Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: POACHED EGGS  (Read 32167 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:POACHED EGGS
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »

DR elmore - Alas, no Hair.  However, I may have reserved seats for Sunday night's closing performance, so... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:59 AM »

So.......

Is anybody else watching "The View" right now?

And I quote:

"Us white folk will take care of you."
-Barbara Walters

WOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*And the look on Whoopi's face after that comment... WHOA!
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:27 AM »

I found LA RONDE incredibly sad underneath, almost sour

Try listening to "Hello Again" sometime.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »

CD:  The Perfect Storm (OST) and re-recording of El Cid
DVD:  oy--the Berkeley set, the Torchwood set, just finished Will & Grace 8, also have Robotech Blu-Ray to get to sometime.  Thankfully one box of stuff is delayed, so I have a weekend's respite before the next onslaught begins.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

Sorry about posting that three times. According to my Blackberry, it didn't post. But it worked. - got my car drove straight to the hotel and my room was ready!  Now I'm about to eat at Sala Thai and then will go back to my room and do my homework

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2008, 09:07:22 AM »

Sorry about posting that three times. According to my Blackberry, it didn't post. But it worked. - got my car drove straight to the hotel and my room was ready!  Now I'm about to eat at Sala Thai and then will go back to my room and do my homework

Hmm... Sala Thai!  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »

DVD watching this weekend will include:

LEATHERHEADS
FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL
THE ANDERSON TAPES
$

Have a good one.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

Apparently, Meltz and Ernest have competition - there's a new off-B'way show called What's That Smell? The Songs of Jacob Sterling.  Everyone is acting like this is a brilliant new concept, like no one has ever come up with fictional bad songwriters.  Not only Meltz and Ernest, but their precursors in the One From Column A days, Gluckman and Fitz, and long before that, off-B'way's Mooney Shapiro Songbook, and a couple of others I can't remember.  I wonder if this show would exist had we made the Meltz and Ernest film way back when, if the producers hadn't crapped out because they were so gung-ho about putting all their money into a great new musical (it's also why they crapped out on Nudie Musical) - the great new musical?  Bklyn.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:36:37 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2008, 09:37:45 AM »

Very gray outside.  I think I'll wait till ten-thirty to jog, just on the off-chance it will clear up.

singdaw

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »

If it's on the warmish side, wouldn't you want to finish your jog before it burns off?

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

Today, a work colleague gave me a bite of her octopus salad, which I had never tried.

It was very tasty!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »

If it's on the warmish side, wouldn't you want to finish your jog before it burns off?

I enjoy a little sunshine when running.  It's been cooler here even when the sun has been shining.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »

Welcome thirteen GUESTS.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2008, 09:51:26 AM »

DR Cilla, so glad Boo wanted back in the house.  Have a great trip!

In honor of your trip to Bethesda, today I’m doing one of the major tests they routinely did during my visits to the NIH.  I figured it was about time I did it & I’m sure everything will be fine.

I thought of you as I drove by NIH.  I thought  "Hmm I think this is where DR Jane used to go"  Ok, I didn't think "DR" but the rest of it is true

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »

DR Cillaliz - did you wave as you flew over Ohio?

I hope you have a great time in Bethesda and get an "A" on you homework!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

Time to do homework and maybe take a nap.  It's gray and cloudy here today.  It may rain. I decided not to hassle with going into DC.  I would like to see the WWII memorial, but I should have time to do that on Sunday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »

DR Cillaliz - did you wave as you flew over Ohio?

I hope you have a great time in Bethesda and get an "A" on you homework!

LOL, thanks.  We aren't graded, but the mock hearings we do are critiqued and recorded so we can take them home and watch them.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2008, 10:01:40 AM »

I was looking for Ohio....but all I saw were clouds and listened to the lady next to me snore.  I really hope her kids got to the airport to meet her.  She asked me if I would walk her to the baggage claim, so I did and we got our bags, but I didn't wait with her. She was really quite nice. She retired 12 years ago and is coming to DC for the first time in her life to spend a week with her kids who are coming from around the country.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »

OK, time for homework....laters

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »

HOW ABOUT SOME EGGS BENEDICT?

My Personal Favorite.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »

Today, a work colleague gave me a bite of her octopus salad, which I had never tried.

It was very tasty!   :)

Hmm... Octopus!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »

Time to do homework and maybe take a nap.  It's gray and cloudy here today.  It may rain. I decided not to hassle with going into DC.  I would like to see the WWII memorial, but I should have time to do that on Sunday.

And you can take the Metro right to Mall to get to the WWII Memorial.  -Unless you really want to deal with parking in DC.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:02 AM »

Apparently, Meltz and Ernest have competition - there's a new off-B'way show called What's That Smell? The Songs of Jacob Sterling.  Everyone is acting like this is a brilliant new concept, like no one has ever come up with fictional bad songwriters.  Not only Meltz and Ernest, but their precursors in the One From Column A days, Gluckman and Fitz, and long before that, off-B'way's Mooney Shapiro Songbook, and a couple of others I can't remember.  I wonder if this show would exist had we made the Meltz and Ernest film way back when, if the producers hadn't crapped out because they were so gung-ho about putting all their money into a great new musical (it's also why they crapped out on Nudie Musical) - the great new musical?  Bklyn.

Hmm...  I've been reading some of the press releases - I love David Pittu! - and reading some of the reactions so far, and I think you're reading too much into everything.

I don't think the producers and creative team are claiming that their premise is at all original.  It's a riff on a riff.

*And as for BKLYN, well...  Just be glad you don't have to play and listen to some of those songs during auditions.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »

In other news...

My iPhone is now updated, and my last load of laundry is in the dryer.  Oh!  And I've even made a run to the grocery store for orange juice, cereal and dusting cloths.  -Sounds like I'm in for a fun afternoon! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »

And I thought you weren't reading the boards anymore?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »

And I thought you weren't reading the boards anymore?

I didn't read it on a board - I was told about it.  And you are right, the producers and creative team aren't claiming it's original - they're not claiming anything :)  It's the people talking about it who are acting as if it's a brilliant new idea.  My point, of course, is that everything old is new again.  I wasn't the first, Mooney Shapiro wasn't the first - in fact, I'm really trying to remember what was the first - I have this memory of something in the early 60s that maybe Dom de Luise and Barbara Streisand were in?  Am I crazy?  Wait - Harry Stoones?  Does that ring any bells?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »

I thought of you as I drove by NIH.  I thought  "Hmm I think this is where DR Jane used to go"  Ok, I didn't think "DR" but the rest of it is true

;D  If I were going there today the test would be free.  All the extra money would be spent having fun.

There is an Original House of Pancakes in Bethesda, which unfortunately was never open when I could go.  Maybe that was a good thing I could go eat a million calories.  

There is a nice Indian restaurant in the downtown area.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »

And you can take the Metro right to Mall to get to the WWII Memorial.  -Unless you really want to deal with parking in DC.  ;)

I did that.  It was a nice trip.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 10:34:50 AM »

I didn't read it on a board - I was told about it.  And you are right, the producers and creative team aren't claiming it's original - they're not claiming anything :)  It's the people talking about it who are acting as if it's a brilliant new idea.  My point, of course, is that everything old is new again.  I wasn't the first, Mooney Shapiro wasn't the first - in fact, I'm really trying to remember what was the first - I have this memory of something in the early 60s that maybe Dom de Luise and Barbara Streisand were in?  Am I crazy?  Wait - Harry Stoones?  Does that ring any bells?

You mean this?:

Another Evening With Harry Stoones
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »

Hmm...

I wonder if Wing has ever covered this tune...

Penny McLean - "Lady Bump"

*I think I have a new favorite song refrain. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up