Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: ODE TO A TREE  (Read 49581 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:ODE TO A TREE
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 02:01:33 AM »

Maybe Laura should inspect those Passion Vinces more carefully:

Tibetan nomad Lhamotsa, who goes by one name, earns a living gathering caterpillar fungus. The gathering season is short, about 40 days, but during that time she can earn $1,000 a week. The fungus is prized in traditional medicine and is said to boost energy and the immune system, and sexual function.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »

Good morning DR SpringBoard.

Good evening, DR Tomovoz!!!  I don't know about a springboard [although I loved watching the Olympic diving trials on television last weekend!!!], but at times I do feel like I've been shot out of a canon! :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 02:01:42 AM »

What a pity we had to wait so long for "Smile" DR Edi. It would have been another classic from the period.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 02:03:05 AM »

ah! Speedo time!  At least still in the Diving.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 02:03:40 AM »

And a very happy HHW welcome to newest DR AJameson, and soon we shall also welcome his wife!!  :D

You sound like a great guy; glad to have you among [amongst?] us!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »

Tomovoz, do you have the NME album "Sgt. Pepper Knew My Father", with covers of the songs by different British bands?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - I'm pretty sure we have On Demand from Cablevision; I'll have to check it out.

Tomovoz

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 02:05:12 AM »

I thought Sherlock had made a faux pas.
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 02:05:47 AM »

***EXTRA-STRENGH POSITIVE VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR Ginny's doctor visit today!![/size][/color]

Edisaurus

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 02:06:09 AM »

What a pity we had to wait so long for "Smile" DR Edi. It would have been another classic from the period.

But at least now we have it.

Have you seen the SMiLE documentary? The guy who made it looks like he will be the one taking over our Johnny Mercer film, so I can't be too sad about it. I got to meet him when I was in LA.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 02:06:18 AM »

DR Tomovoz -   OY!   ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 02:06:50 AM »

I have On Demand but didn't know you could just buy one show from a premium channel if you weren't a subscriber.

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:19 AM »

DR Vixmom - You are an inspiration!!!   You are looking great, and I'm sure feeling great, too.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:48 AM »

I am having trouble understanding DD Sherlock's exact problem.  Is DR Jane saying that a foxtail spiky plant is embedded inside his paw?     :-\

FOXTAIL DANGERS

When dog owners talk about "foxtails," they are actually speaking of the seed portion of the foxtail grass. Once foxtail grasses dry out, the seed detaches easily and sticks readily to clothing and fur. Foxtail seeds can enter a dog's body in a variety of ways and once they enter, they are like a fish hook: The seed only wants to move forward, not backward. It's most common for a foxtail seed to enter a dog's body through the skin, nose, ears, paws, and eyes. Cases have even been reported of foxtails being lodged in male dogs' urethras. One vet mentioned how a foxtail seed found in a dog's lung was believed to have entered initially through the dog's paw! Foxtail seeds are tenacious!

Foxtail seeds are relatively small, so detecting them once they enter a dog's body can be difficult. Vets usually rely on telltale symptoms. Foxtail seeds in the ears, nose, and eyes are very serious and can ultimately be life-threatening if they are not treated promptly.

If a foxtail seed has been inhaled and lodged in the nasal cavity, the dog will sneeze repeatedly and violently, often banging their nose on the floor with each sneeze in a futile attempt to dislodge the seed. It is often possible to sedate the animal, locate the seed with an otoscope, and remove it using special forceps.

If a foxtail seed is lodged in the paw or under the coat, a lump will usually form that is painful to touch. Depending on how deep the foxtail seed has travelled, they can usually be surgically removed.

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:53 AM »

I don't know it DR Edi.
I loath The Bee Gees/Peter Frampton  album and I gave up on watching "Across The Universe". It makes "High School musical" look like a gem!
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 02:08:14 AM »

So much news here at HHW last night...

CONGRATULATIONS and FELICITATIONS to DR JulieC40 on the new job....  that is FANTASTIC!  :D

Edisaurus

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 02:09:10 AM »

I don't remember if I mentioned it our not, but when I was in the kitchen last week getting ready for work. I saw a red fox in our yard. The birds were raising hell and screaming at him. I wonder if he'd found a nest?

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »

Wow.  Thanks, DR dB.   I had no idea.   About the foxtail seeds, I mean.  
There's plenty of other stuff I have no idea about too, but you already knew that.   :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »

Yes I saw the Smile DVD before purchasing the CD.

I really enjoyed it.

I'll certainly purchase the Mercer "story" when it is available.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 02:11:23 AM »

I don't know it DR Edi.
I loath The Bee Gees/Peter Frampton  album and I gave up on watching "Across The Universe". It makes "High School musical" look like a gem!

A friend of mine who I respect for his knowledge of music loved it, but everyone else I know gave it thumbs down. I'd like to see it, anyway...

The Sgt. Pepper cover, which is a rap version, I quite like!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »

but at times I do feel like I've been shot out of a canon! :)

We'll just call you Mr. Puffed Rice!

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 02:13:07 AM »

I think that I'll now walk the dog-
Or I shall turn into a frog.

Edisaurus

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 02:13:44 AM »

I wish I would be able to continue on the Mercer story, but they want a bigger fish to produce it, and he has his own editor, so...

Even if he didn't, I don't think I could relocate to CA for that long. But the foundation hasn't completely settled on this producer yet, so we shall see. I think he'd do a great job!

Edisaurus

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:43 AM »

Well, I may go back to bed and get my last 2.5 hours sleep!

Morningol!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »

There's plenty of other stuff I have no idea about too, but you already knew that.   :)

You would be such a pleasure to "educate" ;D

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 02:16:34 AM »

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed bk's forensic literary analysis this morning.   ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 02:18:57 AM »

I was discussing a Fox yesterday!
One was an important character in a Clive Barker novel.

Clive Barker is so good.  IMHO his work makes Stephen King look like a writer of Grade School stories. Barker is an amazing writer. "Literate" in a way that is not present in most writers of the genre. (OK I've not read that many) Of course he does have an interesting take on horror with its eroticism elements.

A pity Mr Barker's writing does not work as film! "Hell Raiser" was so bad! (and Mr Barker directed - which may have been the problem!).

James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 02:20:36 AM »

Enjoy your Friday DRs.
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 03:07:43 AM »

DR elmore3003, have you seen THIS?

Only £150.00!!!

singdaw

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 03:11:35 AM »

Golly gee, since we're just so darned close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up