keep the producer to his 'word' about me in the pit!  

The compliment alone is very exciting :)  VIBES HE KEEPS HIS WORD!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

Back for a few howdy's before i hit the shower and leap off into my day...
PennyO

singdaw

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:45 AM »

Although what the shower ever did to you to deserve being hit...

;)

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »

Still finding time to review local arts "happenings", DR PennyO?

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »

And how long does your show run?

George

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »

Well, if DR George's library workplace is anything like mine, when people start showing up bearing food - they'll figure it out!

You got that right!  But you can't partake if you don't bring something.  And there are signs all over the place, so the word has already gotten out. :)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:37:10 AM by George »

George

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »

Hi Penny!! :D

singdaw

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »

there are signs all over the place.

Hmm.

Perhaps DRs JRand57 and PennyO can interpret them for you...      8)

Jane

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »

Hello, DR PennyO! The folk at Artie's ask when Penny's coming back. You are missed enormously on the East Coast, dahlink.  By me, especially.

Someone is selling on eBay today an original BABES poster beginning at $980.00, which is a bit out of my league. Why wasn't I born rich instead of beautiful?

I read that as $98 & was seriously considering getting it for you.  I love you but $980 is out of my league.  I got a kid going to medical school.  Even with loans and money from the sale of the loft (praying everyday all goes well now that he is in pending again), he might need help with little things such as food. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »

I'm up again - got about two and a half hours more sleep.  Now there are things to be done and I'd better start doing them.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »

The USPS and the way in which mail is delivered and how long it takes, baffles me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »

...I just received an e-mail at Kritzerland from an Evening Primrose customer telling me "since everyone in NY has gotten their CDs, where's mine?  Send me USPS info."...
Since the population of New York City alone (totally forgetting the rest of the state, as most people living in NYC usually do) is over eight and a quarter MILLION, and there were only 3000 copies of EP pressed, either this lassie has serious mathematical problems, or she suffers from a serious case of hyperbole, or the people of NYC are all expected to share thier copies with something like 2750 other people.  (Which totally ignores the copies of EP that were sent to places other than NYC, which the inhabitants of NYC often forget exist anyway.)

I'm trying to imagine an NYC where the people are that sharing.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2008, 10:42:06 AM »

Hi Penny.  Wishing you much success with your show!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »

Ours arrived, btw, just moments before I wrote the previous post.

Thank-you, BK!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »

DR Jane, I had somehow missed that DS Bryan's loft had gone back under contract.  That's fantastic!

***EXPEDITED CLOSING VIBES!!!***[/size][/color]

Jane

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »

Thanks Singdaw.  Maybe I forgot to mention it.  Once he found out he couldn't rent it if it didn't sell, he drastically dropped the price.  That generated much attention & a quick sale.  The couple need a home & seem very excited.  Friday is the deadline for the first big hurdle-fingers crossed big time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2008, 11:02:55 AM »

Argh! Don't mention that name. I had enough of Indiana Jones for awhile. (Of course, the new movie which many are predicting will be the highest grossing of the summer comes out very soon.)
You could always wait it out, until the DVD of the film comes out.

;D

;)

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »

Off to the 2nd floor Auditorium to set up for a program.  Sure hope my guest speaker arrives within the hour.

Bye for now!

Jane

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »

Did I mention Bryan is selling his beloved video game collection on ebay?  Some of his games are collector items.  It hurts to sell but it is more exciting to go to medical school.

I mentioned all the complaints I read here about ebay sellers.  I’m very proud to announce that in 6 years of selling on ebay he only has two small, & I mean small, dings in his ratings.  He is known as having speeding mailings.  It helps he can walk to the post office, so he mails them the evening after the auction is complete or the following morning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »

Nertz!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

Bad morning.  Bad, BAD morning.

Nertz, again!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »

Ptooi!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

Did you know that the Lakers were originally the

Minneapolis Lakers

until they moved to Los Angeles in 1960
Well DANG those guys who move to Los Angeles from other places!  First the Dodgers, next the Lakers!  Danged interlopers!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up