Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 62250 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »

DR Jennifer, BEST OF VIBES TO THE LITTLE ONE WITH PNEUMONIA!!

Danise

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »

I've made up my mind that I will be taking Bear home to Mom.  I'll fly to Pittsburgh over the Veterns Holiday.  I'll only have to use 2 vacation days--Monday and Wednesday to do it.  

I don't know if they allow dogs to be buried at Mt. Royal but I don't care if I have to do it in the middle of the night.  I WILL keep my word to Mom and Bear.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

I have to say this is one of the craziest things i've read here. You are one of the kindest people on the board. and you hurt someone's feelings unintentionally. And you apologized. Oy.

There are so many more important things. DR Danise lost her bear.  My sister's dear friend's 2 month old baby has pneumonia and is in the hospital very ill.

People's feelings get hurt. I guess i can understand why DR Cilla wanted to leave. But in the grand scheme of things i think we should support each other.

I also wish the baby the best.  We have someone at work who also is in the hospital with pneumonia after her surgery.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2008, 09:44:24 AM »

I have written all three people - we'll see what response I get, but frankly I'm ready to shut the board down because this is NOT what we're about.  Yes, we've had occasional problems but the handful of people who've left over the years have mostly left because they got offended or felt someone had attacked them unfairly.  We've weathered those storms, and some folks have returned and some haven't.  This is not the first election we've been through, but I don't recall anything like this during our last election.  

So, let's have a poll:  Would it be best to ask for the political discussion, some of which has been interesting and some of which has been incendiary, to stop on the board - and be taken to PM or e-mail?  I, for one, am not political and I certainly wouldn't miss those posts, even though I've found posts from both viewpoints occasionally interesting.  No one's going to change anyone's views on who they support, and the tone has been turning nasty because of people's passions.  So, let me know your thoughts.

I think everyone knows that posters here are unique, fun, kind-hearted, and wacky - and everyone here has benefitted from forging friendships, supportive posts and e-mails, and acts of kindness.  THAT'S what we're about, not this other stuff.

Danise

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:05 AM »

I think everyone is forgetting that we are more then just posters on a random board--we friends and even family.  Familys have their fights but everyone knows the love is still there.  

If politics are going to split the family then please do ban it from the board but I would hope that there would be no subject that could not be discussed here without losing sight of what brought us here in the first place.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

Well put Danise.  But unfortunately, politics does this - always has, always will.  We got through the last election, and I suppose we'll get through this election, and I suppose if everyone wants the discussion can continue, but I would ask that it be even-tempered and non-incendiary.  Let's hear other thoughts.

Ben

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »

I would gladly ban politics from this board. It's not why I come here and I skip those posts anyway, both sides, not just my side. I NEVER discuss politics in public forums like this just because of the outcomes we are now facing. Before anyone searches all my posts and quotes things from months or years ago, yes I may have made some random comments over the years but my general rule is not to discuss with anyone about this or religion or any other hot button topic. It's like CastRecL, if you want to discuss it further, take it private. Of course, that doesn't always work either but it's a rule of that newsgroup and I appreciate it.

I hope that, after a period of cooling off Cilla will return. I know she's angry and hurt but as Danise and others have said, the unique feature of this board is the family feeling. We were a random group of strangers who now share something special. I never would have thought it myself some 6 years ago, but there you go.

My two cents (since I'm in New York, one of the most expensive cities in the country it should really be five cents  ;))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:14:11 AM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »

I think Ben is right.  Even elmore hasn't been here this morning because HE'S angry, I imagine.  But I'm sorry, the support, love, and friendship has to outweigh this other stuff, and so let's have some other thoughts and then I'll figure it out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 10:24:24 AM »

Why is everyone just sitting there like so much fish?  Tell you what - I'm going on the long jog and when I get back I would like to read some postings and then I will make a decision regarding this sickening turn of events.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »

Even though it's a rainy and muggy day in Manhattan I decided to cross the river and go to the Newport/Pavonia and make a Target visit. I needed a new pair of tennis/training/track/running whatever you call them shoes and since I got my last pair at that Target I made a return trip. Luckily I was able to find a pair. The Boys Size 6 were not what I was looking for (that's my size which makes it very hard to buy shoes) but I wandered over to the Womens section and lo and behold a very nice pair of Size 8s jumped out at me. A Womans 8 is a Boys 6 as I have discovered over the years. I have ended up with womens 8 many times when the boys 6 didn't work. They are a nice mix of light grey and dark grey with a very light blue highlight. These kind of unisex shoes are great for me and I'm very happy with my new shoes.

I also bought mouthwash, some toothbrushes and floss and I am now the owner of a 1 gig mp3 player. Although we have many gadgets here I have never had an mp3 player. For what they are I always thought the price was too much. I had stopped using a walkman years ago and don't miss it but my CD drive at work is beginning to sound wonky. CD do not always play in either media player so I think this might be the answer. I bought it because it was on sale for $14 plus since the Jersey City area is an "economic development zone" the tax is only 3% instead of New York's 8.35% Yes, I have to take the Path Train to get there but it's a savings to me. Now I just have to load things on to the player and try it out. It's an absolute simple player with no bells and whistles other than volume, on-off and previous next.

Later, gaters.

Ben

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »

I've made up my mind that I will be taking Bear home to Mom.  I'll fly to Pittsburgh over the Veterns Holiday.  I'll only have to use 2 vacation days--Monday and Wednesday to do it.  

I don't know if they allow dogs to be buried at Mt. Royal but I don't care if I have to do it in the middle of the night.  I WILL keep my word to Mom and Bear.

Good for you Danise. It's something you want and it's dear to your heart. Just take one of your cousins with you so TD doesn't have to bail you out at 3am  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »

A nice tribute to the actors of the old WESTERNS

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

Even though it's a rainy and muggy day in Manhattan I decided to cross the river and go to the Newport/Pavonia and make a Target visit. I needed a new pair of tennis/training/track/running whatever you call them shoes and since I got my last pair at that Target I made a return trip. Luckily I was able to find a pair. The Boys Size 6 were not what I was looking for (that's my size which makes it very hard to buy shoes) but I wandered over to the Womens section and lo and behold a very nice pair of Size 8s jumped out at me. A Womans 8 is a Boys 6 as I have discovered over the years. I have ended up with womens 8 many times when the boys 6 didn't work. They are a nice mix of light grey and dark grey with a very light blue highlight. These kind of unisex shoes are great for me and I'm very happy with my new shoes.

Hello, everyone.

Ben, I have been known to purchase and wear men's clothes many times. I love men's clothes and sometimes can't find the women's equivalent. I had a pair of men's tennis shoes that I wore and loved for many years.
Glad you found something you're happy with.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »

Good morning, all! I've not been on HHW this morning  except to read the posts and attempt to post something that I knew I'd later regret.  I've contacted DRs TCB and singsaw, asking them to not leave the board, but neither's responded.

And, yes, I think politics, religion as well, should be off the board; I've believed that since I upset several DRs in 2004 when I first joined the board.  

Today, I'm off to see IDAHO! at NYMF, and I hear it's a hoot.  We'll see.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »

Well, I'll be, SoulSis, we're on at the same time!! (My fault, I've been MOST E and T) ... How ya doing, girl?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2008, 10:57:52 AM »

DR Jennifer, I wish the best for your friend's baby; one of my brother Randy's best friends lost a baby to crib death or something about 1978 and I can sympathize entirely.

DR Danise, I hope this trip to Pittsburgh doesn't land you in the clinker, but I wish you the best with it. Perhaps you should have Bear cremated and take the urn to your mother's grave?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2008, 11:01:29 AM »

As for the events of yesterday I don't know quite what to say. On one hand, there's a major election looming--of course it's on people's minds. And we have some passionate DRs, folks with strong opinions. That's part of what makes this a fun site, IMO. Forbid politics (at least the discussion thereof)? I dunno.

But don't shut down the site, Bruce. Things will blow over.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And since I didn't get out of bed until 12:30 ::) that's why I haven't been on the board until now.  And I made myself a proper breakfast/brunch too.  -Just in case anyone was wondering, worried, etc.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2008, 11:03:52 AM »

Hi, Karen. I've been E&T a lot myself. I just returned yesterday. (!!!)
Nice to see you!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2008, 11:05:32 AM »

I'm up, I'm up... And since I didn't get out of bed until 12:30 ::) that's why I haven't been on the board until now.  And I made myself a proper breakfast/brunch too.  -Just in case anyone was wondering, worried, etc.  ;)

I am sooo glad Jose set us straight! There are many things I worry about, but now at least I needn't worry that Jose will get enough to eat.  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »

I guess that should be that Jose WON'T get enough to eat.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »

I'm up, I'm up... And since I didn't get out of bed until 12:30 ::) ;)

And did you just get home?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »

I need to take care of an errand.

Maybe Uranus will have straightened itself out soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »

Probably best not to talk politics.

So instead, let's talk about our favorite Jorge Rivero movies.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »

And now I am off to the east Salem Walmart, where I am likely to find many Jorge Rivero movies. Perhaps this one?

Miss Karen

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »

As for the events of yesterday I don't know quite what to say. On one hand, there's a major election looming--of course it's on people's minds. And we have some passionate DRs, folks with strong opinions. That's part of what makes this a fun site, IMO. Forbid politics (at least the discussion thereof)? I dunno.

But don't shut down the site, Bruce. Things will blow over.

DITTO!!

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »

...and if those two photos don't get Singdaw and TCB back on the  HHW board, well, I just don't know what will!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »

...and if those two photos don't get Singdaw and TCB back on the  HHW board, well, I just don't know what will!

But what does he look like now is the question?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »

And something to entice our DR Cillalz back to the fold...

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »

Jorge is actually still in fine condition and still making movies in Mexico.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up