Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TICKLED PINK  (Read 60244 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TICKLED PINK
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2008, 01:46:48 PM »

PAGE 6 DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »

The last time I stayed at the Edison, I was seeing Patti Lupone in EVITA and Sandy Duncan in PETER PAN. . . .

At the same time??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »

Is Cilla really having dinner with Rupert?

Yes

When??  Cilla, if it's not too late (or inappropriate), can you ask him if "Remember WENN" will ever be released on DVD? :D

td

• td
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »

At the same time??

Just not at the same theater. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »

At the same time??

Yes, indeed, Evita was truly high, flying and adored.

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »

At the same time??

Peter Pan and Tiger Lily had a true rainbow tour.

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »

Back from a delightful Sunday in Cincinnati.  After church, Richard took us out for my week-before-Mother's-Day lunch at Bravo.  We've always celebrated a week ahead, because restaurants are just too crowded on the actual day.  Next Sunday, he'll be on his way to Wisconsin, so I'll spend the day with my mother, who has requested a trip to Newport on the Levee.

We did a little shopping after lunch and came home for a relaxing Sunday evening.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »

I've been puttering about the apartment, working a little on LADY OF THE SLIPPER, tidying, and napping.  Last night, as I left Fred and Skip's, I told DR Ben that I'd most likely go home and watch a Shakespeare; I was thinking about TITUS ANDRONICUS. I ended up watching instead THE JANEAUSTEN BOOK CLUB. I have no idea what the book is like, but I really enjoyed the movie, both for the comments on Miss Austen's writing and for the film's  characters and how their lives reflected Miss Austen's novels. It was clever, very funny, and in the storyline for Marc Blucas and Emily Blunt rather painful.

This morning, I had brunch with my drummer friend Chris, who played THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN. We met a Popovers, dined, then walked down Broadway to the 72nd Street branch of West End Books, a used CD, LP, performing arts bookshop. After browsing we walked back up to Barnes and Noble, where Chris bought a copy of my new favorite book, FOREVER. After that, we parted ways and I came back here. I'm now debating what i should do for dinner.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »

I finished my writing, and now I think I'll be heading back down to clean the guest bathroom, put away the folded laundry, and then settle back in with an evening of DVDs and then prime time TV. Life is good.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2008, 02:20:28 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Jane Austen Book Club.  The movie is very true to the book.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »

A first - we've received an invitation to a college graduation party for one of DS Rob's friends.  It's hard to believe that Rob would be graduating this spring had he not opted at the outset for a 5-year program.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »

We've always celebrated a week ahead, because restaurants are just too crowded on the actual day.

Great idea - have Richard talk with the Bishop about moving Christmas up a week - think of all the traffic you'd miss :)

der Brucer

Of course that leaves fewer days for shopping!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »

DR der Brucer:   ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »

YesWhen??  Cilla, if it's not too late (or inappropriate), can you ask him if "Remember WENN" will ever be released on DVD? :D

George, I'm going soon.  I talked to him about WENN a long time ago. It's more of an AMC issue, not Rupert. He would love to see it released on DVD

FJL

« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »

George - Am I being gaslit?  Is this some sort of Seattle/Issaquah initiation? :) :) :)

See your replies #297 and 298 and TCB's reply #283 on April 25 (Operating on All Cylinders was the title of the notes that day.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

At the same time??

It could only have improved Velvita.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

Amy's Breads won't have Monkey Cake until 3:00 PM.  So, with my schedule today, I don't think I'll get there. I did get a wonderful piece of carrot cake and yes, DR Jane, it has cream cheese frosting!

;D

Jane

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2008, 04:06:44 PM »

I ended up watching instead THE JANEAUSTEN BOOK CLUB. I have no idea what the book is like, but I really enjoyed the movie, both for the comments on Miss Austen's writing and for the film's  characters and how their lives reflected Miss Austen's novels. It was clever, very funny, and in the storyline for Marc Blucas and Emily Blunt rather painful.

I enjoyed the movie more than the book.  The actors all did a wonderful job and, for me, made the characters more enjoyable on the big screen than on the written page.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

Earlier today my computer crashed & it appeared all was lost on it.  I have no idea what Keith did, just that he has revived it, with all my info intact.  :D

George

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »

George - Am I being gaslit?  Is this some sort of Seattle/Issaquah initiation? :) :) :)

See your replies #297 and 298 and TCB's reply #283 on April 25 (Operating on All Cylinders was the title of the notes that day.)

Dopey me. ::) I didn't write that down...but as I said, it's fine. :) Not a problem.

singdaw

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

Some DR used the word zaftig the other day.  I had been meaning to look it up, and just remembered.  I had always thought, for some reason, that it meant the equivalent of meshugunah.

Boy, was I misinformed!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

ONLY FIVE DAYS LEFT to place your bid on eBay for a walk-on role in THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X!!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

Should we all chip in and buy it for either DH Richard or DH Greg?   :D

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »

I listened to the fabulous EVENING PRIMROSE a little while ago; now, Davis Gaines is singing "Wandrin' Star" beautifully, and remarkably differently than Lee Marvin, in THE BROADWAY MUSICALS OF 1951.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »

We've had more scheduling postings for the Seattle/issaquah get-together than the Pope's visit.  :) :) :)

I don't know, but that guy with him is Larry Moore.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I just made a double espresso!  -Although, it was one part "regular", one part "unleaded", but it was still two parts dark roast goodness!

Maybe you can teach Presidential Suspect Hillary Clinton how to work the machine.  8)

In case you are the only person in America who hasn't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9bkuJliMY
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:07:54 PM by JRand57 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »

I don't know, but that guy with him is Larry Moore.  ;D
?????????????????????????????????????????
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

What was that?-Meaning the coffee YouTube, not the Larry Moore comment, not that understood that. ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:12:12 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »

My drummer friend Chris has become fixated on recording the ephemera of existence. I told him today that I think he's trying to validate his existence,  

So, he's started a web page for his sound recordings:

http://freakshow.com/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:14:39 PM by elmore3003 »

singdaw

« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »

In case you are the only person in America who hasn't seen it:

That would be me!    :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up