Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY USUAL SELF  (Read 30501 times)

Jed

Re:MY USUAL SELF
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2004, 09:21:10 PM »

OMG! I thought I was the ONLY person in the world who ate peanut butter and butter sandwiches!

Not at all!  There's always a bit of butter on my peanut butter sandwiches!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2004, 09:22:07 PM »

An old favorite of mine along with peanut butter and mayo! Yum!

Ok, now you've just gone too far! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2004, 09:24:57 PM »

I, too, like peanut butter and butter.  Well, weather permitting it looks like we're finally doing the Bullshit! shoot on Saturday.  Figured out the wardrobe today, got my call sheet and hopefully it will be fun.  The one thing we know is that it will be a LONG day.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2004, 09:26:31 PM »

OMG! I thought I was the ONLY person in the world who ate peanut butter and butter sandwiches!

I still enjoy a peanut butter and cream cheese sandwich every once in a while.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2004, 09:32:04 PM »

Denizens of the world, unite.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2004, 09:40:08 PM »

I'm a peanut butter and honey man, myself.  And sometimes raisins.  And sometimes extra peanuts too!

Oh, and found the AP review... Just waiting for the NYTimes to post...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2004, 09:44:31 PM »

Hey, I guess the boxing match ended early.. Showtime is showing Bullshit! right now... one debunking spiritualists and mediums...  They're trying to contact the spirit of Fred Mertz right now! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2004, 09:51:25 PM »

Reminds me of when I was around eight and discovered the word "jerkoff" and incessently used it as a noun, though I had no idea what it meant.  The real trouble came when I said to my mother after school one day, "Sister Franchetta was a real jerkoff today."

Now, that is silly, Dan.  Every good Catholic boy knows that Father Riley is the jerkoff!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2004, 09:59:32 PM »

I know you're far from alone, Jose, but I've never enjoyed the pb & honey thing.  Anytime they served that at school, I made damn sure to bring my own lunch that day. :)  I do, however, occasionally enjoy a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.  And I'm not even pregnant!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2004, 10:07:40 PM »

Now, that is silly, Dan.  Every good Catholic boy knows that Father Riley is the jerkoff!

Not where I went to school.  I was an altar boy for five years.  The only time a priest touched me was to smack the back of my head for fooling around during Mass.  Believe me, the nuns at my school were far more abusive, especially towards boys.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2004, 10:10:49 PM »

Nuts to Peanut butter. Vegemite forever.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »

Good evening!

Well, finally dug the Fiddler review out of the NYTimes web-site... Hmm...  Here's the first paragraph...

"The most animated presence in the prim, pretty new production of "Fiddler on the Roof," which opened last night at the Minskoff Theater, may well be its title character. No, not the fiddler. The roof."

Hmm...

And all the other reviews I've come across seem to be in agreement.  No real pans, but no real raves either.

OH! DR Jed - Thanks for reminding me that I bought pickles last week - and the jar is still sitting unopened in my fridge!  I need to rectify that situation... soon!... soon?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2004, 10:20:21 PM »

Not exactly a posting frenzy so far this evening. And I'm afaid I'm going to be part of the non-frenzy by going to bed soon. I've slept very little all week, but tonight's the night, Josephine. I am going to sleep. I am going to close my eyes and go to dreamland and stay there until morning. That's the plan, folks. So good-night, all.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2004, 10:52:52 PM »

Oh, and pay attention to the statue of Brigham Young downtown--notice how his back is to the Temple and his hand is reaching out to the bank (or at least it was a bank when I was growing up).
A reminder to tithe?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2004, 10:55:41 PM »

Reminds me of when I was around eight and discovered the word "jerkoff" and incessently used it as a noun, though I had no idea what it meant.  The real trouble came when I said to my mother after school one day, "Sister Franchetta was a real jerkoff today."

My friend Margo has three children...17, 7 and 5 (all girls--the two younger were adopted from China).  Anyway, when the middle kid was about 4, they were at home and she said, "Mom, don't f**k with my mind!" :o Margo was taken aback, and trying not to laugh, had to explain to her daughter that that was not a word that she should use...at least, not in public. ::)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 10:59:46 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2004, 10:58:22 PM »

Good evening, fellow dear readers.

I spent a most exciting day on a vacant lot watching a construction crew clear debris.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2004, 10:58:55 PM »

For Jane:
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2004, 11:01:38 PM »

I wonder if  MTI has Hair jr, like they have Annie Jr?
Hair, Jr.  a.k.a.  Flat-top?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2004, 11:02:51 PM »

DR Laura: I assure you some of us would find that interesting and exciting!
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2004, 11:04:22 PM »

DR Laura, you sure do know how to party!!! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2004, 11:05:38 PM »

I see ten count them ten GUESTS.  I see dead people.  When I see ten GUESTS I say "I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing."  When I see dead people, I say, "I know you're out there, I can't hear you breathing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2004, 11:08:58 PM »

I used to have a love for peanut butter, butter, and honey sandwiches.  Does that count, or is that too complicated?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2004, 11:09:15 PM »

WOW!

Just catching the news item on TV about the women who had a seizure - possible heart attack - while watching "The Passion of the Christ" today.

OMG! (Pardon the "pun".) -They have a bible with Jim Caviezel's picture on it!  There's actually marketing tie-ins for this movie?!?!?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:11:03 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2004, 11:11:58 PM »

My church bought this lot four years ago, and we've waited a LONG TIME to see construction begin. The city I live in can be very very picky when approving building permits.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2004, 11:15:26 PM »

OMG! (Pardon the "pun".) -They have a bible with Jim Caviezel's picture on it!  There's actually marketing tie-ins for this movie?!?!?
Don't knock it.  This may be the first time some people have had a desire to pick up that book.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2004, 11:19:27 PM »

Oy Vey!

I just re-checked the NYTimes web-site.. I guess I missed it before... Or simply read past it, but the headline for the FIDDLER review is:

A Cozy Little McShtetl

-What was that sound the Hamburgler made?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2004, 11:24:20 PM »

Well, since I need to be up in time to catch at 1:20 matinee of In America - and this time, I'm just gonna let myself cry and cry and cry...  :'(

And I finally get to catch up with a friend of mine in person for the first time in about a year at the same time too!  :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2004, 11:42:06 PM »

WOW!

Just catching the news item on TV about the women who had a seizure - possible heart attack - while watching "The Passion of the Christ" today.

You think that's bad?  I saw a news segment yesterday that showed someone selling nails on a thin leather rope as a movie tie-in! :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2004, 11:42:36 PM »

Couldn't stand to wait, did a quick Google and it was, indeed, The Hero.  There's actually a site devoted to it, which I guess should not surprise me:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/2950/SitCom/Hero.htm
It was your inclusion of the horns on the car that was the tip-off for me.  

Back when I still wasn't tall (but working on it), the only copy of TV Guide that my family would get during the year would be the Fall Preview Issue.  I ended up saving them, had a whole collection, although they're long lost now.  Pity.

What I remembered was the thing about the horns on the car (part of the series description), and that there was an accompanying photo of a fellow holding a pistol in front of his face.  He was holding it under his nose by the barrel, with the grip pointing up, in imitation of a moustache.  The fellow had very distinctive eyes, however.

Flash forward.  I realized, while der Brucer was trying to find anything he could on the Internet, that the photograph was of Richard Mulligan.  Like I say, distinctive eyes.  Der B went to IMBD, and there was the title.  Almost nothing on the series itself there, so he had to trust my memory.

(Going back over a decade ago, der Brucer would pick me up at a bar/restaurant in Orange County called OZZ before driving us home.  Every night, they'd have Jeopardy on the television over the bar, and every night we'd be calling out the answers faster than the contestants.  Of course, we'd cheat and not bother to give the answer in the form of a question.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up