Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LET ME JUST SAY THIS  (Read 69840 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: LET ME JUST SAY THIS
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 06:59:52 AM »

Would somebody please send me a private message and tell me how I can fix my photo.

I feel like I'm in a horror movie and the walls are closing in on me.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 07:00:26 AM »

Break a leg at your reading today, BK.

Laura

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 07:03:38 AM »

TOD: Oreo cake from Tomatoes Restaurant at the mall. Tomatoes closed a while back, thank goodness, so I can't get it any more.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

td

• td
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2008, 07:37:46 AM »

Peach Melba Cake from The Oakmont Bakery near Pittsburgh.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »

And the word of the day is: GORMANDIZER!

And The Song Of The Day Is: I WANT IT ALL

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2008, 07:40:47 AM »

Thanks, Dave.

It's nice to look normal again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008, 07:43:42 AM »

And I shall try to post from the Good Stuff Diner once the HHW throng is gathered.

Laters...

Wish we could be there to join you! The Vixter and I send our best! 

The Vixter says you should offer a toast to absent friends.... ;D

cause it's breakfast and there 's probably going to be toast..... get it? ::)

I had french toast for breakfast, well it was just Callie and I at the table - not the gang in NYC, but does that count anyway?

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2008, 07:47:51 AM »

Cake?  Hmm I love lots of cake.  German Chocolate Cake, Poppy Seed Cake, Red Velvet Cake, rum cake and who could forget....

MONKEY CAKE 

Kerry

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2008, 07:53:44 AM »

TOD:  As much as I adore ( and I do mean adore) chocolate (and German Chocolate cake, Oreo Cake, a cake DRMusic guy used to make once-in-a bluemoon-- I saw the moon so i know.  It was a completely homemade dark chocolate cake with loads of realwhite buttercream frosting), my favoites still have to be Angel Food  and Pineapple Upside Down cake.  The good thing about my favories is that most of the people around me don't care for them, so I usually get the WHOLE cake to myself!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:05:38 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2008, 07:53:52 AM »

Favorite cake--the combined chocolate cake recipe of Betsy's family with my mother's divoon whipped cream chocolate frosting, which is our standard chocolate cake experience around here, as many of you know.  Some of you may also remember that Betsy's maiden name was Semon, and we used to call the cake, after our respective families, the Kauffman Semon cake, until we began noticing the peculiar reactions we were getting.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »

BK, the only way I've been able to get the LOADING error message to go away is to default to the Quick Reply tick on Preferences and Layout set to "on, but not showing"). 

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »

Wow, was that  a Palin-esque sentence or what, even with a misplaced close parenthesis.  You betcha!

JMK

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »

I got up, fed the dogs, let them out in the front yard and saw Blanche nearly jump out of her skin in unbridled joy at something on the lawn.  My eyes weren't quite "right" yet, and I thought it was a pile of leaves for a moment until I suddenly realized it was a dead possum.  Great way to start the morning, eh?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:53 AM »

Good morning!

Another very cool morning but the high today will be in the upper 70s, so autumn seems to be here. Nice.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:13 AM »

My eldest sister has a really good MONKEY CAKE recipe that they fix for everyone on Christmas morning when we have family get-togethers.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

My favorite cake I've mentioned many times here: my mother's cocoanut cake which she never gave me the recipe for and will remain a lingering memory.

As for the cakes I make, I really love my peanut butter cake with the chocolate icing which is like a Reece's peanut butter cup in cake form.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:24 AM »

I'll be working on Jean-Pierre Melville's LE DEUXIEME SOUFFLE today. I've never seen it, and it appears to be another of his 60s film noirs, so I'm really looking forward to it.

JMK

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »

I was splendidly engaged by the Blu-ray of Lorin Maazel's North Korean concert with the NY Phil.  The doc which accompanies it is really scary at times--they took everyone's cell phone away and two early morning joggers were rounded up by armed guards!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2008, 08:02:38 AM »

Nothing on TV for me tonight, but I will watch last Sunday's MAD MEN while I cook and eat lunch today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »

Wow, was that  a Palin-esque sentence or what, even with a misplaced close parenthesis.  You betcha!

I really wish you'd stop these little jabs at Palin.  It's not going to go in a good direction

JMK

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »

I really wish you'd stop these little jabs at Palin.  It's not going to go in a good direction

I have never "jabbed" at Palin, it was a joke, get over it.

JMK

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2008, 08:14:54 AM »

Not to mention, it was my idiocy I was joking about.  So the "jab" was directed at me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »

I'm up - I see no users at the top of the page, so I guess I've got to writer pro guy now.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »

My favorite cake would have lots of dark chocolate.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »

Vegetable-Only Diet Ups Risk for Brain Shrinkage
Monday, September 15, 2008

Being a vegetarian may actually be bad for your brain, according to a study published in the Sept. 9 issue of Neurology, The Sun reported.

The study said those on a meat-free diet are six times more likely to suffer brain shrinkage as the most vitamin B12 is found in meats, liver, fish and milk.

According to the study, vitamin B12 may protect older people against brain shrinkage.

A study of 107 people between the ages of 61 and 87 found that people who had higher B12 levels were six times less likely to experience a loss in brain volume compared to those who had lower levels of the vitamin in their blood. None of the people in the study had a B12 deficiency.

Brain shrinkage typically occurs after the age of 60 and has been linked to memory loss.

For the research, participants underwent brain scans, memory testing and physical exams. Researchers also collected blood samples to check vitamin B12 levels. Brain scans and memory tests were performed five years after the initial testing.

"Many factors that affect brain health are thought to be out of our control, but this study suggests that simply adjusting our diets to consume more vitamin B12 through eating meat, fish, fortified cereals or milk may be something we can easily adjust to prevent brain shrinkage and so perhaps save our memory," said study author Anna Vogiatzoglou, of the University of Oxford, in a news release.

Vogiatzoglou said the study did not look at whether taking vitamin B12 supplements would have the same effect on memory.

JMK

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »

Vegetable-Only Diet Ups Risk for Brain Shrinkage
Monday, September 15, 2008

Being a vegetarian may actually be bad for your brain, according to a study published in the Sept. 9 issue of Neurology, The Sun reported.

The study said those on a meat-free diet are six times more likely to suffer brain shrinkage as the most vitamin B12 is found in meats, liver, fish and milk.

According to the study, vitamin B12 may protect older people against brain shrinkage.

A study of 107 people between the ages of 61 and 87 found that people who had higher B12 levels were six times less likely to experience a loss in brain volume compared to those who had lower levels of the vitamin in their blood. None of the people in the study had a B12 deficiency.

Brain shrinkage typically occurs after the age of 60 and has been linked to memory loss.

For the research, participants underwent brain scans, memory testing and physical exams. Researchers also collected blood samples to check vitamin B12 levels. Brain scans and memory tests were performed five years after the initial testing.

"Many factors that affect brain health are thought to be out of our control, but this study suggests that simply adjusting our diets to consume more vitamin B12 through eating meat, fish, fortified cereals or milk may be something we can easily adjust to prevent brain shrinkage and so perhaps save our memory," said study author Anna Vogiatzoglou, of the University of Oxford, in a news release.

Vogiatzoglou said the study did not look at whether taking vitamin B12 supplements would have the same effect on memory.

See?  You can blame my "impolitic" postings on my diet.   :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »

Oh, Did you think that post was about you? ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »

Apparently, the pro guy did fix that GUESTS can no longer see profiles - can someone please check it's so?  But he forgot to do the option so we see the users on the board at the top of the page.  Hopefully he'll get to that today. 

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2008, 08:36:21 AM »

Well, I'm heading downstairs now to check the mail and begin fixing lunch.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »

Apparently, the pro guy did fix that GUESTS can no longer see profiles - can someone please check it's so?  But he forgot to do the option so we see the users on the board at the top of the page.  Hopefully he'll get to that today. 

Correct, BK, guests can no longer link to profiles, but can still see photos.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up