Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T SPEAK TO ME OF COMMAS  (Read 36568 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DON'T SPEAK TO ME OF COMMAS
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:06:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had commas, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently speaking to me of cowmas.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:25:48 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:DON'T SPEAK TO ME OF COMMAS
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:09:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: RHADAMANTHINE!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »

Welcome twelve GUESTS.  Why don't you all get off your collective ASSES and post something.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

Make that fourteen ASSES - uh, GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:31:28 AM »

I don't mean that the fourteen GUESTS are ASSES, just that they should get their fourteen collective ASSES in here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:36:54 AM »

Make that eighteen GUESTS.  Surely one of you can get your ASS in here.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:37:17 AM »

You watch your phraseology.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 12:41:26 AM »

You watch your phraseology.

Too late.

;)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:43:23 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 12:44:10 AM »

I just realized that I made a mistake in my previous post because of the darned cat, so I had to fix it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »

I'm sitting here at my computer, (here's a comma!) and my cat has snuggled herself onto my left arm.  Fortunately, I can hold her with only one arm and type with the hand attached to my other arm...slowly, but I can do it. :)

George

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »

So, I'm off to bed.  Good night any and all guests.

singdaw

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR Cillaliz!!![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:12:59 AM »

Great pictures last night, DR JoseSPiano - thanks for sharing!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 02:14:08 AM »

TOD:  

My name is David, and I'm a HHW addict.

:P

singdaw

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 05:18:25 AM »

So the cabaret benefit that I participated in last year is coming up.  Last year I sang a Nelson Eddy/Jeannette MacDonald medley.  [The theme was "songs from the movies."]

This year, the theme is "Sondheim."  Yesterday, a mezzo [whom I adore] asked me if I'd like to perform "Move On" from Sunday with her.  I didn't even have to think for a second before I said yes!

singdaw

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:20:47 AM »

Netiquette question:

Is it considered rude to send a Facebook friend request without any note or comment included?  Does it make a difference how well you know the person, or how well they know you?  Or how long it's been since you last communicated with them?  

Just curious what DRs think...

singdaw

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:42:48 AM »

THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:25 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm pondering my day, but I suspect that after my walk, I will be back to Victor Herbert for some time, either BABES IN TOYLAND or LADY OF THE SLIPPER.  I have one last set of notes to write on THE LADY and I have libretto proofs to do for BABES.  The Moross score is a huge one so that's still on my desk as well.

DR Kerry, I worked on the BABES IN ARMS recordng you asked about; it was for New World Records.  I think the booklet credits me as an editor.

I've been hanging around HHW since early 2004; in September or October 2003 I was helping Liz Callaway with her concert library and I asked her if she'd heard from Bruce. She told me he had a site, which I didn't know, and I looked it up and sent him an email; we'd pretty much lost touch with each other after Brent Barrett's Lerner recording, which I'd turned down because of schedules.  BK sent me an email back asking if I'd do an interview for HHW and I agreed. Et voila!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 06:21:47 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  As I walked to the staff entrance here at the library, a peregrine falcon swooped across the parking lot and perched in one of the nearby trees.  I watched him for a couple of minutes until he flew low across the park behind our building.  What a magnificent sight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »

TOD - In early October of 2004, when I was in NYC for a work conference, DR Elmore told me about this site.  I lurked for a while, until DR JRand posted a picture and asked who knew the woman's identity.  Knowing the answer, I registered, ID'd Nancy Dickerson, and the rest is history.

The funniest thing is that during that NYC visit, DR Elmore kept telling me about his friend Jane who was also in town.  I thought she was someone he'd known in college or professionally for a long time, but it turns out that it was our very own DR Jane.  She and I didn't actually meet, face-to-face, until a year later.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 06:48:28 AM »

TOD:

In late February of 2007 I saw a post from bk over on All That Chat inviting all and sundried to the Fabulous Oscar Bash over here at HHW.  I came here and lurked for about a week, then decided to register and join in - which I did on 1-March-07, and never looked back!  :)

I met DR JoseSPiano shortly thereafter, as he was working up here in Connecticut at the time.  And it turned out that I owned practically all of the CDs bk had produced over the years, and I had enjoyed his column over at Sondheim.com - without knowing that it was bk.  I have since met many more DRs, online and in person, and thank my lucky stars for finding this lovely little corner of the Internets.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

FJL

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »

I started doing the HHW trivia question for quite a while so really knew about the daily notes for a while before discovering the fun of the postings.  Then, one day, BK mentioned that something related to the trivia question that week was corrected in the postings, so I investigated the postings, and I've been hooked ever since (a Strouse-and-Adams Applause reference).  Contrary to what some have mentioned over the years, my joining HHW had nothing to do with the timing of the Last Starfighter cast album being on Kritzerland, just when I found that clues to the trivia might be in these posts which I had never really been aware of previously
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:53:07 AM by FJL »

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 07:01:24 AM »

Because I so enjoyed B.D. Wong's writing on the Herringbone blog that DR FJL kindly linked us to, I sought out and am really enjoying the following:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:29 AM »

I do not understand the shipping thoughts of Amazon.com at all; UPS just brought me the second season of UGLY BETTY, but i usually get packages from the US Postal service.

I've worked on some notes, taken my meds, and now I'm off for a walk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:14 AM »

Watching and listening to the Reading of the Names right now...

It still hurts for everyone.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 07:20:31 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes, when I turned on the TV a little while ago, well...

Always Remember. Never Forget.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »

I just realized that I made a mistake in my previous post because of the darned cat, so I had to fix it.

Neutered or spayed?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »

Netiquette question:

Is it considered rude to send a Facebook friend request without any note or comment included?  Does it make a difference how well you know the person, or how well they know you?  Or how long it's been since you last communicated with them?  

Just curious what DRs think...

I recently sent a "friend request" to composer (extraordinare) John Morris.  Usually, such folks' Facebook pages are "fan pages", but his was a personal page.  I pondered the same question and asked myself what in blazes he'd make of my request.

I told him I'd been a fan of his work for three decades and would be honored to be included in his Facebook family.  

That was all.  Less than 12 hours later I'd been added to his group of friends.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:44:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 07:46:32 AM »

Good morning!

We're supposed to have rain all day today (we certainly got some last night), and it's gray out right now and rather bleak looking. The high today is supposed to be 77, so that means I won't turn the A/C on at all today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 07:47:28 AM »

On TV tonight:

BURN NOTICE!!!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up