Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A CERTAIN SORT OF LETHARGY  (Read 24038 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:A CERTAIN SORT OF LETHARGY
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »

Today is my sister's birthday.  As is her habit, she will be off work and out of town on the big day.

A Very Happy Birthday to TCB's Sister!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »

Re:

Small Claims:
 at least in Oregon (and most other states, as I think Cillaliz should confirm), there's no minimum to small claims, just a maximum.

Rona Barrett:  Ms. Barrett appears in a Season 1 episode of Mannix as.....Rona Barrett.

The Fugitive's missing music:  The full of himself reviewer I mentioned here a few weeks ago is actually the one receiving the brunt of everyone's rage at MattH's "home", HTF.  Color me highly amused.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »

Oh... Yeah... What DR JMK said about small claims court.  ;)

In any case...

I sense that most of the people who read "the other boards" already know that Colony is not the most "upright" business.  -$29.99 for a SINGLE - not even an import - CD New Release?!?!?!?  Since most of the people - at least from personal observation - who frequent the store are not from NYC - I really don't think think you're going to make any sort of dent in their business - or reputation.

Yes, a personal online campaign will help you blow off some steam, but, frankly, I don't think it's going to help you get your money any slower or faster.  If anything, it could open you - and Kritzerland - up for some ridicule.  "Why is he making such a fuss for less than $200?"

I know that dealing with delinquent payers and payments is a pain in the butt - trust me, I know - but it's also part of doing and running a business.   Even when I worked as a music buyer for a music store, I heard many a tale about Colony from my sales reps.  You just got to keep keep after them with mailings, faxes and phone calls.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »

Re unpaid bills: when I was being questioned for jury duty, one question was whether I had ever done work and not been paid for it. I said yes, that I had worked as a court reporter and there were several lawyers in town who owed me money. The sheepish looks on their faces (as well as the judge's) were priceless.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »

The court reporter nodded and smiled. She knew what I was talking about.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »

DR DearReaderLaura - :D  -Don't you love when that happens?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »

DR George, i am very jealous about Shrek the musical and you getting to see Brian D'Arcy James.  You'll have to tell us all about it!

I'm curious have you seen any of the movies to be able to compare?

I think the only one i saw was shrek 2 (with my sister's niece and nephew). ANd i actually really like it!

I'm curious if this musical follows any of the movies stories.

I've only seen the first two movies, but I'm sure that the musical is only based on the first movie.

George

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

I vaguely remember watching Rona Barrett on TV, but I think I liked her.  I’ve always enjoyed reading/watching Michael Musto...the few times that I've read/watched him. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

For the late/middle of June, it's been a surprisingly pleasant day outside. Not nearly as hot or humid as the past two weeks, and I'm sitting in my office with the window open and a floor fan circulating air. Amazing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

And the TV box sets just keep on comin': in today's UPS shipment: WALKER, TEXAS RANGER - Season 5, CANNON - Season 1, Volume 1, JAKE AND THE FATMAN - Season 1, Volume 1.

This on top, of course, of the two I presently have in-hand.

All I can say is that I'm going to be watching a lot of old TV shows and not many movies in the next couple of weeks.

(And I know the Blu-ray of GANGS OF NEW YORK is due within the next week. Comes out on July 1.)

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

While I cooked and ate lunch today, I watched two episodes of MURDER SHE WROTE from the season 8 box that I got yesterday from DD.

In the first, Jessica has taken a job teaching criminology at Manhattan University, and on her first day in her new NYC apartment, the former tenant of her apartment is murdered in the parking garage. Surprising murderer though I remembered who it was from having seen and loved the episode almost 20 years ago when it first aired. Euene Roche was the primary guest star along with William Windom and Julie Adams from the regular recurring Cabot Cove cast.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »

In the second episode, the college professor whom Jessica replaced teaching a particular criminology class challenges her to a "duel" of solving a series of campus assaults. Roxie Roker was the guest star I was the most familiar with.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »

Then I began THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO. In the first episode Michael Constantine played the father of a kid shot by Michael Douglas for leaving the scene of a robbery and firing at him. John Kerr and a young Gregory Sierra were also guest stars.

These shows are not mysteries but rather crime dramas with the criminals pretty much revealed from the beginning as the cops work their way toward the solution.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:23:09 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »

I only got halfway throuogh the second episode, but it guest stars Martin Sheen as a bank robber/killer who uses his charm to hoodwink women to help him case out places to be robbed.

I'll finish it when I got back downstairs.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »

I did skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. No Luke and not in the previews for tomorrow either.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »

If anything, it could open you - and Kritzerland - up for some ridicule.  

...and a lawsuit!. "Truth" of a libel published with intent to harm a business' reputation is an imperfect defense. (And "truth" of the conTent of phone calls is tough to establish.)

Being "right" is sometimes not enough - having the wherewithall to pay the lawyers is also required - as I am sure bk can attest!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:59:21 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »

Guess I'll write for a little bit and then head back down to continue with THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO. This is a three disc set, and I fully intend to finish up with disc 1 tonight. (Two more episodes to go after I finish the Martin Sheen episode I'm currently in the middle of.)

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »

In other words, one should grin and bear it and eat the dough?  Not me, baby, not me.  I'm thinking that if elmore is in a foul mood one day and will add Colony to his list of visits, maybe he can get something done.  Certainly, if I'm in NY in the next month or two, I will go in there and be very obnoxious and I'll welcome the police being called.  Meanwhile, I suppose I'll e-mail them an invoice every day, send a few hard copies (although that costs me yet more money), and keep up the calls.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »

At some point, hopefully it will be easier to pay me than have to endure the barrage they're about to get.  As to taking the story public - let them bring it on.  I'm sure I'm not the only one they're doing this to - and you know what - they're not going to do anything anyway.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »

And of course NO MORE CD's from KRITZERLAND.....it might be more exciting if all of the NYC HHW'ers go in the week of each new release and ask for a copy....which of course, Colony will not be able to stock.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

In other words, one should grin and bear it and eat the dough?  Not me, baby, not me.  I'm thinking that if elmore is in a foul mood one day and will add Colony to his list of visits, maybe he can get something done.  Certainly, if I'm in NY in the next month or two, I will go in there and be very obnoxious and I'll welcome the police being called.  Meanwhile, I suppose I'll e-mail them an invoice every day, send a few hard copies (although that costs me yet more money), and keep up the calls.

Not me. I have my own invoice problems to deal with!

Surely Colony buys other Kritzerland releases and will want to order from you again at some point? There's nothing like placing an order to inspire the books being balanced.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:13:23 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

And of course NO MORE CD's from KRITZERLAND.....it might be more exciting if all of the NYC HHW'ers go in the week of each new release and ask for a copy....which of course, Colony will not be able to stock.

That I would do.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »

Tonight is our first run through of the entire show for ALL MY SONS - and of course we will be missing two persons.

I am not even sure that a THIRD person will be in attendance, time alone will tell.

It's a very good play - probably my favorite Miller play - with THE CRUCIBLE a close second.....and of the ten people in my cast - at least seven are doing a fine job.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »

Off the the thea-tuh!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »

LONDON —  It's known as the home of 'The Whopper' and Burger King is hoping its latest product really lives up to its reputation. The fast-food giant launched a $200 burger Wednesday — all in the name of charity.

Setting a new record, the world's most expensive burger is available at just one restaurant in West London, England, once a week — but it will eventually be available to order via a hotline.

The fine ingredients of what is called simply 'The Burger' include Wagyu beef, white truffles, Pata Negra ham slices, Cristal onion straws, Modena balsamic vinegar, lambs lettuce, pink Himalayan rock salt, organic white wine and shallot infused mayonnaise in an Iranian saffron and white truffle dusted bun.

Can the Mikey D "Beluga Burger" be far behind?

der Brucer
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:29:34 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »

Tonight is our first run through of the entire show for ALL MY SONS - and of course we will be missing two persons.

To be on the safe side you mIght advertize : ALL MY SON(S)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I finally started getting ready to head out down to Florida this weekend: I just started a load of laundry.  However, before I put my clothes in the machine, I headed out for a nice four-mile walk around the 'hood.  I walked down to 110th, then across Morningside Park, then back up Morningside/Amsterdam/Convent to the apartment.  A truly gorgeous day, and a very nice walk.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2008, 02:36:31 PM »

I thought that you had determined not to send out any unpaid-for copies to record stores, having been burned by Dress Circle.

Certainly you can call the NYC Better Business Bureaau and file a complaint.  It may give you nothing more than satisfaction, but you can do it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up