Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WALK ON THE WILD SIDE  (Read 60639 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »

Arrgh!  I have a doctors appointment at 1:00 this afternoon and having bloodwork done at the same time.  But I need to fast this entire morning.  And I'm hungry!

Yeah, well, try being a Jew tomorrow if you want to know from fasting.  ;)

That must be why 'kvetching' got started.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »

Arrgh!  I have a doctors appointment at 1:00 this afternoon and having bloodwork done at the same time.  But I need to fast this entire morning.  And I'm hungry!

Oh, I'm so sorry, DR DtM!  It's a shame they couldn't have given you an early appointment.  Bet you can't even have coffee, huh?

He probably could have gotten an earlier appointment, but it might have been two months from now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 07:57:48 AM »

It's Wednesday here.  What day is it where you are?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 07:58:50 AM »

I managed to clear my DVR cache of last week's shows.  I watched "Smallville" last night and was thoroughly entertained, if not altogether pleased by where the writers are taking us with Chloe.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »

I also watched the first three episodes of the continuing drama of "Peyton Place", the TV series that debuted in 1964.

It's interesting to see a very young, lovely and vibrant Mia Farrow as Allison McKenzie.  The TV show rewrote the character of Norman to be the younger brother of Rodney Harrington.  Chris Connelly and Ryan O'Neal played those parts, respectively.  Barbara Parkins is Betty Anderson.  Or should I have written "Barbara Parkins IS Betty Anderson"?  Apart from being boy crazy, she is not the Betty Anderson of Metallious' tale.  No, our Barbara will have redeeming values soon enough.  I have the entire series on DVD-R.  And I'm loving it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:23:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 08:04:51 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a little earlier than I wanted to be, but such is the way of the wind.  Speaking of wind, can someone PM FJL instructions on how to unsquish his photograph?  And someone tell me what is that little sheet of paper that appears next to the topic title and reply number, right to the left of it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 08:08:04 AM »

To all and sundry, including clopchaw:

A Very Merry UnBirthday to You!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a little earlier than I wanted to be, but such is the way of the wind.  Speaking of wind, can someone PM FJL instructions on how to unsquish his photograph?  And someone tell me what is that little sheet of paper that appears next to the topic title and reply number, right to the left of it.

Bruce:  It's a "message icon" and you can change it to be a number of things.  You must either be quoting someone or in "reply" mode (i.e., writin a non-Quick Reply post) or in "modify" mode -- look at the box above where you would type.  That's where you see all your font options/function options/etc..  Look under "subject line" and you will see the "message icons".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:15:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:39 AM »

I guess I'll head down now to check the mail and then think about what I'm fixing for lunch. I had originally planned to have lunch with my friend Hal today, but those plans got changed at the last minute. So, I'm eating in today.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »

"Eating in today", the memoir of the later years of Miss Otis.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »

I'm having a bad "senstivity" today (since test have proven concusively I don't have allergies!!!).  My right eye is burning and watering.

Thank goodness for my left eye.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »

Do we have any smokers in this forum?

I have a $5 coupon for "Commit" (the generous 72-count size) anti-smoking lozenge.  It's on the paper sleeve that came with my cup of coffee this morning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 08:20:18 AM »

One of my co-workers is out for the rest of the week at a conference.  HOORAY!

Another co-worker is out on medical leave and I'm covering his desk.  SIGH!

My boss is out all morning. :D

I'm Still Here!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »

Speaking of wind, can someone PM FJL instructions on how to unsquish his photograph?

Hey, FRED!

Go into your profile, select "Modify Profile" and then "Forum Profile Information".  There you will find a cache of photos.  Go to the photo you want and click on it.  The photo should restore to its proper size.  I did that and it resized my photo.  I had to go through the procedure of saving by entering my password at the bottom of the "Account Related Settings" page.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »

I would but I have nothing to atone.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 08:35:22 AM »

TOD:

I was listening to one of my compilation CD's and heard Tom Jones singing, "It's Not Unusual."  We had won a demo 45 from some Top 40 station (very typical of the mid 60's and lovingly spoofed by the Carpenters on the long cut  from "Yesterdays Once More"-- or whatever it was called-- LP).

The first time I heard, it was so catchy, I knew it would be a hit.  It wasn't even on the charts then but was soon.  "Downtown" by Petula Clark was the same way.  (Well, almost anything by Tony Hatch).

What songs did you hear for the first time that you KNEW would make it?  (Right or wrong---  Everybody participate.

I will admit that I was totally wrong about Herb Alpert becoming popular (but of course, I didn't realize that he was backed by the Mafia).
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »

I just realized that I do NOT have next Monday off.  In fact, I do not have another day off until Thanksgiving (and the day after.)

Oh, well--I do pretty much have the month of December off, so I guess I should kvetch.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 08:38:28 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

It's a cool day here, but I like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »

Wow, so many questions for BK and others.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »

And where may I ask is tomovoz these days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »

I'm having a bad "senstivity" today (since test have proven concusively I don't have allergies!!!).  My right eye is burning and watering.

Thank goodness for my left eye.

FWIW, Ron, I DO have allergies and it's always my right eye that does the irritation and tearing bit. I have no idea why.

Do you irrigate your eyes with some sort of eye wash? Pollen can get in your eyes, even if you can't see it. Of course, how COULD you see it if your eyes are tearing?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »

I LOVE THE RAILWAY CHILDREN. I've seen the BBC version several times and loved it each time. I knew there was an earlier version and that Jenny Agutter was in it, so why didn't I look for a copy, like I usually do??? I put it in my Netflix queue this morning, only to find it listed as "Very Long Wait."  My, our beloved BK's influence must be even greater than I thought; a mention of the flick in the Notes and suddenly everyone wants it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »

Gotta go take care of some errands.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2008, 08:50:13 AM »

What songs did you hear for the first time that you KNEW would make it?  (Right or wrong---  Everybody participate.

I always felt that I had such a quirky taste in music that I've often been surprised when something I liked right off became a hit.  When I first heard things like k.d. lang's "Constant Craving" or Paul Simon's entire "Graceland" album or Amy Winehouse, I never believed that they would become so popular.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

I just realized that I do NOT have next Monday off.  In fact, I do not have another day off until Thanksgiving (and the day after.)

Oh, well--I do pretty much have the month of December off, so I guess I should kvetch.

I don't have Monday off either and I don't have a day off until the Thanksgiving holidays but like you, I will be away from work for the entire month of December. I'm counting the days.

Ben

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »

And where may I ask is tomovoz these days.

Mr. Oz has been in Europe, that place where France is, visiting and doing touristy things.

Ben

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »

And now I must take my leave and get some lunch. I'm hungry.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:46 AM »

..I will also be watching Sunday night's DEXTER while I cook and eat lunch today.

Great choice - particularly if the menu is Steak Tartare.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:35 AM »

Off to the doctor's office...
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »

So, tomorrow is your "Once A Year Jew-Day"?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up