Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAZILIAN WAX  (Read 65556 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: BRAZILIAN WAX
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »

I'll bring potato salad

Hot German Potato Salad?    [he says, hopefully...]

Not unless the menu includes hot pastrami and hot Reuben sandwiches.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »

Great baby pics. Congrats to DRs Ann and Jed!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »

DR MBarnum did you figure out what was happening on Facebook?  I see you deleted the items ;)

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »

What's that about?

Yes.  This has been discussed - I think while you were away.   :)

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »

re: last night's HEROES

SPOILERS

fjdafjaoifu a8f798a7f8a9f7s afauf auof uaoiudosiuaouf oau oasufopaufopusfopaus
udaofpuda ofpudaf uodauf 9pesau7f98dsa7f 9dsa 7fdsfds9f7dasf9d7sa9f7aa9
I did enjoy this week's show more than last week's. But there are still some things this season that i hate.  The main thing is that Peter Petrelli is a big part of the show. And he's a lot of people's fav. But they are totally ruining him this year. He was a big reason i've loved the show. But the directions they are taking him in are not interesting and i really dislike him as the villain.

I like nathan and tracey together. And find the linderman aspect very fascinating. I like finding out they were "created". And i do like the softer side of sylar. Cannot stand what they are doing with mohinder. Yuck. It was interesting the first week. But now it's a big turn-off. Especially watching him with maya.

I'm not sure how i feel about the claire stuff. The interaction with the vortex guy were quite interesting. But it seems like her character is all over the place.
I don't hate the stuff with hiro (since i love him). I like adam monroe so i was glad to see him back. I like daphne. So it will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

I think the most interesting and confusing part was the end. Finding out matt's father (mr. parkman) has been putting linderman in people's heads and that papa petrelli is alive. That took me by surprise. And that was one of the things i used to love about heroes. Surprises that take you by surprise and that are interesting.
fadfuopaufopa ufdaufdsa98f7daf98 7da9f7 a09ds7f 09a7ds f9dsa7f9dsa77a0\
fuafpud sa98 f79sa7f 98das7f98sa7f09sa7f 987saf9 7dsa97fdafs9f7a979879 7 9

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »

I am excited to watch ELI STONE tonight. Although i'm not sure if i will be awake. 10pm is late for me to really concentrate on tv.

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »

Today is the Canadian federal election.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

What's that about?

Yes.  This has been discussed - I think while you were away.   :)

Ahh...I guess I didn't pay attention when I was catching up. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

Good Evening!

Nurse Kate called my Dad around 5:00, and said that my Mom woke up for a few minutes, but then went back to sleep.  So, we're just staying put tonight, but we'll head over in the morning for the visiting "hour" from 10:00-10:30.  She also said that they were about to take out her breathing tube - which is a very good thing, since that means her body is returning to "normal" - and at quite a fast rate. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »

Goodie! LOGO is running a few back to back episodes of SORDID LIVES I missed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

I wonder if perhaps DR Kerry will have some exciting stories about jury duty this evening.

No, I have been given three group numbers, and two were called for today for after 1:00.  My latest group number was dismissed, but I was afraid not to show up.  Nothing happened.
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

DR JOse, I'm pleased to hear your mother is sleeping well, and the breathing tube has already been removed-GREAT NEWS!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »

In the meantime, I did head back over to Carytown.  I was a little dismayed to see a few more "For Rent" signs in some formerly open and occupied storefronts, but at least my favorites were still open.  I did go back to Bev's for a cup of ice cream: half Apple Cinnamon, half Coffee Heath Bar.  -Last night, I had half a cup of Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie, and half Cinna-Bean (cinnamon ice cream with chocolate-covered espresso beans - my favorite!).

I also stopped into Plan 9 Music where they had some great sale prices on some new and not-so-new releases, so... I have some new music to listen to on the ride back to NYC this weekend.  I then picked up a couple of holiday-scented votive candles at Mongrel, and while I was there I also got to catch up with my friend, Doug, who also owns and runs the store.  -It's a great store!

I stopped in a few other places: Jean-Jacques Bakery - they recently remodeled...  Tokyo Market - where I did not buy more origami paper... Merrymaker - I may go back later this week and pick up some stationery, and some of their Halloween decorations (all of which are only a dollar!)... Ukrop's - I just always have to stop into Ukrop's and walk the aisles for a bit... 7-11 - lottery tickets, ya' know.  ;)

All in all, a very nice way to spend the afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2008, 04:29:55 PM »

DR singdaw - So, are you planning another couple's spa visit for you and your DP?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2008, 04:32:45 PM »

I did go back to Bev's for a cup of ice cream:half Coffee Heath Bar.  -

Finally a flavor I want to eat ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

Goodie! LOGO is running a few back to back episodes of SORDID LIVES I missed.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day....

When we lived in Connecticut, I was a regular winner of the radio contests on WRNL.  In fact, I had won so often at one point, that I was "banned" from calling in (and winning) for a period of six months.  I won various prizes: t-shirts, tickets to the county fair, tickets to see The Fantasticks (my parents used those), tickets to see The Village People (I didn't bother to pick up those - I was only nine at the time), etc., etc., etc.

I also used to win various raffles: house plants(!), store gift certificates, restaurant coupons.

Lottery-wise, I've had a few nice wins, well, at least enough to almost break even on all the money I've spent on playing the numbers over the years.  -Oh, and my Dad just won $100 on a scratcher!

I won a few of the contests that the Smithsonian website would have from time to time: a small hedgehog stuffed animal, and a window card for Rent.

I was the Grand Prize winner one year of MTI's own website contest.  They would post a clue in the form of a limerick, and you had to guess the name of the show and/or the character.  I won an autographed copy of one of Steven Suskin's books, as well as the 3-CD Most Happy Fella on Jay Records (which DR elmore assisted on/with).  -And I was the Grand Prize winner since I had won a number of the weekly contests throughout the year - thus, I had also won a couple of other OCRs - including two copies of Secrets Every Smart Traveller Should Know :-\  ;)

I also think I've won a Sparking Prize from this here website too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »

I did go back to Bev's for a cup of ice cream:half Coffee Heath Bar.  -

Finally a flavor I want to eat ;)

Bev's also makes a Coffee Oreo, and a Mocha Almond which are quite good.

*Strangely enough, Ben & Jerry's opened up a Scoop Shop last year just a few doors down from them.  It's "strange" since B&J had already had a store in Carytown a couple of years ago - across the street from Bev's - but it closed down after just a year in business.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »

DR Jane - I also thought of you when I was in For the Love of Chocolate.  They had chocolate-covered strawberries, well marzipan strawberries that had been dipped in dark chocolate.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »

What does "First Authorized Release" mean?  Well, I'll tell you what THEY think it means.  It means they went to a lot of trouble to get permission that they didn't need, because Evening Primrose as a TV program was never copyrighted.  I got the only permission I needed - from Mr. Sondheim and his lawyer - that is who my deal is with.  The fact that these people went and paid someone a fee they didn't need to is not my affair, but to call their release the first authorized release is sheer and utter nonsense, and least as far as I can see.

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

DR MBarnum did you figure out what was happening on Facebook?  I see you deleted the items ;)

Never did figure it out, and haven't had any problem since.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

Back from the work session where we worked.  I've got my mail (no packages), and a Subway turkey sandwich and I shall now sit on my couch like so much fish.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »

And I guess now that I know that my Mom is on the mend, my body and mind are finally processing all the "stuff" from the past couple of weeks.  I'm feeling a bit sleep already, and it's not even 8:00 yet.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »

What does "First Authorized Release" mean?  Well, I'll tell you what THEY think it means.  It means they went to a lot of trouble to get permission that they didn't need, because Evening Primrose as a TV program was never copyrighted.  I got the only permission I needed - from Mr. Sondheim and his lawyer - that is who my deal is with.  The fact that these people went and paid someone a fee they didn't need to is not my affair, but to call their release the first authorized release is sheer and utter nonsense, and least as far as I can see.

Will you put that in your letter to the editor too?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »

DR MBarnum - It sounds like you got hacked.  -Must be those Bollywood fans.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: October 14, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

OH!

...And I also won a HP/Compaq PocketPC from Disney/ABC's website too.  That was/is a really nice prize.  Thankfully, my "contract" status with Disney Entertainment did not disqualify me.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: October 14, 2008, 05:05:26 PM »

It's pretty well known that I don't drive.  (Even after promising that I would, but we haven't gotten around to it yet, and I haven't had much time off from work so that I can get in much or any practice.)

So, years ago, it provoked a good deal of laughter when I won a door prize at the office Christmas party: a complementary lube job for my car.

On the other hand, that's what someone considered a Christmassy door prize?  Sheesh.

There have been many Christmas Eve's when I would have killed for such a door prize.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »

BK, I'm assuming that the tracks of both releases are mono.  It's hard to tell with the Kritzerland tracks...they're so vibrant. :D The new "authorized" tracks are quite flat and VERY noticeably mono. :-\

A couple of other differences...what is called "Charles' Schedule / If You Can Find Me, I'm Here (reprise)" on the Kritzerland CD is called "Arts and Crafts" (the first words of the track).  Also, the "authorized" version lists "I Remember Sky" as the title.  It's NOT.  The title has always been "I Remember"...no "Sky" in the title.  "I remember sky..." is the first line of the song, but not the title.  Someone didn't check that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2008, 05:10:47 PM »

Did you at least change your password?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up