Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RECURRING THEME  (Read 27640 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE RECURRING THEME
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

In other news, power has been restored to my neighbor---and her house. And a kind neighbor re-hung the siding planks that were ripped down by the falling electrcial cable.

The woman across the street had her power line hit but only the neutral was disconnected, so everything in her fridge is probably OK. She was out of town, so I called her to left her know what happened and see if she needed any immediate help. She came home tonight and siad she had power but no A/C. And she was quite shocked to see her front yard covered by tree parts.

The neighbor next to her had a big branch come through her roof and bathroom ceiling.

Since our house is surrounded by old, big trees, we were VERY lucky!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »

PAGE EIGHT DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »

Love those thrift shop finds, DR MBarnum. I never find anything that cool, and usually only last about 10 minutes before my dust allergies get the best of me!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2008, 08:45:36 PM »

Time to hit the hay.

Nytol!

George

« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

My other find brings back such memories of my childhood...Bosco and I were taking our walk today and passed a garage sale over on Center St. Amongs many interesting items was this nifty transistor radio in excellent condition (just a bit of dirt I need to clean off the front). Only $4. Can't decide if it is to go on Ebay or to keep...I just love it! And it works still!

Did any DRs have one of these?

We didn't have that model, but we did have something similar...it was a white plastic radio with the vertical columns (for lack of a better word) but I don't remember if it had the silver tone panel at the top or if it was all white.  I think I had that in my bedroom for several years. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

Since TORCHWOOD is starting here again on friday, i have a question about DOCTOR WHO.  They are repeating season 3 here (i believe you guys just finished season 4).

I was just curious if these shows can easily be viewed on their own, out of order.  

Most of the episodes are self-contained, but they sometimes do overlap.  If they do, you can still watch the individual episodes, but you probably won't miss what you don't know.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »

Time for me to get some sleep. Night

George

« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2008, 08:49:57 PM »

%#* *@&^!!!!

Or, in more civilized language - YEE-OUCH!

I just dropped a candle on my foot - yes, the foot that was operated on.  Was it a birthday candle?  NO!  Was it a thin taper?  NO!  It was a brand new pillar candle, about 2" in diameter and about 8" tall.  Hurt like $%##!

But, it seems to be OK now and I'm just glad I didn't do something that stupid a couple of weeks ago.

~~~Continued Foot Vibes for DR Ginny!!~~~

George

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »

My best find at a thrift store, as I think I may have mentioned before, was last year finding 3 unopened 1960s Aurora movie monster model kits, still in their plastic wrapping around the boxes. Just 99 cents each!!! They were amongst the Halloween items at Value Village thrift store...sold them all on ebay which paid for my trip to Los Angeles and my wide screen tv!

I don't expect I will ever find bargains like that again...but who knows!

Don't you LOVE it when that happens??  A co-worker of mine found a genuine Tiffany vase at Goodwill several years ago for only $12!  It was appraised around $1200 and she sold it for over $800!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2008, 09:00:46 PM »

Well... The dishwasher is already on the dry cycle, and the larger bowls and pots and pans are sitting in the dish-drying rack.  And I'm having some ice cream.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »

I was gone from home about 2 1/2 hours tonight. More about that at some future date (if there is anything to talk about).

Do the aliens who abducted you have to approve what you're going to post?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

MattH - Hope whatever you took that time for turns out OK for you.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

Do the aliens who abducted you have to approve what you're going to post?

;)

You don't know how close to the truth you are!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2008, 09:14:40 PM »

MattH - Hope whatever you took that time for turns out OK for you.

Thank you, DR FJL. It was purely a lark, and I don't expect anything much to come of it. But I appreciate the good wishes.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »

And now I'm heading down to bed.

Good night!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:12 PM »

%#* *@&^!!!!

Or, in more civilized language - YEE-OUCH!

I just dropped a candle on my foot - yes, the foot that was operated on.  Was it a birthday candle?  NO!  Was it a thin taper?  NO!  It was a brand new pillar candle, about 2" in diameter and about 8" tall.  Hurt like $%##!

But, it seems to be OK now and I'm just glad I didn't do something that stupid a couple of weeks ago.

See - you have learned something from your homeless denizens - more expressive vocabulary!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »

I know one thing that Cilla can do tomorrow :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »

Finished watching Back To The Future III.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »

I finished my evening watching tonight's LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. A good case with spoiled prep school students that just made my skin crawl. John Shea was a primary guest star.

Guesting also was Jefferson Mays (Tony - I Am My Own Wife).

der Brucer

George

« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

Yesterday, my sister, her boyfriend and I went to see "Mamma Mia!"  I thought that it was very good.  The fact that most of the adults were too old for the roles didn't bother me...and I didn't have a problem with Pierce Brosnan's "singing" voice.  I'm going to see it again because I bought "Knocked Up" at Costco (it was very inexpensive) and it came with a code to be able to get a free ticket for "Mamma Mia!"  I didn't use it yesterday because my sister paid for my ticket because her boyfriend and I were supposed to put up a ceiling fan on her second floor, which we didn't do, yet.  It just got a little too complicated.  I think we'll be able to finish it...I think.  If not, my parents hired a guy they know to put up their ceiling fan.  My sister could hire him to finish what we started.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2008, 10:06:37 PM »

My other find brings back such memories of my childhood...Bosco and I were taking our walk today and passed a garage sale over on Center St. Amongs many interesting items was this nifty transistor radio in excellent condition (just a bit of dirt I need to clean off the front). Only $4. Can't decide if it is to go on Ebay or to keep...I just love it! And it works still!

Did any DRs have one of these?

They weren't invented 'til after I left college!

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »

Back from the final performances of the "Bus Stop" Revue.  Things went pretty well tonight, no lighting mishaps anyway, though quite a few fluffed lyrics.  For some reason the entire cast had a group simultaneous cerebral hemmorhage and completely blew the Finale Reprise so badly we did it twice.  Even the second time wasn't too great.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »

Today, I watched the last six episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" (wow...is that show possibly making some changes!) and Friday's season finale episode of "Doctor Who."  I also burned a DVD of "DW" for Vixmom. :) After that, I watched a documentary (and burned a DVD of) "Djangomania!," about...guess what...Django Reinhardt!  It was on the Sundance Channel, but originally from Canada.  

George

« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »

Also in the burned-to-a-DVD list:  Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope" and (I don't know why) "Ricky Martin: Unplugged."  He's very nice to look at, but I've never been specifically interested in his music (although, I've always liked what I heard).  I think I was more interested in the "unplugged" idea of the show but he really is a good performer...and nice to look at. ;)

George

« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »

Then I burned a DVD of "June Moon" (with Jack Cassidy and Stephen Sondheim, himself!) from the videotape that I bought (I bought it new a few years ago, so it's in great shape).  And finally I burned a DVD of my VHS copy (taped from TV in 1993) of Romance/Romance.  The video and audio quality isn't great, but definitely good enough for me. :)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:27:43 PM by George »

George

« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »

And finally...I still need to make chapter breaks for the Sally Ann Howes version of A Little Night Music, but that'll have to wait.  I don't want to stay up late tonight.  My parents are getting new flooring in their front living room on Wednesday, but they want to get all the furniture out of the room and pull up all the carpet tomorrow.  We're all going over there and I need to be there between 4:00 and 4:30 pm (or so).  I usually work until 7:00 pm (or so) and I don't have a lot of vacation, so I need to get to bed VERY EARLY tonight so that I can get up VERY EARLY tomorrow to get in all my time at work so that I can leave in time to be at my parents' house to help.

George

« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

Since I won't be around for the changing of the day and the new topic (Initials Game Day), let me say good night now.

"Good night, now." ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up