Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OVER THE WEATHER  (Read 55901 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: OVER THE WEATHER
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »

The daily HHW groan-tempter:

Two brooms were hanging in the closet and after a while they got to know each other so well, they decided to get married.

One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom.

The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo. The wedding was lovely.

After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over and said to the groom-broom, 'I think I  am going to have a little whisk broom!'

'IMPOSSIBLE !' said the groom broom.

Are you ready for this?
Brace yourself; this is going to hurt ! ! ! ! !

'WE HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT TOGETHER!'

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

What happened in the green kitchen, DR Singdaw?

I'm guessing the lettuce wilted.

Lettuce head, go to bed, your nose is red, your name is Fred, I'll kill you dead!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2008, 10:13:28 AM »

CONNECTICUT HIGH COURT PERMITS GAY MARRIAGE

HARTFORD, Conn. —  Connecticut's Supreme Court ruled Friday that same-sex couples have the right to marry, making the state the third behind Massachusetts and California to legalize such unions.
The divided court ruled 4-3 that gay and lesbian couples cannot be denied the freedom to marry under the state constitution, and Connecticut's civil unions law does not provide those couples with the same rights as heterosexual couples.

"The Supreme Court has spoken," Rell said in a statement. "I do not believe their voice reflects the majority of the people of Connecticut. However, I am also firmly convinced that attempts to reverse this decision -- either legislatively or by amending the state Constitution -- will not meet with success."

SingDawning could have saved a plane trip!

der Brucer

Laura

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. I went to the plant sale at the arboretum, so now I have lots of work to do this afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2008, 11:03:38 AM »

A classic misunderstanding of what happens on the ground:

"The only reason for fraudulent registration is fraudulent voting."

Not so!

Both parties pay folks a "bounty" for gaining voter registrations. A "bounty hunter" has a financial motivation to rack up voter registration cards, fraudulent or not. The hunter could not care less about whether the phony registration results in a fraudulent vote. Voter registration programs I helped manage would pay volunteer groups to set up voter registration tables outside super markets and in malls to solicit registrations - and we would sort through the forms prior to submission to cull out any obvious phonies (Pluto at a Disneyland address).

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. I went to the plant sale at the arboretum, so now I have lots of work to do this afternoon.

Do you need instruction on hemp cultivation?

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

"Go, Team!"

Obviously a scene from the Joshua Logan production of HOOSIERS.

Or the Michael Barnum production of Mikey in Wonderland!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »

Back from the long jog - pretty easy again, but interestingly, I barely broke a sweat, which is what I really wanted to do, and what I normally do - I'm usually dripping by the time I reach the halfway point.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »

I'm now sucking on a Coldeze and having some EmergenC in hot water.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »

Looks like the new Kritzerland title will in fact be up within the next few hours.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »

Did anybody watch LIFE ON MARS last night?

Frankly, I wasn't too impressed with it.

I enjoy time travel movies, but this particular premise just doesn't work for me.

Also, I thought that the Harey Kietel and Michael Imperioli characters were a bit over the top.

A bit?? ;)

I watched it and liked (but didn't love) it.  I then went to Amazon.co.uk and read some of the reviews (especially the negative ones) of the original British version, which only went for two seasons.  I knew that there would be spoilers and there were.  If the US version ends the way the British version does, I have no interest in continuing to watch the show. :-\

If it's with his death, then that's essentially the same ending as Mark Twain's  A Connecticut Yankee.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »

"Go, Team!"

Obviously a scene from the Joshua Logan production of HOOSIERS.

Or the Michael Barnum production of Mikey in Wonderland!

With all those shaved chests - I doubt it!

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »

I gotta tell you.

Ben

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »

I just got a nice surprise. I am the "voice" of the Foundation Center. When you call our offices if a human being doesn't answer the phone you hear me giving you various directions for what to do next. This past weekend I just recorded a series of 23 short bits (ranging from 15 second to 30 seconds) informing callers who are put on hold about various services offered by the FC. I knew I was going to receive a gift card to Barnes and Noble for doing it but I was originally told it would be $25. I got the card today and it's $50! I sent a thank you e-mail and was told they were so impressed by what I did that they felt I should receive a larger gift card. All I did was sit in front of my computer, turn on the recording software and read 23 different scripts and make 23 sound bytes and burn them to a disc. But they don't have to know that  ;D

I now must go to B&N this weekend to see what I can get. Perhaps the Sondheim Box Set (although I have practically everything on it).

Happy Me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »

What happened to "...but I'm done with Airborne and Coldeze..."

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »

Now...it's time for me to get ready for work.  I need to wear my "usher outfit" (white shirt and black pants) to work because I'm ushering tonight and I don't have time (actually, don't want to take the time) to go home and change.  Hopefully, I won't get my white shirt dirty.  It's been known to happen. ::)

;)

Until later!

DR George - Have you heard of these things called "hangers" and "garment bags"?  ;)

It would still take time and I'm being lazy.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »

Perhaps the Sondheim Box Set (although I have practically everything on it).

You mean the one with the never released "Evening Primrose" material?

der Brucer

George

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

~~~Vibes and Xylophones for Jose's Mother!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2008, 12:06:11 PM »

Prayers and vibes for Mrs. Simbulan!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Chelsea Barber! On the walk over from the subway I realized that it has been a while since my last haircut which was a few days before my birthday back at the end of August.  Almost a full seven weeks! And, yes, as I suspected, Max gave me that "Where have you been?" look when I walked in. However, since Max is Russian, his look was kind of sexy.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2008, 12:25:02 PM »

...And since Bertilda's chair opened up - Max had a couple more of his regulars waiting in line for him - I went ahead and had Bertilda cut my hair today. She's actually the owner/manager of Chelsea Barber, and she was the first person to cut my hair in NYC.  I asked her to give me a "winter cut", so instead of my usual "1 on the sides, 3 on the top" she started off with a "1-1/2 on the sides" then tapered up to a 4 on top. Aaahhh.... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »

And now... Shake Shack!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:09 PM »

I finished watching LIFE ON MARS, and enjoyed it very much....enought that I will tune in next week. That lead actor guy is quite good. I had never heard of him before. I also liked the policewoman.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »

I just got a nice surprise. I am the "voice" of the Foundation Center. When you call our offices if a human being doesn't answer the phone you hear me giving you various directions for what to do next. This past weekend I just recorded a series of 23 short bits (ranging from 15 second to 30 seconds) informing callers who are put on hold about various services offered by the FC. I knew I was going to receive a gift card to Barnes and Noble for doing it but I was originally told it would be $25. I got the card today and it's $50! I sent a thank you e-mail and was told they were so impressed by what I did that they felt I should receive a larger gift card. All I did was sit in front of my computer, turn on the recording software and read 23 different scripts and make 23 sound bytes and burn them to a disc. But they don't have to know that  ;D

I now must go to B&N this weekend to see what I can get. Perhaps the Sondheim Box Set (although I have practically everything on it).

Happy Me.

Fantastic!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Health Vibes to Mrs Simbulan! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kerry

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

I'll catch up on posts later.  Off to the doctor (cholesterol and all), then to a fitting (claiming I'm fat) and looking grim because Ive' been sitting choosing a hat.

Your turn!!!
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »

DR Ben - If you can use your giftcard online, you might be able to take advantage of some Internet only sales.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »

Did anybody watch LIFE ON MARS last night?

Frankly, I wasn't too impressed with it.

I enjoy time travel movies, but this particular premise just doesn't work for me.

Also, I thought that the Harey Kietel and Michael Imperioli characters were a bit over the top.

I knew that there would be spoilers and there were.  If the US version ends the way the British version does, I have no interest in continuing to watch the show. :-\

LIFE ON MARS POSSIBLE SPOILER

The pilot makes fairly clear that we are believe that he is (or believes he is)still in 2008 and in a coma.

der Brucer

I understood that before I went to Amazon.co.uk. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:01:28 PM by George »

George

« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »

If it's with his death, then that's essentially the same ending as Mark Twain's  A Connecticut Yankee.

What I wonder about is how the original British series ended (he didn't die...but there was a specific twist, if you will) and the dissapointment that an Amazon.co.uk reviewer felt and wrote about and if the American version will use the same ending/twist.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:04:47 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »

Okay, I'm done with Airborne.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up