Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHEARING TOUCH  (Read 36273 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHEARING TOUCH
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »

No One Is Alone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

All that and page eleven, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »

Listening to my final Shearing CD of the day and evening, the divoon The Shearing Piano, a dessert island disc if ever there was one.  It's pure magic from the first note to the last - his It Might As Well Be Spring is amazing, but so is every other track.  In Spring, he manages to capture everything about Spring - it's like a three-act play.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:49:33 PM by bk »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »

Well it is nearly 1 in the AM here on the East Coast and my alarm is set for 6 AM

I refuse to be termed a Wussburger for going beddybyes....

Good night Bruce!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

I'm still full - it's amazing that I can still be full but full I am.  

MBarnum

« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

I watched three episodes of THE NAME'S THE SAME. Brian Aherne was the guest host for all three while the regular host is doing something else.

The name of one of the contestants was A. Daddy. It was so hilarious to watch the panel figure out this person's name.

John Payne was a guest on another episode. What a wonderful looking guy he was!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »

Are those the Mary Poppins penguins??

They certainly looks like them.  The link is not to an official Disney website.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

Happy for Kathy Griffin with her TWO Emmys!   :)

Yay for Kathy!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »

I'm watching (or trying to) a movie called End Of The Spear - my friend and former classmate at LACC co-wrote and co-produced it.  It's a Christian movie, and I went to the imdb where there are about twelve pages (more than most classic films) of ten-star reviews written by - wait for it - Christians.  In fact, the only negative reviews (and they are few) are by disgruntled Christians who didn't like this or that, but especially didn't like that Chad Allen, who they say is an acknowledged HOMOSEXUAL, plays the lead, a non-HOMOSEXUAL.  Apparently Christians do not believe in fairies.

I believe in fairies.  I have to...I know so many!! :D

George

« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2008, 10:55:04 PM »

So, BK...what did you think of Chad Allen's performance?  Did he act "gay" to you?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:57:21 PM by George »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:42 PM »

IKE caused no damage to any refinery and there is no gas shortage and it's all a bunch of hoo-ha -

You know not of what you speak! IKE didn't have to "damage" the refineries - they were all closed down as a protective measure - and with the power outage problems in Houston, there will be a delay in getting them restarted; so - we already have a gasoline shortage in the pipeline! And some of the Gulf Oil wells were damaged, so there may well be a dip in crude supplies as well.

You should bone up on your facts if you're going to make "sound bites" declarations.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »

I remember well the gas "shortage" of the 1970s - only guess what - some years later it came to light that there was no shortage at all - none.  Nada.  Squat.

Wrong again! There were many local shortages brought about by hoarding - I remember many times there were stations with empty tanks - if you need gas and they have none to sell, there is a shortage! That there may be gas in the next county means nothing. An where, pray tell, is all your "it came to light" documentation - in a box on the grassy knowl?

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

Wrong again! There were many local shortages brought about by hoarding - I remember many times there were stations with empty tanks - if you need gas and they have none to sell, there is a shortage! That there may be gas in the next county means nothing. An where, pray tell, is all your "it came to light" documentation - in a box on the grassy knowl?

der Brucer

Um, no.  And no.  No.  You can believe what you will, as you always do - you believe what they want you to believe - I believe the facts.  And that's what makes horse racing.  And what, pray tell, is illegal hoarding?  Does that not manufacture the shortage?  Methinks it does.  You can find the facts as easily as I did.  The truth is out there.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:51:53 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2008, 11:48:42 PM »

You know not of what you speak! IKE didn't have to "damage" the refineries - they were all closed down as a protective measure - and with the power outage problems in Houston, there will be a delay in getting them restarted; so - we already have a gasoline shortage in the pipeline! And some of the Gulf Oil wells were damaged, so there may well be a dip in crude supplies as well.

You should bone up on your facts if you're going to make "sound bites" declarations.

der Brucer

There's one big diff here - you believe everything the oil companies want you to believe, and I don't.  I have boned up on my facts and I've been told no damage to any oil refineries, hence any "shortage" and gas price rises will be the result of the oil industry taking advantage of this disaster - in other words, what else is new?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »

So, BK...what did you think of Chad Allen's performance?  Did he act "gay" to you?

I didn't watch enough to see the major part of his performance (he plays both father in flashbacks, and son in present day) - but I remember when we had Chad Allen on Totally Hidden Video in a really funny bit.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2008, 11:59:50 PM »

There's one big diff here - you believe everything the oil companies want you to believe, and I don't.  I have boned up on my facts and I've been told no damage to any oil refineries, hence any "shortage" and gas price rises will be the result of the oil industry taking advantage of this disaster - in other words, what else is new?

Lets try one more time!

You don't need "damage" to a refinery to cause a shortage - you just need to shut it down - which they did! Closing a refinery in the event of a natural disater is not "taking advantage", it is prudence.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »

Let's try one more time!

There is no shortage and if gas companies raise prices it is not prudence it is taking advantage and it's something the oil companies have a long history of doing.  If you choose to not believe that, then I hope you were happy paying $4.75 and up at the pump earlier this year, and I hope you'll be happy paying it again.  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up