Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WE'RE HAVING A HEAT WAVE  (Read 36532 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WE'RE HAVING A HEAT WAVE
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

I've been doing Brain work - it's just never-ending.  Every time I go through it, I find new things to cleanup, and a lot of stage direction to adjust so that what's happening is very clear.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »

I have no idea who Neil Gaiman is (no, really, I don't) but I ran across this quote elsewhere and I love it.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question. Weeelll... More of A question really. Not THE question. Because, well, I mean, there are billions and billions of questions out there, and well, when I say billions, I mean, when you add in the answers, not just the questions, weeelll, you're looking at numbers that are positively astronomical."

Neil Gaiman's David Tennant's William Shakespeare's Hamlet
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:39:07 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44:37 PM »

Well, today's gray and rainy weather here in NYC seems to be nap-inducing, so...

I shall nap.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to Mr. Geissman's.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2008, 12:51:05 PM »

The drizzle has ended for now here in Rehoboth.

I should either take a nap, or start planning dinner.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »

BIG BANG THEORY had a funny and sweet episode last night.  Now that the season is over, I highly recommend watching the re-runs from the beginning.  At least give it a try.  We find this show delightfully funny.

I've been recording this but haven't watched it as often as it's been on.  I have six (I think) episodes to watch.  I really like this show, too. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »

***BOOK JACKET DESIGNING VIBES***[/size][/color]
for bk!!![/size][/color]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

Anxious to see the new book jacket, even though we don't know the title yet!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2008, 01:11:04 PM »

DR Jane, i am surprised that you did not like the finale of MEDIUM. I loved it!

I did, too. After everything we were put through this season with Allison and Joe barely getting by, with Allison and Joe at each other's throats, all the unhappiness with Allison being unmasked and Devalos losing his job, etc.

The final episode righted the ship and it will hopefully sail through calmer domestic waters next season. I watch the show for those marvelous puzzles that spring from Allison's psychic dreams. To have all of the other angst on top of trying to solve crimes was just exhausting last season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2008, 01:11:22 PM »

DR JOSE thanks for the link to the PlayBill article.  It will make for an interesting discussion at tonight's read through - sans Frank Lubey.

And all local programming has been interrupted for a BIG news story and the MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT EVER HAPPENED EVER....the 2012 Super Bowl will be played in Indianapolis.

I hope these guys don't break their arms patting themselves on the back.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »

I finished watching SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW while I cooked and ate lunch. I also watched a couple of the "making of" featurettes which are, of course, fascinating for this movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2008, 01:15:46 PM »

Then I put in RAMBO (the new one coming out next week). Carnage on a grand scale wrapped around a noble crusade to rescue some missionaries trapped in the interior of Burma. Killing in every possible way and right in graphic close-up. Most disgusting was Rambo ripping out a man's throat.

A little too visceral for my taste.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »

Then I listened to about 30 minutes of Stallone's commentary. The civil war in Burma has been going on for sixty years (I didn't know this), and they had to scrape together some news footage to relate this for the beginning of the movie. He sounds like he had the best of intentions with the film, but it certainly degenerates into a blood-and-guts action film of the basest kind.

Wonderful cast including Paul Schulze, Julie Benz, Matthew Marsden, Ken Howard.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »

I began watching the seven featurettes. I got two watched. The first was on resurrecting the character for this fourth film in the series, and how difficult it was shooting in Thailand for three months.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »

The second was on the music for the movie. Jerry Goldsmith wrote the scores for the first three, but, of course, he's no longer with us, so composer Brian Tyler did the music as an homage to Goldsmith.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »

And all local programming has been interrupted for a BIG news story and the MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT EVER HAPPENED EVER....the 2012 Super Bowl will be played in Indianapolis.

Congratulations, JRand. You can have it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »

So, I have five more featurettes about the making of the movie, and then there are some deleted scenes. I didn't look ahead to see how many there were, but hopefully, I'll be able to finish these before NCIS begins tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »

DR GINNY - foot vibes for the upcoming special attention it will be receiving.

Thanks, DR JRand.  June 11, 3 weeks from tomorrow, is the big day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »

I did skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS.

If Ameera has a new way to stay in the country legally, it has to be because Mayer finally told her he's her father. Doesn't look like he's hanging around to attack Luke again, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, because the show seems to be heating up now for that storyline, I'll begin recording it once again.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »

I'm going to write for a bit now and then head back down for more RAMBO featurettes and then prime time TV.

WBBL.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:14:09 PM by Matt H. »

Michael

« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »

I'd rather leave the Ma & Pa Kettle stories and the Francis movies back in my childhood.  I have recently watched four of the Carry On movies - and I still find them amusing - I think more so now because of the predictable lines etc.

I'm glad someone else knows the Carry On films
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »

Oh my, George AND TCB are both coming down with something or other.  Just let me know on my cell phone as soon as you can if it's looking like it may best to postpone lunch on Thursday.  (If one or both of you are still sick on Thursday, I could as of now instead do lunch Friday early afternoon, and even noon-ish on Saturday  - Sat. rehearsal doesn't start until 2.  To be honest, if you're still feeling sick, I wouldn't want to catch anything that could pass on to the cast and crewespecially.)

But I'll assume until i hear otherwise that we're still on for Thursday at 1.  We'll talk Thursday morning, but let me know ASAP if you decide Thurs. is off.

I think I'll be okay. :) Unless you want to make sure that we're both okay and have us only come up once...we could have lunch on Saturday and then see the show that night.  It would also save on gas.  But either way is fine with me.  What do you say, TCB??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »

Page Four Dark Shadows Dance.

There were supposed to restore the film to the original directors version before the "Smiling Cobra" had it cut down to fit the bottom half of a double bill.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »

I'm glad someone else knows the Carry On films

My sister and I used to watch these when we were kids.  She LOVED these movies...at least, the ones that she's seen.  Anyway, for her birthday a couple of years ago, I got her the DVD set to the TV series, Carry On Laughing!  I didn't know that there was a series until I came across it on Amazon.com.  And my sister was surprised, too!

Michael

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »

My sister and I used to watch these when we were kids.  She LOVED these movies...at least, the ones that she's seen.  Anyway, for her birthday a couple of years ago, I got her the DVD set to the TV series, Carry On Laughing!  I didn't know that there was a series until I came across it on Amazon.com.  And my sister was surprised, too!

I didn't know this was released on DVD. Thanks for the link. I think I'll buy it.
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »

I did, too. After everything we were put through this season with Allison and Joe barely getting by, with Allison and Joe at each other's throats, all the unhappiness with Allison being unmasked and Devalos losing his job, etc.

The final episode righted the ship and it will hopefully sail through calmer domestic waters next season. I watch the show for those marvelous puzzles that spring from Allison's psychic dreams. To have all of the other angst on top of trying to solve crimes was just exhausting last season.

AND...there was totally NOT ENOUGH with the children.  Bridget was notably less involved and I MISSED her.  And the eldest is getting to be so pretty (and less obnoxious).  I like that it's a "family affair" and that all the girls seem gifted.  They all need to be at least "in on" some of the dreams and share what they see with their mom.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

I see that this is also has been released. Bert Lahr's last film appearance.

Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

And once again DR Mr Brockman Snr - thank you for the songs of the day (and the thought you put into them).

Thank You for your kind words

Michael

« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

And this one too.

A Blake Edwards' film

Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up