Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I REEK OF GARLIC  (Read 68869 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: I REEK OF GARLIC
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »

Another beautiful day, most of which I've spent inside. I did go for a short walk this morning, but naturally spent the afternoon working.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »

So...

Has Sunday night become the new "Must-See" TV night?  I just find it very interesting that so much quality programming is now on Sunday nights - which is basically a "school night" for most adults.

Sunday, Monday, and Thursday are now THE most insane nights for TV presently programmed. There is a ridiculous amount of quality programming airing opposite each another during those three nights especially.

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »

Page Five Poppy Field Dance!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing by pulling out the 2003 DVD of SLEEPING BEAUTY and watching it. However, I listened to the compiled audio commentary (I think for the first time) which I really enjoyed. And the disc looks very nice. Can't wait to see how much sharper and how much more deeply colorful the Blu-ray will make it.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »

Next, I watched the first three episodes of season 5 of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. The show had begun to run down by now. The narrow escapes were fairly predictable, and no one on the team ever really seemed in serious danger. This was the season Lesley (Ann) Warren joined the team, but it was an ill-fit. Wanting to be a serious actress and not a Disney ingenue any more, she refused glamour makeup to hide her freckles, she smoked and drank. But it all seemed like a little girl play acting. She just didn't have the innate sophistication and life experience to pull off being on the team. She only lasted this one season.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

The guest stars in the first three episodes were just wonderful. The ever-gorgeous and hunky Robert Conrad was a hired assassin in the first one. Naturally, he made sure he had a couple of shirtless (well, a wife beater t-shirt) scenes, and those blue eyes are as intense as ever. (The transfers so far have been great - very sharp and clear in all the studio work. Location stuff is a bit softer.)

Sal Mineo, Robert Alda, and Dana Elcar were in the second one.

Larry Linville and Chris Connelly were in the third.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

I just started on the fourth episode and only got about 10 minutes in. Larry Pennell is the only guest star I've recognized so far.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 01:30:22 PM »

I arrived at the Hollywood Collector's show at about ten-forty and found parking easily.  When I walked in the front door I knew why - it was pretty dead, attendance-wise.  I walked around the room seeing who was there and saw Roger Corman also walking around the room - the fact that he wasn't at his table told me everything I needed to know.  The first person I said hey to was Ruta Lee, who I've known for twenty years or so.  She looked great and we had a nice chat.  Then I found Roger and Druxy - Roger was already packing up, and left five minutes later.  As I said to him, "The writing's on the wall, huh?"  Seated next to him was Miss Barbara Steele, and I said hi to her and reminded her I'd issued the Black Sunday soundtrack and that we'd met a bunch of times.  She was very sweet.  I wandered around checking out everyone and talking to dealer pals.  While it never really got busy in the two hours I was there, there were, at least, a few more people.  Leslie Nielsen walked in around eleven-fifteen - he had a little line of people waiting.  Jane Russell wasn't there - apparently she wasn't feeling well.  Linda Gray (is that her name - the Dynasty woman) had a small line, but no one was really doing much business, especially the dealers.  For me, though, I had a blast, because I had a wonderful chat with Tony Dow, who I hadn't seen since I did my documentary Weekday Heroes, which he hosted.  He's so nice and his wife was there and we had the best time reminiscing about the shoot - he'd just watched the show a week ago, in honor of Engineer Bill's recent passing.  I was delighted to find out that Sheriff John is still alive and living in Boise, and apparently Chucko the Clown is also alive. 

Most shocking celeb in terms of looking nothing like they used to: Tommy Kirk.

Best-looking celebs who still look incredible - Meredith Salinger and Cynthia Gibb. 

Other celebs seen: Barry Bostwick, Tom Laughlin and his wife, Noell Neill, Pogue's pal Denny Miller, Richard Kiel, and others I can't remember right now.

As soon as I saw that Leslie Nielsen had no people at his table I went up to him and reminded him of The Creature Wasn't Nice, which he remembered right away.  We also had a nice chat.  So, I'm really glad I went.

Linda Evans
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »

Linda Gray was the DALLAS woman.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »

Has anyone seen Mariette Hartley lately?  I caught her on a LAW & ORDER: SVU recently. . .the lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

td

• td
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »

I am sated.  The casserole turned to be a most delicious blend of meat, cheese, macaroni and tomato.
For finishers we had Pumpkin Creme Pie.  Very smooth, the spices were all in the whipped topping.

Danise

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »

Hi all.  I may have done something very foolish.  As you know, my computer went down.  Well, it turned out that not only did it have a virus, it also had a bad spot on the motherboard. 

Translation:  The whole computer is a now a piece of junk.  I am so fed up on viruses and such that I bought a new computer.  An apple.  An expensive Apple.  I just felt that with everything I have been through these past few months, I deserved something nice. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

Hi Danise, enjoy your new Apple.

Danise

« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »

Thank you Jane.  I think I will. 

I went to one of their free classes this morning to learn how to move around.  I think one of the things I will like is that I can go back to windows.  This system will run both the Mac and the Windows OS.  That way, I won't miss all the software I have for Windows. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »

One thing I can say that I don't like is the short cords on the keyboard and the mouse.  There isn't any way to extend them except to buy the wireless.  I won't be able to afford that for awhile.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2008, 01:52:04 PM »

Jose, Jason sang a song from Snoopy - can't remember the title - a ballad.  And there was no list of singers - they were all announced from the stage.

Ah, must have been the same one he sang in the Larry Grossman revue at The York a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, I can't remember the name right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »

Linda Evans, that's right.  She looked great.

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »

DR Danise - never underestimate the effectiveness of retail therapy!  Hope you enjoy your new computer (laptop or desktop?).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »

And sitting next to someone named Gordon, who was also on that show.  His wrangler is someone I know, so I had a nice chat with him, too.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

DR Danise - Welcome to the Cult of Mac!  ;)

Did you get an iMac?  or did you really splurge on a Mac Pro?

As for the cost, I think as you start getting more comfortable and explore more of the "on board" features, you'll find that your "splurge" was a cost-effective purchase.  Or something like that.  ;)

*And the free classes at the Apple Store are a great resource.  Sometimes I will just sit by and listen in on one if it's dealing with a program I don't think I really need.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »

And sitting next to someone named Gordon, who was also on that show.  His wrangler is someone I know, so I had a nice chat with him, too.

Gordon Thomson whom we discussed on this here site some weeks ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »

Now I'm heading downstairs to clean the guest bath and put away the folded laundry. Then it'll be back to more adventure with Jim Phelps and company.

Danise

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »

DR Danise - never underestimate the effectiveness of retail therapy!  Hope you enjoy your new computer (laptop or desktop?).

It's a desktop.  I'm just looking at things right now.  I see a few problems.  They set things up for me in the store like the Mobile Me.  It has a password but I don't know what it is.  And whoever set my computer up put my name in someplace as Denise instead of Danise.  I have to find where that is so I can fix it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

Danise

« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

I think I'm going to call Best Buy and ask some questions.  I'll be back later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »

It's a desktop.  I'm just looking at things right now.  I see a few problems.  They set things up for me in the store like the Mobile Me.  It has a password but I don't know what it is.  And whoever set my computer up put my name in someplace as Denise instead of Danise.  I have to find where that is so I can fix it.

DR Danise (not Denise):

Your MobileMe Password - Did you/they set up a System Password?  Try that first.  Did you ask for MobileMe? or are you just using the 30-Day Free Trial? I passed on the program since I didn't really have that much of a need for it.  -And it really only comes in handy if you have an iPhone, however, it does provide you with online storage now too.

If your system password does not work, just give Apple a call - 1-800-APL-CARE, or go to http://iforgot.apple.com/ to retrieve/reset your password.

As for your name:

Click on the Apple Symbol on the top left of your Screen.
Then click on "System Preferences".
Under "System", click on "Accounts".
You should be able to correct your name there - as well as change your system password.  -You may have to click on the lock symbol first in order to make the changes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »

DR Danise - Are you currently browsing HHW via your new iMac?
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »

Then I found Roger and Druxy - Roger was already packing up, and left five minutes later. 

How long were you there?

Sundays usually pick up after the churches let out, but Roger didn't feel like waiting around to see if I was right.

Was I?
You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »

Some of you may remember that I alluded to a less than good NYMF show yesterday. Although I'm not against writing posting criticism I just don't feel the show is worth trashing in public so I didn't write anything about it publicly though I did pass on my thoughts privately to some people.

Well, today was a different experience. I went to another NYMF show. Unfortunately, it was the closing performance so no one else can see it but it was well worth my time and effort. It was at 37 Arts, which is like going to a foreign country, especially since half the block is under construction and the other half is a bridge walking over an entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel. It's a nice facility on a rathole of a street (I think rathole is my new favorite word). That's the negative part.

The show, That Other Woman's Child, is wonderful. You do have to like bluegrass but if you're willing to go there it's a marvelous evening in the theatre. The script is strong, I really like the score, the production values were excellent, the choreography had spark and genuine excitement (lots of tap and clogging) and the cast is across the board very good. The show has been done in other venues and was written by two people who now live in Tennessee. I don't know what kind of life it will have in New York but Pump Boys and Oil City Symphony had a run here and I think this show could have one also.

My NYMF experience has now been satisfied. I'm happy once again. And on that note, I will leave for a while.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I have yet to leave the apartment today - not even for the Shack Shiraz Poached Pear Frozen Custard.  However, now that I've cooked and made dinner - and already cleaned the kitchen, I may go take a little walk around the block.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up