Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MELLOW YELLOW II  (Read 43660 times)

MBarnum

Re:MELLOW YELLOW II
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »

Not to get too political, but evidently McCain has never mentioned injuries as being the reason he does not know the computer.  His only reason so far is that he is "neanderthal"

"The McCain campaign itself did not take issue with the Obama ad, and spokesmen for the Arizona senator did not return calls seeking comment.

McCain, who has referred to himself as a computer "illiterate," has never cited his war injuries as the reason why he doesn't use e-mail or never learned other computer skills.

For example, when asked by Politico.com earlier this year what type of computer he uses, McCain responded: "I am an illiterate that has to rely on my wife for all the assistance that I can get." In other interviews, he has said he never saw the need to use e-mail because of his staff support.

Earlier, in a March 2006 interview with Fortune magazine, McCain said his work style didn't require computer usage. But he did not cite his injuries.

"I read my e-mails, but I don't write any," McCain said. "I'm a Neanderthal - I don't even type. I do have rudimentary capabilities to call up some websites, like the New York Times online, that sort of stuff. No laptop. No PalmPilot. I prefer my schedule on notecards, which I keep in my jacket pocket."

The new Obama ad, part of a more aggressive strategy that began Friday to portray McCain as representing old ideas, says of the GOP candidate: "He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail, still doesn't understand the economy, and favors two hundred billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class," it says.
"

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »

I got a postcard from DR tomovoz today; he and Colin liked MARGUERITE, which closed asfter they caught it. That's all I know.

I just got the CD a couple of days ago.  I haven't had time to listen to it yet.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »

PS: I have nothing against McCain or Obama. I actually rather like them both.

Their choices for VP...not so much.

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »

Well, time to get ready for CHICAGO. Laters

Kerry

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2008, 04:28:26 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

And here I am, going through Fat-Man Pass. I am pleased to report that I did not get stuck.

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A FAT MAN!
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »

Not to get too political, but evidently McCain has never mentioned injuries as being the reason he does not know the computer.  His only reason so far is that he is "neanderthal"

"The McCain campaign itself did not take issue with the Obama ad, and spokesmen for the Arizona senator did not return calls seeking comment.

McCain, who has referred to himself as a computer "illiterate," has never cited his war injuries as the reason why he doesn't use e-mail or never learned other computer skills.

For example, when asked by Politico.com earlier this year what type of computer he uses, McCain responded: "I am an illiterate that has to rely on my wife for all the assistance that I can get." In other interviews, he has said he never saw the need to use e-mail because of his staff support.

Earlier, in a March 2006 interview with Fortune magazine, McCain said his work style didn't require computer usage. But he did not cite his injuries.

"I read my e-mails, but I don't write any," McCain said. "I'm a Neanderthal - I don't even type. I do have rudimentary capabilities to call up some websites, like the New York Times online, that sort of stuff. No laptop. No PalmPilot. I prefer my schedule on notecards, which I keep in my jacket pocket."

The new Obama ad, part of a more aggressive strategy that began Friday to portray McCain as representing old ideas, says of the GOP candidate: "He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail, still doesn't understand the economy, and favors two hundred billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class," it says.
"

Well, it isn't like he would want to say he physically can't, but whatever.  At least we know he won't be causing any car or train accidents as he texts and drives at the same time.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »

a) where in tarnation IS everyone?

b) we're STILL on page six?

c) how can it be four-thirty already?

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »

I wonder if DR MBarnum knows about this website:
http://www.interval.in/index.php
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »

Then, I started on WILL & GRACE. I got 9 episodes watched. I should be able to get at least that many done tonight as well. The season opener had some laughs, and a couple of others were fun (the Christmas episode with Will's gay nephew is delightful, and Grace and Leo hooking up on a plane while Will flirts with two gay flight attendants who he finds out are a couple had some laughs).

But I'm livid that Lionsgate used the 1.33:1 standard version of the show when W&G's final season was filmed in HD and those 1.78:1 HD masters were available to make the show look wider and much sharper than these nonanamorphic 4:3 episodes.

BTW, they used the East Coast version of the first live episode. (Thanks to DR George who sent me the West Coast version and now I know which is which).

And my niece thanks you for the East Coast version!  

(It was you, who sent it to me...wasn't it??)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »

Where HAS this day gone?  Last I knew it was noon.  I've been doing stuff non-stop, including a stop at the Studio City Cafe to finally satisfy my egg craving - I had eggs benedict and fruit - excellent.  I also had a little side salad for my greens.  Then I picked up a package that had the new three CD set of Shaft from Film Score Monthly - it's brilliant.  So much better than the "official" and not real soundtrack CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »

I've been working mightily on prepping the LACCTAA newsletter - a lot of work.  Plus now trying to cast our act one finale for the Bacharach show - don't tell anyone (a haineshisway.com secret), but it's Turkey Lurkey Time, with the original Bennett choreography and a cast of eighteen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2008, 04:35:17 PM »

You know how much I love casting long distance, but Adam Cates, who'll be recreating the choreography is sending me pics and resumes - I'm trying to get a dancer with McKechnie's sort of star power - they are very few these days.  Any suggestions welcomed.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

The Merrill Lunch Special:  An Aig-salad sandwich and tea with sliced lehman

FJL

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »

Or perhaps a poached aig

FJL

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

And this is the one time I can say this - here's my post #12345

George

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »

You know how much I love casting long distance, but Adam Cates, who'll be recreating the choreography is sending me pics and resumes - I'm trying to get a dancer with McKechnie's sort of star power - they are very few these days.  Any suggestions welcomed.

What about Donna McKechnie, herself?? :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »

The Merrill Lunch Special:  An Aig-salad sandwich and tea with sliced lehman

And Uncle Sam will pick up the tab...

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »

Cool beans post 12345 to FJL

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »

Well, it isn't like he would want to say he physically can't,

That is what I was thinking.

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

I wonder if DR MBarnum knows about this website:
http://www.interval.in/index.php

I did not know of this site...but now I do! Wow, lots of stuff there! I just now watched the news reports of the bomb blasts in Delhi that are showing therein. Frightening.

And watched a few trailors for upcoming movies!

George

« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

My favorite flop musical is probably OVER HERE! though it did at least have a season's run. Lots of shows I loved lost money like SHE LOVES ME and FOLLIES, but those aren't the kinds of flops we're talking about, are they?

I can't think of a quick flop that I actually saw.

I saw Swinging On a Star in 1995.  I checked IBDB and it only had 96 regular performances.  I guess that would qualify as a flop. :-\ Even so, I LOVED the show! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »

I've been working mightily on prepping the LACCTAA newsletter - a lot of work.  Plus now trying to cast our act one finale for the Bacharach show - don't tell anyone (a haineshisway.com secret), but it's Turkey Lurkey Time, with the original Bennett choreography and a cast of eighteen.

Actually, most of the cast of the movie "Camp" is based out of NYC right now... And since they performed it in the movie...  You could also build in a cast reunion of sorts too.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »

So has anyone seen the Obama ad where he says McCain is out of touch in part because he doesn't use the computer.  Turns out McCain can't use a keyboard much because of the injuries he sustained while being tortured.  Sounds like McCain isn't the one who isn't up on things. What a stupid error.

P'raps, but he's got a better running mate.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »

And Uncle Sam will pick up the tab...

Funny, but I expect you know it is a bridge loan.

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

Callie was very skittish when I came home.  She was hiding and running at meal time and really didn't want me to give her her medication. I'm going to have to talk to my cat sitter. She's finally calming down and we're getting back to normal, but I'm wondering how she's giving the meds.  Callie had been sick so that may be part of it.   Luckily I'm not going anywhere for awhile so  we should be back to normal around here soon

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »

Funny, but I expect you know it is a bridge loan.

Is that a bridge to nowhere loan?  ;)   Yes I know but I was trying to fit in with the lunch.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

I've been to Artie's with my friend Chris, whom I never see often enough. He played drums for the NYMF production of THE TRAGIC & HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN and he always makes me laugh.  Now I will chill.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »

P'raps, but he's got a better running mate.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue about it. Biden is a very nice man. I've met him a couple times.  I personally prefer Palin. I don't agree on all the issues with her, but she's the first candidate I can say I really relate to. From what I've read she doesn't legislate her personal opinions any more than Biden does.

The scary thing for me is for the first time no matter which ticket wins I'll be older than either the President (Obama) or the Vice President (Palin).   I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:59:00 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:41 PM »

Is that a bridge to nowhere loan?  ;)   Yes I know but I was trying to fit in with the lunch.  

;D  That is what I figured.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »

Poor Callie, I hope she feels better quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up