Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSER THAN EVER  (Read 78877 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:CLOSER THAN EVER
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

DR Jose-Your brother has his work cut out for him.
Keith asked what is too young?  Do you mean Sugar was still nursing?  How old is she now?

You didn’t mention how Sugar is with Jacks, & more important how is she with Alexandra?

Sometimes female dogs lift their legs, it is their way of “marking”.  I’m not sure why a young puppy would do that.  

Nervous excitable dogs often leak.  JMK, how long did it take Blanche to outgrow that?

I’m thinking Sugar was crate trained & feels secure in her crate, a natural behavior she may or may not outgrow.  

I’m also guessing she was trained to use the pad.  Once that happens it is very difficult to un-train that behavior.  At two and a half, Craig’s Yogi is just now beginning to pee outside on the lawn.  He still uses the pad to defecate.  

As to why she pushed her poop onto the carpet I have no idea.  At least she didn’t eat it. ;D

Stay tuned for part two.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:40:57 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »

Nervous excitable dogs often leak.  JMK, how long did it take Blanche to outgrow that?

Wow, who would have thought that my ex-wife was a nervous excitable dog!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »

I would like at this time to apologize to everyone for breaking the board yesterday.  It was not intentional, and I am sincerely sorry.

The problem was, after I broke it, I couldn't get in to fix what I'd done.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:54:27 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2008, 05:54:08 PM »

And the word of the day is: GIMCRACK!
What everyone else yells when the plumber works out.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »

Hi, all....

I'm thinking of going up to New York in another month or so to see The 39 Steps, which is at the Cort Theatre on
138 West 48th Street.

I'm not familiar with the city at all .... can anyone give the name of a good, but relatively inexpensive hotel near this theater?

And should I buy my tickets in advance or is there a good chance of getting them at those half-price ticket places?

And my eyes are lousy and I expect to be waaaaay back in the back of the theater, so is there any objection to people brinhing in big ol' binoculars (as opposed to tiny opera glasses)?

Thanks for any help.

Check online for hotels. It varies.  Sometimes the Milford Plaza has a good internet deal. I like the Hotel Edison, sometimes it's reasonable, sometimes not so much, some of us stayed at the Comfort Inn on...46th? St and it is sometimes reasonable. You just really have to look around.  If you see a deal on soemthing like Orbitz, check out the hotel website, sometimes you can beat the deal there.

Jane

« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »

In my opinion it is definitely not a matter of letting time take care of the problems.

Suggestions:

Look into a puppy class, not training but socializing, your brother & Alexandra can go together with Sugar.

Look into doggie day care programs both dogs can go to while your brother is at work.  A good doggie day care program will be clean, friendly, have nice dogs, and people who will work on socializing Sugar.  

If neither of the above are options, ask the vet to suggest an animal behaviorist who can do a few private sessions at the house, access the situation & teach your brother & Alexandra the best way to motivate Sugar to be more confident.

Remember it is very important for a puppy to be well socialized to the outside world of people, dogs, sights & sounds.  Sherlock was very shy with people so we took him into town almost every day.  If you like I can email our methods in more detail.

When it should be time for Sugar to use the pad, I suggest taking her outside along with her pad.  Put the pad on the grass and see what happens.  A book to read while they wait might help. ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:00:46 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

I would like at this time to apologize to everyone for breaking the board yesterday.  It was not intentional, and I am sincerely sorry.

We know it wasn't intentional, & you weren't the first person to break the board

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »

I hate to say this, because it'll bother musicians who read this site, but it seems ot me that taking another gig doesn't seem like a fair thing to do when you're committed to performances, whatever your legal rights are.
If any of us at regular "day" jobs pulled this kind of stunt, we'd have to depend on our "night" job.

Jane

« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2008, 06:06:46 PM »

Wow, who would have thought that my ex-wife was a nervous excitable dog!

;D

Jane

« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »

Thanks for the dental vibes.  It went ok.  

Jane

« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »

I really have no clew as to why this tummy thing is obstinately hanging on like this - it's been since Saturday and I'm about to have to bitch-slap Ye Olde Tummy from here to eternity and hell and back.

Don't eat Caesar Salads, or any salads,  until it is better.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

Thanks for the dental vibes.  It went ok.  

Happy to hear read it, Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2008, 06:11:57 PM »

;)

Now I'll be know for my lying post.  On page 17 I correct Cilla and state I took us to page 17, when in fact I am now the second post. ;D

Nah, you took us to page 17 Jane.  It was a team effort, but you were the top. It's just the correction that changed it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »

I never saw the unaltered Page Sixteen; but that explains why I was in computer limbo for almost an hour this morning.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »

We knew you didn't mean it.  I will say after reading that post, I had the impression you weren't too fond of two dollar bills ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »

I managed to see the page in question.  DR S. Woody had about 208 or so  :P icons strung out in one row sending the entire page into CinemaScope 55!   :o  It was a RANT against some guys who pay for their purchases in legal tender, but that the store folks HATE HATE HATE the 2-dollar bills and 1-dollar coins these guys use.  

::)
The case deals with a couple of numismatists who get large numbers of 2-dollar bills and 1-dollar coins and go through them to find the rare ones.  They then come to the store and dump their unwanted bills and coins, and we cashiers are stuck with this unwanted garbage in our cash drawers.  We cannot pass them off to other customers - they don't want them either.  We do not have space in our cash drawers to store the coins or bills - that space is used for holding other things that we need to keep in the cash drawers.  The bill acceptors at the self-scan registers will not even recognize the two-dollar bills.  And, as far as I know (I haven't seen them try as yet) the coin acceptors will not recognize the dollar coins.

Are the two-dollar bills and one-dollar coins legal tender?  Yes.  But these two jackholes are committing a hostile act every time they pay their way.  They are selfish.  And they are gleeful every time they do it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »

At the rate things are going, I may find my face plastered on the sides of buses and billboards; long before I ever get paid for the photo shoot.  The ad agency seems to think the hold-up is my agent, my agent seems to blame the ad agency; and Nicky and Angel are blaming me for the whole problem.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2008, 06:22:18 PM »

Nah, you took us to page 17 Jane.  It was a team effort, but you were the top. It's just the correction that changed it.

LOL-I was tempted to remove my post, except it is kind of funny.

Jane

« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »

I would be fine with a $2 bill as change.  In fact I would think it is fun.  

How many can you send DR Sandra?  

Jane

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »

TCB-GET PAID QUICKLY VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »

DR Jose.  I forgot to mention to get Sugar checked to be sure the "leaking" isn't due to a physical problem.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »

I removed the weird post from page sixteen - does it load easier now?
BK - a personal thank-you.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »

You put your two-dollar bills under your twenties. You don't usually give twenties out as change, so you won't run into the twos. And you put your dollar coins in the penny or dime slots so you won't confuse them for quarters or nickels.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »

And I love it when people pay with twos. It makes my day.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

TCB-GET PAID QUICKLY VIBES!!!!

Thanks, Jane, but my little money problem pales in comparison to the Great Two-Dollar Bill Assault!   ::)
“One thing’s universal,

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE VIXTER!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

Def Leppard on Dancing with the Stars....that's just wrong

Jane

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2008, 06:35:02 PM »

TCB, I'm sorry you can't return to court & get a reduction on those payments.  

Jane

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »

DR Sandra, how many $2 bills do you want to collect?

Jane

« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »

Thanks, Jane, but my little money problem pales in comparison to the Great Two-Dollar Bill Assault!   ::)

Just re-read that ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up