Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A ZOMBIE IN NEED OF A HICKY  (Read 33252 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A ZOMBIE IN NEED OF A HICKY
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2004, 04:49:21 PM »

My back is killing me.  What I ever did to my back to make it want to commit such mayhem I have no idea.  This is what happens when you slave over a hot laptop all the livelong day.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2004, 04:51:17 PM »

Bruce, that's for sure.  I really get it in the left shoulder.

Danise

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2004, 05:11:36 PM »

Evening all!

Ben I posted at about 6:30 AM before I went to work.  I don’t know why it shows 3:37 AM.  I’m on EST as well.

Thanks also about the words about hitting a plateau.  I expected it.  Since I don’t have that much to lose (30 pounds total) I rather thought I would have hit it before now.

First kiss?  I seem to remember it being in grade school.  I don’t even remember his name.  We were walking home from school and his friend asks him, “Well, are you gonna do it?”  Next thing I knew I had a sloppy kiss on my cheek.  I was so shocked I didn’t do anything, while he and his friend ran, laughing down the road.  Boys are weird.  

I didn't have any other kind of kiss until years later, after high shool, so I was both an early and a late bloomer.

I like the hair style, Emily.  I just hope your happy with it when it’s done.  It’s one thing to choose something, it’s another to have it thrust on you.

I had a really nice day today.  It started out with getting the first post.  The when I went to work, I found 3 valentines on my desk.  2 bags of candy (which I didn’t touch–I swear I brought them home and gave them to my mother) and a mylar (not a rubber) balloon in the shape of a heart!  Everyone got one from one of the bosses.  Wasn’t that a very nice way to start the day?  

Tomorrow everyone has got to wear red of some kind.  I’m going to wear a red shirt.

I would also like to tell everyone that my boss hasn’t forgotten about my reclass.  She spoke to me about it the other day and we have started putting the paperwork to together.  That is VERY good news and will go a long way towards my dream of getting a different house.  

I also meant to comment the other day about “Faith of the Heart” someone here (forgive my failing memory but I don’t remember who) being all I, I, I.  Well a point I wanted to make was that this was when we first went to space.  It was years later that the Federation was formed and the Us, Us, Us started.  We were not to the point of wanted to work with other races just yet.  Hope that makes sense.  

I think the song works for the feel of the show and I love the words.  Very uplifting.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2004, 06:00:57 PM »

My back is killing me.  What I ever did to my back to make it want to commit such mayhem I have no idea.  This is what happens when you slave over a hot laptop all the livelong day.  

Yoga, sweet boy, yoga. And chocolate. And lots of stretching. And something chocolate. And some loving friend to rub yer shoulders and pound yer spine with a rubber mallet... and something chocolate. (Can you tell I've been depriving myself???)
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2004, 06:02:40 PM »

I'm depraved on account of I'm deprived.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2004, 06:07:49 PM »

Good evening.

Well, just wanted to say, "Good Evening".  For now.

Good afternoon.  Good class - although some of those "kids" need to "Just Do It!".  And a good dinner.

And now some TV time.

See you later...

Oh, DR Matthew... Congratulations!  Now you can act out part of Sunday In the Park With George... "Everybody loves, Eric.."... Well... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2004, 07:10:44 PM »

I would also like to tell everyone that my boss hasn’t forgotten about my reclass.  She spoke to me about it the other day and we have started putting the paperwork to together.  That is VERY good news and will go a long way towards my dream of getting a different house.  

GREAT NEWS!  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Good vibes on obtaining your dream home.[/move]

Jane

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

I'm tired-so shutting the computer off.
Good night.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2004, 07:23:39 PM »

It's going to be an early night for me, too. Have made tentative plans for tomorrow evening to see a production of CHAPTER TWO, but I can't go if I don't feel better, so I'm hoping a longer night's sleep will do it.

I saw Richard Valley's comments at The DVD Place, and made my own comments. Never did I think those Holmes DVDs would see the light of day in such beautiful, remastered transfers. And with the release of the two Fox/Holmes period pieces, the set will be complete. Sometimes, life is VERY good.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2004, 07:47:45 PM »

I'm depraved on account of I'm deprived.

Close, but those near and dear to you have reported that you are deprived on account of yourre depraved.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2004, 07:49:44 PM »

Oh, to eat or not to eat, that is the question.  I had tacos without the shells for luncheon, followed by some peanuts without the shells for snackcheon.  Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger or...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2004, 07:51:46 PM »

Did you write that poem. DerBurcer?

Don't I wish! I'm just old, not talented; however I have strange and wonderful friends who send these kind of things to me regularly.

der Brucer (the world's finest article clipper)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2004, 07:58:11 PM »

... feeble, yes :)

In a word, yes! But them what would this board be with a plethora of feebilites!

der Brucer FHD (Doctor of Feeble Humor)

I can hear it now - someone will hit on "humor", then "feeble"will become "femur", and we'll end with a rousing chorus of "Dry Bones".)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2004, 07:59:53 PM »

Oh, to eat or not to eat, that is the question.
Eat.
BTW - Tonight at 11 on the Ch 4 news there is going to be a special report on Low Carb foods. They've tested them to see what's real and what isn't.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2004, 08:13:13 PM »

Here's a real shocker!

Barbie and Ken: It's Over
Thursday, February 12, 2004
By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

NEW YORK — One of America's most famous couples is calling it quits. Are you sitting down?

After 43 years together, Barbie and Ken — as in the dolls — have decided that breaking up is hard to do, but do it they must.

Since they're dolls — and famous — Barbie and Ken had no direct comment about their split at the International Toy Fair , where the bombshell was dropped. The news predictably came from their spokespeople during a press conference Thursday.

"This is an announcement we thought we’d never make," said Barbie’s publicist, Ken Sunshine (. "I will confirm that Ken and Barbie are going to go their separate ways."

Read the lurid details here!

der bearer of sad tidings Brucer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »

DR Kerry will be accompanying DR Sandra and me to Palm Springs this weekend. Maybe we'll see DR Jay there.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2004, 09:27:32 PM »

I just got back from seeing CAN-CAN at Encores!  There were really great performances from Patti Lupone, Charlotte D'Amboise, and Reg Rogers, someone I've never seen before.  Michael Nouri was charming and so was Eli Wallach.  For me, a lot of the fun was hearing a fine band play the interesting scene change music.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »

I wanna go to Palm Springs too this weekend!!!

But since I can't...

DR Noel - Hope your showcase/recital/presentation went well.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2004, 10:28:20 PM »

What a cast for Can-Can!

Speaking of which, I can can work no longer tonight. 'Night, all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2004, 10:39:19 PM »

I don't usually watch DVDs again and again and again but I have (appropriately) watched "The Triplets Of Belville" three times in three days. I have wanted to share it with friends. And I thought I was someone who would never do anything thrice.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2004, 10:44:24 PM »

Nearly the end of the day and I have refrained from discussing the topic of the day. I do remember the where and the when and most definitely the who. And I have no regrets.  My teenage years were very enjoyable and life was a lot safer in the 1960's.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2004, 10:47:27 PM »

Jane I'm so glad you enjoyed the CD!  I'm flattered that you found it prasieworthy at all :)

After a long night of rehearsals, I think it's bedtime...g'night all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:50 PM »

Just watched another of those funky Seijun Suzuki movies.  I really like his films.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2004, 10:56:08 PM »

Topic of the day:  I really don't remember who gave me my first (non-familial) kiss.  My first regular kissing was my ex-boyfriend...it's been about four years since we met and about a half a year since we broke up (the long distance thing just didn't work for us).  We're still friends, though, so when we do get together.... ;)  (I know, I know...TMI!)

I've only ever kissed girls (shudder...but please, take no offense esteemed women of HHW!) when I was on stage in shows.  I played Lord Brockhurst in The Boy Friend and had to kiss Dulcie.  I also played Hero in A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum and had to kiss Phylia.  They were great friends, so that made it a lot easier.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2004, 11:18:21 PM »

Oh yeah, first kiss stories.  To be totally honest, the first actual kiss I had was technically during a game of spin the bottle.  Ugh...we don't talk about that.  The next one was my first boyfriend, who was a terrible kisser.  But the first kiss that I, to quote Jed "felt down to my toes," was my only real long term boyfriend.  Sitting on his couch, watching Empire Strikes Back, which, to this day, I have never really seen the ending of... ;)  It was a great kiss...matter of fact, he gave me a lot of great kisses...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2004, 11:49:29 PM »

Must be sleepy time down South.  I, myself, am quite sleepy and shall go to bed as soon as I post the new notes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up