Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO  (Read 60864 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:05:25 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were breaking up, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're breaking up with the elks - it's very sad.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: HYPNOPOMPIC!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »

I'm the only one in the jernt?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:21:09 AM »

I've had the midnight cocktail and there was enough Ny-Quil for a full dose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:21:22 AM »

And now I am in my cups.

FJL

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »

Wow, once again i'm the first post after BK.  I think that's twice in one week.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 05:46:48 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm listening to my parents and relatives talk about which Clairol hair color they use, and which store has the best price.  -Who knew there was a difference between "Black", "Light Black" and "Natural Black"?!?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 05:51:03 AM »

In a few minutes, we'll all be heading out to Aunt Sarah's Pancake House for breakfast.  My not-really-my-Uncle/godfather wants to treat all of us.  The excursion to Williamsburg is still not definite, but it's still being talked about.  So...

Aunt Sarah's has "Potato Pancakes" on their menu, which they claim are from an "old Irish recipe".  However, they've always looked and tasted like latkes to me, and they even serve them with applesauce and sour cream.  ;)

*Now, the Potato Pancakes at Perkin's are basically pancakes with shredded potatoes in the batter.  They're good too, but they're definitely not latkes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:53:22 AM »

Good Morning, Larry!

-And, once again, I'm sorry I can't accompany you to see Herringbone today.  Be sure to pass on my best to the composer. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 05:54:46 AM »

Good morning, all! I am up and getting myself ready for a long day out of the apartment. I've got to prepare a snack, tidy the apartment, and meet DR Ben and Skip around 10:45 at New Jersey transit in Penn Station.

I am very much looking forward to HERRINGBONE, since I know neither the play nor the musical version, although I do remember the original production with David Rounds, which I had wanted to see but could not afford to on the Drama Book Shop's top salary of $175/week.

I have nothing else to report.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 05:56:37 AM »

Good Morning, Larry!

-And, once again, I'm sorry I can't accompany you to see Herringbone today.  Be sure to pass on my best to the composer. ;)

DR Jose, you will be missed, but it will nice to spend time with DR Ben. I love visiting with Skip but i must remember to keep the conversation off of the PHI project or DR Ben will be completely in the dark.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 06:03:51 AM »

The little group of four for the last performance of HERRINGBONE today will be Skip, Larry, Ben and our dear neighbor Ann. 

Larry - Skip and Ann plan to leave here around 10:30, and will be taking a cab, so they should be at Penn Station by 10:45 for the 11:14 train.  I'm a broken record on this, and I know you know, but please make sure Ben knows to buy a ticket to Princeton, NOT Princeton Junction.  There will be hell (and extra fees  :) ) to pay on that little train ride from Princeton Junction to Princeton if you make that mistake. 

The theater is then literally across the street from the Princeton train station.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »

Train on track 9 leaving for Anaheim, Azusza, and Cucamonga.....

Bugs Bunny said that one in a cartoon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 06:07:12 AM »

Vibes for DR JOSE & Family....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 06:07:25 AM »

Leopold & Loeb.....DR CILLA LIZ you know the BEST people!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:08:09 AM »

We also had a PONG game which I bought for my three younger brothers.  Then I realized I would have to buy a small television set for them, because they wanted to play it all the time, and we couldn't watch TV if they were playing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 06:08:17 AM »

Sunday and a WORK day.  Oh well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 06:11:20 AM »

I am small again, but I shall work on it when I get home.  I know we were told how to fix it.  I just don't remember.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 06:12:43 AM »

More vibes for DR jose's mom. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My niece is over and she only has a few more minute left of her dora/diego dvd. So i must finish reading the posts and get dressed in this time! She can't really be left alone except if she's watching tv (then you know she won't move!).

Thankfully she woke up at 6:40am today (last weekend she woke up at 6am which is too early for me!).

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 06:13:13 AM »

Yeah TAR tonight! (probably delayed on CBS).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 06:17:13 AM »

Well, it looks like we won't be heading to Williamsburg today.  Which is OK.  This way I can take a nap when we get back from breakfast.  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 06:18:19 AM »

Train on track 9 leaving for Anaheim, Azusza, and Cucamonga.....

Bugs Bunny said that one in a cartoon.

DR J Rand58, you shrank!

Ben

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 06:41:06 AM »

Yep, one ticket on New Jersey Transit to Princeton, not Princeton Junction. I, too, am looking forward to this excursion. I remember hearing about Herringbone with David Rounds also but not being able to see it for much the same reason as Larry. Back then (in 1982) I was a starving actor and could not afford the price of a ticket. At the time I didn't know you could usher for free to see productions at Playwrights Horizons. That's how B.D. Wong saw the show and B.D. Wong is now doing the show at the Roger Berlind Theatre at the McCarter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 04:36:51 PM by Ben »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »

Good morning!

Cool and very breezy here this morning, but the high will be near-80, and it's going to be in the 80s all week. Thankfully, the nights will still be in the low to mid 50s so that no matter how much the house heats up during the day, I'll be able to cool it down at night. I can certainly live with that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 07:25:02 AM »

Though I am beginning on the NASH BRIDGES set this afternoon, I will definitely watch Thursday's SMALLVILLE and the rest of last Sunday's MAD MEN before starting on NASH BRIDGES. Since it's only 8 episodes and doesn't come out until Tuesday, I feel I have the luxury of time on this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »

SLEEPING BEAUTY has always been my favorite Disney cartoon since I first saw it. The immensity of it compared to the other Disney titles I had seen up to that point, those delightful fairies who reminded me so much of my grandmother and other close aunts with their fussing and dotty ways, and the marvelous adaptation of the music from the ballet. I am certain I have watched this one more than any other Disney animated feature. I remember paying to see it five times at the theater over the years. I also remember how disappointed I was when it came out that there was no soundtrack album. I bought Darlene Gillespie's Little Golden Records of "Once Upon a Dream" and "Hail to the Princess Aurora" as the only recordings I could find at the time of the music. Imagine my shock years later thumbing through records in a drug store LP record bin when there was the soundtrack for SLEEPING BEAUTY for something like $1.99!

Of course, *I* can't comment on the Blu-ray since it still has not arrived (it was sent to another reviewer by mistake and he put it in the mail to me yesterday so I won't see it until at least Tuesday and maybe not even then.) However, the Blu-ray set also contains a copy of the movie on regular DVD so I WILL be able to compare the visual quality of the two. Won't do it for the review (I'll compare it to the last DVD release in 2003), but will watch the regular DVD version for my own information.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:37:21 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

On TV Tonight!

ABC - EXTREME MAKEOVER, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS
CBS - AMAZING RACE, COLD CAST, THE UNIT
NBC - NFL FOOTBALL (Patriot vs. Chargers in my area)
HBO - TRUE BLOOD
SHO - DEXTER
AMC - MAD MEN
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:33:34 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »

Tonight, I'm going to watch TRUE BLOOD "live" and then watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and then as much of BROTHERS & SISTERS as I can watch until 11 p.m.

TRUE BLOOD is so fabulous that I can't wait another day to watch it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:55 AM »

SLEEPING BEAUTY has always been my favorite Disney cartoon since I first saw it. The immensity of it compared to the other Disney titles I had seen up to that point, those delightful fairies who reminded me so much of my grandmother and other close aunts with their fussing and dotty ways, and the marvelous adaptation of the music from the ballet. I am certain I have watched this one more than any other Disney animated feature. I remember paying to see it five times at the theater over the years. I also remember how disappointed I was when it came out that there was no soundtrack album. I bought Darlene Gillespie's Little Golden Records of "Once Upon a Dream" and "Hail to the Princess Aurora" as the only recordings I could find at the time of the music. Imagine my shock years later thumbing through records in a drug store LP record bin when there was the soundtrack for SLEEPING BEAUTY for something like $1.99!

Of course, *I* can't comment on the Blu-ray since it still has not arrived (it was sent to another reviewer by mistake and he put it in the mail to me yesterday so I won't see it until at least Tuesday and maybe not even then.) However, the Blu-ray set also contains a copy of the movie on regular DVD so I WILL be able to compare the visual quality of the two. Won't do it for the review (I'll compare it to the last DVD release in 2003), but will watch the regular DVD version for my own information.

I got my review Blu-ray yesterday, Matt.  It looks pretty darned spectacular, though there's just a tiny bit of flicker in the opening seconds which scared me for a moment (watch the green pennants in the background).  After that, it's beautiful.  I'm kind of between you and BK, opinion wise, on this one--it's not my favorite, but I like it better than BK evidently does.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »

Concert went beautifully last night and I must say I am *so* happy I booked this little choro mandolin/guitar duo that my Portuguese teacher recommended as our opening act.  The mandolin player was an unbelievable virtuoso, some of the finest playing I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up