Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S SO SCHIZO  (Read 23822 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IT'S SO SCHIZO
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

PAGE FOUR...FINALLY...DANCE!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »

Hey, Singdaw, how's the DVD burner working??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »

Back from Mom's birthday celebration.  The theatre was beautifully restored, the organ "pre-" show fabulous, and my first enounter with a Charlie Chaplin film - CITY LIGHTS - was a revelation!  Loved it!  Topped off by a very nice lunch out.   :)

singdaw

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »

bk, relative to Sondheim + Tick Tick Boom, I found the following online:

NEW YORK Opening-nighters at the musical "Tick, Tick ... Boom!" were astounded to hear Stephen Sondheim's voice blare out on the answering machine when the Jonathan Larson character (Raul Esparza), a down-and-out composer-lyricist, receives an unexpected call from his idol. At the post-perf party June 13 at Chinghalle, "Tick" producer Robyn Goodman said getting the notoriously private Sondheim to lend his vocals to the show was no problem.

"I faxed him a request and he said yes. He remembered going to one of Jonathan's workshops."

That leads me to suspect that the moment is captured either on the cast album of Tick Tick Boom, which I have, or the Jonathan Larson demo disc, which I also have.  But I can't confirm for you at this moment if that is the case for sure.

singdaw

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »

Hey, Singdaw, how's the DVD burner working??

DR George - I'm embarrassed to admit that I plugged it in to make sure it turned on, but beyond that I've yet to crack open the manual or try to hook it up.  I'm just hopelessly slow in adapting technologically to anything new.  I assume you're happy with yours?  :)

George

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »

DR George - I'm embarrassed to admit that I plugged it in to make sure it turned on, but beyond that I've yet to crack open the manual or try to hook it up.  I'm just hopelessly slow in adapting technologically to anything new.  I assume you're happy with yours?  :)

So happy, I got a second one!  It's actually quite easy...once you learn what to do. ;D

singdaw

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

I sure hope DR Jeanne is enjoying her special day!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »

DR George - with 200 hours of recording capacity, that should last you for a little while!   :)

George

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

DR George - with 200 hours of recording capacity, that should last you for a little while!   :)

Well, I've actually not tried out the 200 hour lowest quality setting, yet (you can REALLY tell a difference :P).  I have the Comcast DVRs to record shows that I want to watch and I delete what I don't want to keep, but if it's something special that I want to burn to DVD (like Camelot or the Mary Tyler Moore reunion on "The Oprah Winfrey Show"), then I've been recording it from the DVR to the DVD burner on XP (1 hour per disc) or SP (2 hours per disc...you have to set the recording speed/quality before you actually start recording onto the DVD burner) and then delete from both it when it's all done.  The instructions say that the burner is not a permanent storage system.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:33:12 PM by George »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JEANNE!!

WISHING YOU A VERY SPECIAL DAY!
 [/size]

singdaw

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »

DR George - I just meant: if you have two machines, and each one is supposed to have a 100 hour storage capacity..

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »

We had a delightful time at the graduation picnic for DS Rob's friend and DH Richard's former student Andrew.  He will be leaving at the end of the summer for a year of teaching English in Singapore.

The weather here in SW Ohio is absolute perfection for outdoor events and it's supposed to be this way until late Monday  8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

DR George - I just meant: if you have two machines, and each one is supposed to have a 100 hour storage capacity.

Umm...I knew that. ;)

The EP setting (lowest quality) can be set to make your burned DVDs have either six or eight hours.  That's a setting in the set-up.  When you change the record setting (XP to SP to LP, etc.), it shows how many hours are left on the hard drive and I think the 8-hour setting actually gives you over 100 hours.  I don't remember exactly how much, but I'm sure that it's more than 100. :)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:38:33 PM by George »

George

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »

Well, my work at work is done!  I'm going to leave HHW for the day and meet up with TCB.  We'll then go to Issaquah to meet with Fred and Skip again (hopefully) and see The Last Starfighter reading!! ;D

Have a good day, all!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:42:58 PM by George »

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

DRs George & TCB - have fun seeing The Last Starfighter tonight!  Please give our best to DR FJL and Skip!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »

DR Jeanne-Have you watched any of the shows where they stage the houses to sell?  Admittedly most of those homes can be fixed with a good amount of common sense, such as CLEAN THE KITTY LITTER! ;D

When we sold our last home we were asked a number of times by other realtors if the house had been professionally staged.  We were very flattered since it was us (mostly Keith) that did the staging.  During showings we loaded the car with the cats, kitty litter and the dog.  The dog loved it, the cats weren’t very happy.
My point, I speak from experience.   Bryan did a great job staging his loft following the suggestions of his realtor & his experiences with all our moves.  A good realtor should offer suggestions, and “tarting” up the house shouldn’t be one of them.  The key is to simplify.  The counters should practically be bare.  The contents of closets, cabinets, etc should be loosely filled.  The furniture arranged in a pleasing manor which makes the rooms look open and large.  Possibly some furniture should be stored to accomplish this.  Window treatments should be open so light filters in.  
Somehow I have a feeling you don’t need much additional work to accomplish this without a professional or with simply a consultation.

GOOD LUCK!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

Well, you might want to check it out because they have a major kiss in the film.

I am not even sure I could sit through LONGTIME COMPANION again.  It tore me apart the last time I watched it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

I will not be attending the reading of THE LAST STARFIGHTER.  All these medications for the MRSA have made me sick to my stomach and very dizzy.  I just can't believe that I have to miss this performance!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:02:36 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

Back from all sorts of things.  First off, the news is not good re the power shortage in the den - it won't now be fixed until Tuesday, and he won't allow the breaker to be turned on, because he can actually hear it shorting and sparking.  It's a huge thing to do - to figure out where in the line it's happening - and he may end up having to re-wire the entire line to the den.  It's going to take most of Tuesday, he says.  So, watching motion pictures this weekend is out, unless I want to sit on my bed like so much fish, and I just get no joy out of doing that or watching on a small screen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »

At the urging of many, I became a Costco member today.  I learned one thing immediately:  Never go there on a Saturday.  It was a madhouse and one fellow told me that it was a LIGHT Saturday.  He suggested always coming mid-week around four in the afternoon, which is what I'll do.  I was rather amazed by the enormity of the jernt.  I bought three HUGE squeeze bottles of ketchup for nine bucks - I know that saves a lot of dough from what you'd pay for much smaller bottles for a regular supermarket.  I bought two 32-can packs of Diet Coke for 8.85 each, plus whatever that recycling fee they add on - it's really not THAT big of a savings, maybe three or four bucks tops.  I bought some Reese's snack bars - that was the bargain of the day - under five bucks for a carton of forty-two bars.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »

Welcome eleven GUESTS.  Why don't each and every one of you get off your collective ASSES and post?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »

Or should that be collective ASS.  Do we have a number agreement problem here?

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »

DR TCB - I'm so sorry you're missing the show tonight!  We'll keep you company if you feel like staying on the computer for a while.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »

Being sick to your stomach and dizzy is a prerequisite for seeing The Last Starfighter :)

Only kidding.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »

Make that twelve GUESTS.  Now we have one MORE ASS for someone to get off of.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »

Make that fourteen GUESTS.  Get off your ASS and post, damn it all.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

I have been at the theater this afternoon. We saw "The Wedding Singer."
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2008, 05:40:11 PM »

In an early scene Russell is talking about his football trading cards saying he had just gotten a Jim Brown card and Kimble says, "But you don't have a Johnny Unitas. You can't have a good collection without Johnny Unitas." I wonder how many people watching this sets will remember those names from football yesteryear. They were both superstars in their day. Do people still remember them?

I know both of those names and I don't even keep track of football, past or present.

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »

bk, so sorry to hear about your electrical troubles.  But at least it sounds like it will now ultimately be fixed for good.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

Watching It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.  Which I have never seen before.

I think it's safe to say that most films I have never seen before.

I'm Amish.   ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up