Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAZILIAN WAX  (Read 65565 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BRAZILIAN WAX
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »

Laurette is sold out.

Congratulations, BK. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »

This 4-6 week closing is ridiculous since we're now into week 8 and the damned county, which I would think would have its act together before signing off on these property sales, still hasn't provided the buyer with the necessary paperwork for the closing. This is total bullshit, and i am starting to fear this closing will drag on until 2009. I'm mostly pissed because I wanted to use a small portion of the sale to pay for a Thanksgiving trip, shipment of about 25 more cartons to Miami University, and purchase of a couple of pieces of furniture.

Right now I'm very frustrated, and I could use more vibes to get this thing rolling. Now if we could only sell the rest of the three acres!

~~~Vibes for a Quicker Closing (and that's not a euphemism) for Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

QUICK LAND SELLING VIBES DR ELMORE!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »

! ! ! ! !  MORE QUICK AND EXPEDIENT CLOSING VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

What an interesting afternoon I've had. I did have steak for lunch which is a highlight (since I have it so seldom).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2008, 01:22:48 PM »

I had a very nice gathering today for my book discussion group.  Everyone thought the book, THE BOOK THIEF, was wonderful :)

I baked DR Tomovoz's Orange Almond Cake & it was a big hit.  There isn't any flour in it, just almonds ground with sugar, making it very moist. 

Now I'm off to take Sherlock for a hike.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »

As for afternoon viewing, I began watching MISSING, that marvelous Costa-Gavras political seek and find thriller from the early 1980s. Just as wonderful now as it was then, and I think I appreciate it more now that I'm older and have lost my father (so I can understand and appreciate more the father's intensity about finding his son). And with all of the information that has come out in the decades since the film was made about the US involvement in foreign political revolutions. And, of course, there's the ever-present portrait of Richard Nixon on the wall of the Embassy as the ambassadors spew out one lie after another to cover their tracks.

What a brilliant film.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »

Anyway, about an hour into the film, I hear a package hit my front porch, and sure enough, there is FINALLY the Blu-ray of SLEEPING BEAUTY. What to do? Well, I went ahead and finished watching MISSING. I didn't watch any of the bonuses. But I'll get to those tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

I must say I'm feeling much better today.  Still a little foggy and congested, but so much better than yesterday and the day before. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

I have this terrible desire to go buy a Parisienne cake and have half of it right now - as my meal o' the day.  I won't, but I WANT to. :)

I suppose I'd better be on my way to the work session now - I may not last all two hours, but will be there for at least ninety minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »

When MISSING finished, I immediately put in the Blu-ray of SLEEPING BEAUTY, and a beauty it is indeed. I did see the flickering in a couple of places that DR JMK mentioned, but otherwise, the color was so rich and deep, and the details in the backgrounds of those forest scenes were astounding. I paused it a couple of times just to study the artwork. Lots of details in the colors in walls I had never noticed before, etc. Beautiful.

The DTS-HD Master Audio track had substantial bass for the first time I've ever heard it in all the incarnations of SB that I've owned. Sometimes the directionalized dialog and singing wasn't quite audible enough for effective phantom imaging, but I admire the effort to bring what I've always considered an underwhelming soundtrack to much worthier standards to match with that breathtaking picture.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »

I forgot to mention that while I cooked and ate lunch, I watched another OFFICE episode from the 4th season set: the dinner party episode which is one of the funniest but most uncomfortable dinner parties in the history of TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

And obviously, I didn't get to watch AS THE WORLD TURNS or anything else this afternoon. Tonight, I'll try to catch FRINGE and ELI STONE on the DVR starting around 9:30 but must give the rest of the evening over to SLEEPING BEAUTY's bonuses.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »

DR George - congratulations on the recognitions you received from your employer!  Our annual Staff Day is coming up a week from Friday.

Along the same lines, I was informed this afternoon that there will be a retirement potluck for me on December 15.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »

DR George - congratulations on the recognitions you received from your employer!  Our annual Staff Day is coming up a week from Friday.

Along the same lines, I was informed this afternoon that there will be a retirement potluck for me on December 15.

Thanks!  And Congrats, to you, too! :)

FJL

« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

Speedy recovery vibes to Jose's mom!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »

I'll bring potato salad and green beans!  :)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »

Hmmm....but if Larry doesn't get to take his Thanksgiving trip, we might get to have him here as a guest at our Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm torn  :)

Anyway, vibes for everything to turn out the way Larry wants for the sale

Laura

« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2008, 02:06:55 PM »

I have nothing to say today except that I have been planting some shrubs.

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »

I'll bring potato salad

Hot German Potato Salad?    [he says, hopefully...]

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS to bk on selling out!    :D

Wait, that didn't come out right...

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »

***FINANCIAL WORKING-IT-OUT VIBES***
for DR elmore3003!

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2008, 02:13:02 PM »

I have some writing to do and then must head back down to continue with one of Mr. Disney's classics.

WBBL.

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

Click to see a male Brazilian Wax menu.

Not for the squeamish!!

Laura

« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2008, 02:18:21 PM »

My, my! The things one can learn on the internet.

George

« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

I just now (well, a few minutes ago) received the new 4-CD box set of Sondheim's music, "The Story So Far..." and there is a sticker that says "33 Rare & Previously Unreleased Tracks."  Looking at the back of the box, the unreleased tracks are marked with an asterisk (*).  The five "Evening Primrose" tracks are marked with a daggar and the note says "First authorized release."

??? First authorized release??  BK's "Evening Primrose" isn't "authorized??  What's that about?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 02:56:55 PM by George »

George

« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »

Things that I have won (in no particular order):

A portable CD player from Zero candy bar...I gave it to my dad because I already had one with more options.

A trip to Montery, California.  My sister had entered all our names and mine was the one that was picked.  I didn't get to go because my sister had just gotten married, so they used it for their honeymoon.

I've won several raffles and drawings here at work for various fund-raisers.  My favorite was a reproduction of a 1930s radio.  It's beautiful. :D

I've won one, count 'em, ONE sparkling prize from BK's Trivia Contest.

Twice (different years), I won a pair of tickets to a local theater group's productions.

Those are the big things that I can remember. :)

George

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

I also have won a sparkling prize, and it is one of my all time favorite CDs.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »

Click to see a male Brazilian Wax menu.

Not for the squeamish!!

The one called "The Pilot" looks like Hitler's moustache! 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up