Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: STRANGLING A ZEBU IN MAJORCA  (Read 36750 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:STRANGLING A ZEBU IN MAJORCA
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »

[size=12]Page Five![/size]
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2008, 12:48:33 PM »

Thank you, DRs Der Brucer and TCB!  I have been out and about and was comped into the 1:00 performance of LOVE JERRY, which was a filled house, and I think the show played even better this afternoon. It's a very powerful show and the performances are excellent.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2008, 12:50:02 PM »

Just to keep the record straight, I did not send Elmore testing supplies!

Glad the chocolates made it there, though, and hopefully not melted, or soggy from the ice pack!

I haven't opened the Godivas for fear I'll binge, but the packaging is quite beautiful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »

I haven't opened the Godivas for fear I'll binge, but the packaging is quite beautiful.

Don't eat the packaging.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »

I don't know nothing 'bout no Zebus.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »

Wow!  You get diagnosed with diabetes and someone sends you Godiva chocolates?     :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »

Nice to run errands around noon and not feel sweaty or at all uncomfortable. I can't wait for it to truly be fall. But this will do just fine!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

When I started eating lunch, I pulled up my DVR list, and I was very surprised to find that I had recorded the new Fox comedy DO NOT DISTURB on Wednesday night. Not sure why, but I watched it and know THAT will never happen again. Not a laugh in sight even with a wonderful line-up of actors: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Niecy Nash, Jerry O'Connell. Just awful.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »

Then I watched last night's SUPERNATURAL. Excellent episode with lots of fun in the offing for the remainder of the season. Many things yet to be revealed.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon watching the last 2 1/2 hours of THE GODFATHER Part II. Superb film, amazing in its construction and  the placement of the past and "present" segments. I also tuned in a fair amount of the time to the audio commentary. It is the same one that was on the 2001 DVD releases, and though there's a lot of starting and stopping, there's some interesting information imparted.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »

In the commentary Coppola mentioned that the next film he was going to work on (and this would have been in 2001), he was going to have two main characters. One who began as pure evil and gained redemption and one who began good and turned evil.

Did he ever make this film?

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »

I concluded my afternoon of viewing with today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Zip and zip.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »

And that's not an Elaine Stritch reference.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »

I love THE MARRYING KIND. Both actors are superb (Aldo's first movie; Cukor worked very closely with him to get what he wanted. Aldo admitted many years later that he did let Cukor "get intimate with him" and that he had no regrets about it.)

THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC is my favorite Holliday film.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »

OK, going to write for a bit and then head back down for the evening's entertainment.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »

TOD:

CD players:  
Teri Ralston's new solo album [her "medley" of her "hits" from Company and A Little Night Music is hysterical!]

Met her!  She was appearing in Triumph of Love at the International City Theater in Long Beach, back in the days when der B was on the board of directors of said group.  Very nice lady.  And I thought she played the older woman better than Betty Buckley, who der B and I had seen in the same show on Broadway.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I'm posting from my very own computer in our very own house with our very own power!  Richard says it came back on early this afternoon, which makes is almost 5 full days that we were without it.  Seemed like an eternity.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »

Happiest of birthdays, dear DR Elmore!!!  Sorry I couldn't even send you an e-card today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

Please be consistent: ...where the jeans I've been whering...

der Brucer

I haven't a clew as to WHAT you're talking about. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »

Today is a dreaded "pep rally."   :(   We are being forced to attend a company lunch with raffle prizes.  We get bonus tickets if we wear the company colors [blue & white].

Go, team!     :P
You could wear a Greek flag as a toga!   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2008, 02:36:19 PM »

What a day this has turned into.  I've been dealing with this really annoying situation that has reared its ugly head - it has to do with the benefit we did last November.  We needed to have credit card machines for the silent auction - so Cason found a company and we did a deal to have them.  I was asked for my bank account number because that's how the proceeds would get to my account.  Before I gave it, I asked repeatedly if there was any chance at any point they'd be debiting the account for any reason and I was reassured no, because that's what Cason was told.  He signed the contract, which I didn't see at all.  I'm sure nothing was very clear in that contract, but I haven't seen it, but will be later today.

So, I get a letter from the company asking us to return the machines.  The letter doesn't even say WHAT machines or have an account number or anything.  So I called the number on the letter and found out it was this credit card company.  Turns out they've been debiting my account $30 every month since January.  They had a problem doing the debit in July because, wait for it, there was over $150 less in the account than I thought, and I only keep enough in that part of the account to cover checks I write, and I don't allow anyone to debit anything from that account.  So, the reprocesses July this month plus an extra fifteen buck charge for the reprocessing.  By this time I'm seething as you might imagine.  Then they tell me the account has been closed.  I ask when was it closed.  A week ago.  I get off the phone.  Today I called my bank and found out the extent of all these debits and I put a stop payment on any further debits from this company.  I then call the company back just to reiterate they will never debit again - again I'm told the account is closed but is now in "collections."  I have them switch me to collections.  Turns out that according to whatever Cason signed, if they close our account (or I presume we do) before whatever term he signed on for they charge $295.00.  I would obviously not agreed to any of this had I known any of this.  I told them there was no way we'd be paying that.  The snotty woman said, "Would you like me to note that on your account."  I said, "In big bold letters."  I got off the phone.  Part two coming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon watching the last 2 1/2 hours of THE GODFATHER Part II. Superb film, amazing in its construction and  the placement of the past and "present" segments. I also tuned in a fair amount of the time to the audio commentary. It is the same one that was on the 2001 DVD....

Why would there be audio commentary from the movie "2001" on the DVD for "The Godfather Part II"??

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I'm posting from my very own computer in our very own house with our very own power!  Richard says it came back on early this afternoon, which makes is almost 5 full days that we were without it.  Seemed like an eternity.

Great news, Ginny!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »

Happiest of birthdays, dear DR Elmore!!!  Sorry I couldn't even send you an e-card today.

Thank you, DR Ginny! The best gift I got was knowing that you and your family have your electricity back at home. And I go some mighty nice gifts, to boot!

George

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »

There's a good possibility that I'll be working on a new book soon. Would really like to do it. That's all I can say right now.

Gotta scoot.

~~~Successful Book Working On Vibes for DR Jeanne!!~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I ended up being done at 4:00, so that gave me a little bit of time to head back home before heading back down to meet up with our very own birthday, boy, DR elmore, for tonight's theatrical excursion.

And, yes, it was another wonderful day of auditions all around.

*And, on a very personal note, it was soooo nice to have my "possibilities encouraged", rather than having my "deficiencies acknowledged".  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

I love THE MARRYING KIND. Both actors are superb (Aldo's first movie; Cukor worked very closely with him to get what he wanted. Aldo admitted many years later that he did let Cukor "get intimate with him" and that he had no regrets about it.)

That's nice to know. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »

What a day this has turned into.  I've been dealing with this really annoying situation that has reared its ugly head - it has to do with the benefit we did last November.  We needed to have credit card machines for the silent auction - so Cason found a company and we did a deal to have them.  I was asked for my bank account number because that's how the proceeds would get to my account.  Before I gave it, I asked repeatedly if there was any chance at any point they'd be debiting the account for any reason and I was reassured no, because that's what Cason was told.  He signed the contract, which I didn't see at all.  I'm sure nothing was very clear in that contract, but I haven't seen it, but will be later today.

So, I get a letter from the company asking us to return the machines.  The letter doesn't even say WHAT machines or have an account number or anything.  So I called the number on the letter and found out it was this credit card company.  Turns out they've been debiting my account $30 every month since January.  They had a problem doing the debit in July because, wait for it, there was over $150 less in the account than I thought, and I only keep enough in that part of the account to cover checks I write, and I don't allow anyone to debit anything from that account.  So, the reprocesses July this month plus an extra fifteen buck charge for the reprocessing.  By this time I'm seething as you might imagine.  Then they tell me the account has been closed.  I ask when was it closed.  A week ago.  I get off the phone.  Today I called my bank and found out the extent of all these debits and I put a stop payment on any further debits from this company.  I then call the company back just to reiterate they will never debit again - again I'm told the account is closed but is now in "collections."  I have them switch me to collections.  Turns out that according to whatever Cason signed, if they close our account (or I presume we do) before whatever term he signed on for they charge $295.00.  I would obviously not agreed to any of this had I known any of this.  I told them there was no way we'd be paying that.  The snotty woman said, "Would you like me to note that on your account."  I said, "In big bold letters."  I got off the phone.  Part two coming.

That's a nightmare! Didn't you notice a strange $30 deduction every month?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:57 PM »

Welcome back to the 20th Century, DR Ginny! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2008, 02:46:48 PM »

*And, on a very personal note, it was soooo nice to have my "possibilities encouraged", rather than having my "deficiencies acknowledged".  :)

Well, I'll fix that tonight! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up