Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LET ME COUNT THE WAYS  (Read 33462 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:LET ME COUNT THE WAYS
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »

Hmm...

So, since I picked yesterday's (first set of) of Initials, who wants to pick today's Topic of the Day?

*Of course, we could do what we did ages ago, and post our posts in the voice of our very own bk.  That was fun!  -Of course, I'm not exactly sure how'd you go about searching the archive for that since "What is it, fish?" will come up every day.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 06:52:45 AM »

Or one of us could go ahead and call bk now at home...

DR DearReaderLaura - You're in the same time zone as bk, so... How about it?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 06:55:45 AM »

And don't we all?  ;D

("No, I'M Fanny Brice!" - dammit, is there nobody out there who remembers Eighty-Eights and the Karen Miller singalongs?)

I semi-remember that, those, her...  I actually just came across a business card for Eight-Eights - the silver and red one.  Awww...

*Do you remember the guy who would run sound and lights upstairs on a semi-regular basis?  For some reason I can't remember his name right now, and we actually used to stay in touch quite regularly until he "transferred" to somewhere in the Caribbean working for some resort.

*And I think we've discussed this before too, Elan, but do you remember Perry Payne (Esleck)?
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 06:56:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: AESTIVAL!
Hot dogs, potato salad, cole slaw, burgers of every sort... the foods at any AESTIVAL celebration are sure to make everyone SALIVATE!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »

Maybe a little luncheon snack will help bk's day:

der Brucer
With BK's diet, this will last him at least a month!

Only, the bun is sure to get stale in that much time.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »

Today, my iTunes has ejected, with several efforts. two CDs, so perhaps if I cool the downloading and burning of discs, I will be okay for a while. I'm happy that it worked today because I had to burn a disc for Donna Lynne Champlin and I didn't want to put it off.

I have to go to the post office.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 07:03:21 AM »

Wow, I'm here. I had such tsuris getting here. I was locked out since last night. Jose sent me a new link and I'm finally in. Now I have to send the links to my home computer. I don't know how my bookmarks changed although the ever smart Jose mentioned something about the archives changing and since he supplied the link that got me here today I'll believe him.

Before that I tried 3 computers and 3 browsers and nothing got me past the first page of BKs notes. I still can't get to the second page of the notes with the TOD but I'm here and I've re-bookmarked using the new links so I guess I'll stay!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 07:04:13 AM »

Quote from: DERBRUCER on Today at 02:32:32am
Only someone who wants to be Cinderella!

Fight you for the dress!
You've never seen der B in a dress.  I have!

Actually, the dress was quite lovely.  It's the make-up that was off - way too heavy, and the wrong colors for him.

::)

;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »

Or one of us could go ahead and call bk now at home...

DR DearReaderLaura - You're in the same time zone as bk, so... How about it?  ;)

Uh, no. I don't believe he gets up quite this early.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »

Good morning!

Another cool night and cool morning, so I have fresh air to breathe, and I love it. But my luck can't last much longer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 07:19:53 AM »

No, I couldn't get to page 2 either. Glad I wasn't the only one having problems, but this will not make a great start to bk's day, I can tell you that!

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:15 AM »

You've never seen der B in a dress.

How do you know for sure?     ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »

I should have enough time to finish LBJ this afternoon and start on NIXON.

One of the fabulous things about these documentaries is that not only am I finding out about the men and their families, but it's also an amazing historical compendium as well. American History of the 20th Century in one 35 hour box set!

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 07:23:17 AM »

I will watch MAD MEN while I eat lunch, but otherwise must give the rest of the day over to this box set. I'm not sure I'll even be done by Thursday.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 07:25:09 AM »

Olympics on TV tonight.

I'm not interested at all in the NCIS rerun tonight. It is from this season, but it's a ridiculous Abby-centered episode as she puts her job on the line to save an innocent dog. Abby is by far my least favorite character on the show, so any episode that gives Pauley Perrette more than the usual screen time is not one I ever enjoy.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 07:25:42 AM »

I semi-remember that, those, her...  I actually just came across a business card for Eight-Eights - the silver and red one.  Awww...

*Do you remember the guy who would run sound and lights upstairs on a semi-regular basis?  For some reason I can't remember his name right now, and we actually used to stay in touch quite regularly until he "transferred" to somewhere in the Caribbean working for some resort.

*And I think we've discussed this before too, Elan, but do you remember Perry Payne (Esleck)?

If you still have that card and are willing to part with it, please let me know. Eighty-Eights was a home away from home, and I hold Karen & Co. fully responsible for my marriage to The Lovely Wife[tm] and the ensuing results at left...

Are you thinking of Matt Berman? There were a few lighting people working the area, but I believe he was the regular in-house guy.

We did go through this back in the day. I remember Perry more from Rose's Turn than 88s, and last I knew she was selling real estate up in my neck of the woods (the idea that Washington Heights is now unaffordable just blows my mind, but that's another story)

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 07:26:15 AM »

That huge hamburger did make me awfully hungry!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 07:27:38 AM »

I don't know how many of you have been following the Lynn Johnston's comic, For Better or For Worse, but there's been an interesting kink in the Wedding of Elizabeth and Anthony storyline in the last few days.

Elizabeth had decided to rush in the wedding preparations, because she wanted her grandfather Jim to be able to witness the wedding.  Only now, on the day of the wedding (which has been going on for the last few weeks), Grampa Jim has had another heart attack.

Here's a link to today's strip: For Better or For Worse.

Phil has already phoned Liz's mom, Elly, so she too knows what's going on with their dad on this "wonderful" day.

Just a little soap opera, I guess.

So, let's take our own spin on this, as long as we can't find what BK's TOD is:

Have you ever withheld news of something, or has someone withheld news from you, so as to "not spoil" a special occasion or relationship?

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 07:29:12 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  The best thing about all the computer weirdness this morning was the lovely email exchange I had with DR Ben.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 07:29:16 AM »

Quote from: S. Woody White on Today at 07:04:13am
You've never seen der B in a dress.

How do you know for sure?     ;)
We made very certain that all the pics were destroyed.   ::)

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »

Wow, I'm here. I had such tsuris getting here. I was locked out since last night. Jose sent me a new link and I'm finally in. Now I have to send the links to my home computer. I don't know how my bookmarks changed although the ever smart Jose mentioned something about the archives changing and since he supplied the link that got me here today I'll believe him.

Before that I tried 3 computers and 3 browsers and nothing got me past the first page of BKs notes. I still can't get to the second page of the notes with the TOD but I'm here and I've re-bookmarked using the new links so I guess I'll stay!

I couldn't get on to the site at all last night. I tried 2 different computers, 2 different browsers and my Blackberry.  I had this link, but it wouldn't work either.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO JHVW!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »

JHVW was going to stop by HHW last night, don't know if he did because I couldn't get on.  If he couldn't get on either I imagine he'll stop by today.  We had a long talk last night, sounds like everything is going very well for him right now :)

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 07:32:56 AM »

Have you ever withheld news of something, or has someone withheld news from you, so as to "not spoil" a special occasion or relationship?

Yes, DR SWW, in the summer of 2004 my mother didn't tell me that her brother in Phoenix had died until after we'd been to freshman orientation at the University of Cincinnati with our DS Rob.  Her reasoning was that she didn't want to spoil that experience for us.  However, I also think she waited until it was too late for me to encourage that we go out there together for the funeral.  It was about to begin when she finally told me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »

Also, DR SWW, I've had the feeling all along that something was going to happen to Grandpa around the time of the FBoFW wedding.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:43 AM »

And why, oh why, are we in widescreen?

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »

Speaking of aestivals, here you can see td in a dress:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/scarlettohara.jpg
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 07:41:57 AM »

And why, oh why, are we in widescreen?

Not in widescreen - not even VistaVision - here.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »

why, oh why

But you haven't left Ohio!      8)

singdaw

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:46 AM »

Not in widescreen - not even VistaVision - here.

Ditto!     :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up