Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SPARKLE, NEELY, SPARKLE  (Read 87802 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SPARKLE, NEELY, SPARKLE
« on: October 03, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes finally had a shred of sparkle, and now it is time for you to post until the sparkling cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SPARKLE, NEELY, SPARKLE
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: LITTORAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:28:33 AM »

As promised, I'm going to give you dear readers the jump on the new Kritzerland limited edition title.  Even though they've pretty much guessed what it is over at the film music site, I'd like to keep this info here until the official announcement next week, probably not till the end of the week, depending on how fast my web gal gets it on the site.  You will not want to wait on this title.  It's limited to 1000 copies only, and I can already tell you that half of them are spoken for by online stores.  Given the composer and the rarity of what's on the CD, I'm hoping this will be a very quick sell out.  You'll notice that Scent Of Mystery is sold out and no longer available at Kritzerland. 

So, I'm really excited to announce that it's two Elmer Bernstein scores - the first is his incidental music to the play Laurette.  Laurette was about the legendary actress Laurette Taylor, who was played by Judy Holliday.  The cast also included Patrick O'Neal and Joan Hackett, and was produced by Alan Pakula, and directed by Jose Quintero.  It closed out of town due to Miss Holiday's illness.  The score is wonderful and is very interesting - Mr. Bernstein was making a transition in his style, and Laurette is the first score I've heard where you notice it.  It very much looks forward to what he would do in To Kill A Mockingbird.  It's scored for a chamber ensemble and the themes are wonderful.  The second score is to a very obscure 80s film called Prince Jack, a film about the Kennedys.   Both are short scores - Laurette runs about eighteen minutes, and Prince Jack runs twelve - that's what he wrote for the film - twelve minutes of music.  The source material for Laurette wasn't in great shape, but the mastering guy did a pretty terrific job of fixing it up.  I'm still struggling with the price of the CD - given that none of this music has ever been available, I'm tempted to charge our usual $19.98, despite the brevity of the CD.  I've also toyed with the idea of charging $17.98, just as an acknowledgment that it's a shorter CD.  That said, I have a CD here, a Varese club title (from way back when) that was full price and which runs nineteen minutes!  Here's what I'll do though - no matter which price I end up charging, you dear readers will get it for $17.98.  So, if you want to lock in that price pre the official announcement (once it hits the site, the price is whatever the price is), simply do the usual and go to paypal and pay 17.98 plus 3.75 shipping directly to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Don't wait on this one.  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:33:34 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »

BK, how much for shipping, or is it included in the $17.98?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »

BK, how much for shipping, or is it included in the $17.98?

No, can't throw in the shipping, unfortunately.  I've amended my post above to include the 3.75 for shipping.

George

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:39:04 AM »

I think it's safe to assume that I've just now place the very first order! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 12:44:51 AM »

999 left!  This thing is flying out the door!  Of course, after we deduct the online stores, there's really less than 500 left now.

George

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »

Topic of the Day:  no media in any media player because in the morning (7:30 in the freakin' mornin', to be exact), I have to be at my sister's house so that we can leave for Coquille, Oregon to visit our cousin!  That's too darned early for me! 

Anyway, we're going to be gone until Monday, so I'll be incommunicado, until then...I'm assuming that I won't have computer access.  I found my camera, so I'll be able to post pictures when I get back. 

Have a good weekend, all!! I'm off to bed. ;D

And BK, thanks for keeping the board alive!! :-*

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:58:07 AM »

Mucho thanks to bk for all his work on the board over the past days!!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 02:00:51 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
for DRs Edisaurus and George!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS to both bk and DR elmore3003 on their respective weight losses!  :)  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 02:38:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: LITTORAL!
Jacques loved to study the waters of both the San Francisco Bay and Cape Cod.  He was a LITTORAL bi-coastal man!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 02:42:31 AM »

TOD:

Der Brucer bought the DVD for Speed Racer, because he'd seen it at the local cheepo movie palace with the grandlads.  I watched fifteen, twenty minutes of it and had to turn it off.  Talk about a piece of cra... crud.  A total waste of Sarandon and Goodman's talents.  Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 03:11:33 AM »

Good morning!  Congrats on the weight losss!  I just wish I would stop finding it. 

DR Jose, I just read your post about changing my preferences.  It was already checked but we'll see if that works with this post.

Have a GREAT day all!  I'm off to work.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »

Oh, one other thing--I can't see who is on line.  How do I fix that?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »

You can't. It's not something we can control. It might happen if the computer guys or JMK futz with the software but for now once you're in the board you can't see a list of who's on also. You just have to look at the avatars and the ones that are bright green are on line.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:26 AM »

When you click Additional Options the box opens up and you have

Attach:

next to a box and after the box it says

Browse...

That's how you post a picture. It's the same way as before.

Norm DePloom

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:44 AM »

TOD

I probably will watch the extras on Daredevil Director's cut. It is a better film, I didn't like the version that played the theaters. All action no character development.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 03:58:55 AM »

Thanks for the travel vibes, DR Singdaw. Hope your allergies get under control!
And I'm off...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Norm DePloom

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 03:59:37 AM »

Question to all who have set up profiles.

What have you put to the following two choices:

Use quick reply on topic display: _____________
Show quick-moderation on message index as: ______________

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 04:01:01 AM »

With a heavy heart, and a tiny pimple on my lip, I must say that it's time for

WORKIES!

Hasta.

Norm DePloom

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 04:13:11 AM »

Hasn't any noticed that there are over 20,000 names on the member list?

Impressive (He says tongue firmly planted in his cheek) ;)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:11 AM »

TRAVEL VIBES TO EDISAURUS AND GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 04:27:41 AM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES TO DANISE AND SINGDAW

Ben

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 04:28:27 AM »

You may remember my comments about To Be or Not To Be a couple of weeks ago. Mr. Riedel has written about it and sums it up pretty well.

Michael Riedel
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:35:18 AM by Ben »

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 04:30:07 AM »

hmmm, I can't find a way to change which direction the scroll moves.  Th ecommand used to be [move = left] and you could change it to [move=right] or up or down, but now  the command is just [ move ]

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 04:31:16 AM »

almost sounds like I know something about computer code, doesn't it...  ;)unfortuanlty that's it... I'm tapped out :D

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:34:07 AM by vixmom »

Ben

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:33 AM »

Hasn't any noticed that there are over 20,000 names on the member list?

Impressive (He says tongue firmly planted in his cheek) ;)

Well, Michael Shayne (AKA Norm DePloom) yesterday as Benjamin at 4:19pm I wrote this about that.

Now that you have someone working on the site, if you choose to, you could probably delete lots and lots and lots of our "members" mostly Russian or Eastern European bots that were able to register because we had no capture screen to keep them out. If you sort the Member List by post and go to Page 7 you see that from there to Page 685 all members listed have no posts. It's pretty easy to tell which are bots and fake members. They could be deleted freeing up room on the server (that stuff is stored just like the real member information). Since we now have the capture screen to slow down/prevent fake member registrations it might be worthwhile to go down to 185 members (the number of registered members who have actually made a post, including the new registrations today) instead of 20528 of which 20,343 have never posted and most likely never will.

Just my 2 Cents

Ben

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 04:34:20 AM »

I don't make things move. I just post still life shots so I can't help you Deb. Sorry.

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:19 AM »

You may remember my comments about To Be or Not To Be a couple of weeks ago. Mr. Riedel has written about it as well and sums it up pretty well.

Michael Riedel

Thank you for the link!  I never saw the original version of this with Jack Benny I shoudl see if I can get it from Blockbuster.com I have seen the Mel Brooks version and it was OK but I dontl remeber it being hilariously funny....of course that could have been my reaction to Mr. Brooks whom  I feel beats you over the head witha  joke until you're no longer amused

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up