Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY THIRD WIND  (Read 29717 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY THIRD WIND
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »

Very well, I shall.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »

If you want to see the difference between what an IB Technicolor print of How The West Was Won looks like vis a vis the new Ultimate Edition standard DVD, go here:

http://cineramahistory.com/htwwwdvd.htm

The top image is from an IB print.  Then scroll down to the image from the DVD - doesn't exactly replicate the look, does it?

And in the Cinerama Adventure documentary, the clips from Search For Paradise are the closest I've ever seen to replicating the look of IB Tech on video.  Unfortunately, whoever is doing these transfers for Warners does not understand this at all.  Oh, well.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2008, 11:48:42 PM »

And I just loved watching this brother and sister play "jump sari".  ;)

sweet....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »

bk, the clarity between the two prints is stunning. THe colors are crisp.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2008, 11:57:39 PM »

the IB print is very impressive... I am saddened by how washed out the DVD is and I was tempted to buy it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up