Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE  (Read 31834 times)

FJL

Re: THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »

If I were in the third grade, I might ask whether, upon his finishing his audition, someone asked "Are you Dunn?"

but alas, I'm not in the third grade.

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »

I haven't gotten a darn thing done at the office for the past two days.  I've been going back and forth with the salesmen from LexisNexis and WestLaw.  The Lexis guy was so rude this morning I couldn't stand it.  So that helped me make my decision really quickly.  I really HAVE to get something accomplished tomorrow. Sheesh!

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »

Oh, and Westlaw is ssaving me lots of money and giving me a better data base. I'm very happy about it

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

I agree about HUSH, HUSH, SWEET CHARLOTTE. I definitely think it was a horror film. It certainly scared the crap out of me when I was a teenager.

I also agree with those who have mentioned THE HAUNTING, and I'm angry I left it off my list.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

I finished PROJECT RUNWAY. I would have reversed the first and second place finishers, but otherwise, I was satisfied with the results and with the fashion show itself.

This season wasn't quite as entertaining as last season for me, and I'm glad it's finished for awhile. It'll be nice to take a breather from all that drama and relax into fictional prime time TV shows.

Matt H.

« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »

I had time to watch MURDER OVER NEW YORK, another Charlie Chan mystery. I had never seen this one, and I did not guess the identity of the murderer which really disappointed me though I didn't think the clues were presented at all and so it really was just a guessing game with nothing really to base an opinion on.

Matt H.

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

I really enjoyed seeing Gio again (Freddy spent his summer working out; his arms looked at least an inch thicker), and the Hilda/coach story was bittersweet and lovely. Glad to be done with D.J., hopefully for awhile.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »

I finished PROJECT RUNWAY. I would have reversed the first and second place finishers, but otherwise, I was satisfied with the results and with the fashion show itself.

This season wasn't quite as entertaining as last season for me, and I'm glad it's finished for awhile. It'll be nice to take a breather from all that drama and relax into fictional prime time TV shows.

Is the whole transfer over to Lifetime still up in the air at this point?  I haven't seen much about the injunction lately.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »

I enjoyed GREY'S ANATOMY tonight even with a grumpier than ever Derek. I loved Izzie's stand. And the dermatology wing was a scream.

Matt H.

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2008, 08:17:43 PM »

Is the whole transfer over to Lifetime still up in the air at this point?  I haven't seen much about the injunction lately.

Yes, it is all up in the air. At this point, PROJECT RUNWAY is in limbo even though they're filming the next season in L.A. anyway.

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »

I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting today.  I bought what looks like a good cookbook and discovered the web tools will take your recipe and make it more healthy.  It's worth a try on some of my favorites.  I think I'm going to like this

Matt H.

« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »

LIFE ON MARS had another intriguing episode. The pushy neighbor was a bit much, but I guess he has to make SOME friends not connected to work. I guessed about one of the guilty parties pretty quickly. Lee Tergesen is always adorable with short hair.

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2008, 08:35:38 PM »

How can tomorrow be Friday already?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

Back from the event.  I absolutely should not have gone and I knew it the minute I walked into the bar - I felt crappy, my cough was ridiculous, I'm having trouble breathing, suddenly I'm starting to be achy (I thought this was OVER!), and there was air conditioning on in the bar.  It was a nice, crowded event - lots of soap opera people I didn't know (but I met several of them) except for Kevin's co-star on Days, Patrika.  I was photographed on the red carpet (apparently I was considered a celebrity), interviewed for some website, etc.  The minute I got into the bar, a lady approached me with a DVD cover for The Faculty, and asked me to sign it, which I happily did.  I met a few people, saw a friend of Barry Pearl's, but I couldn't have a conversation with anyone because it was so loud and my voice is so weak it was just impossible.  I stayed longer than I should have, mostly nursing a Diet Coke.  After about ninety minutes I took my leave.  Then traffic on Sunset Blvd at eight-ten on a Thursday night was absolutely reprehensible - AND for no reason other than people driving like morons. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »

I'm now home, trying not to be achy and have the chills - drinking some EmergenC in hot water is helping a little.

Laura

« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »

Awww. I hope you feel better in the morning, BK.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »

I'm now home, trying not to be achy and have the chills - drinking some EmergenC in hot water is helping a little.

Hmm... Sounds like you might need anti-biotics.  Can you see a doctor?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »

Yep, sounds like what you have has developed into the flu of some kind. I'd stay in as much as possible and continue drinking your fluids (and take some aspirin or substitute.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »

I hate anti-biotics or anything stronger than what I'm taking.  I'm hoping it's just because I was out when I shouldn't have been.  The warm water has helped.  I'm still going to try and not do Ny-quil tonight, but if I continue to be achy, jogging tomorrow is a serious question mark.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »

-But that's cool about signing the souvenir from "The Faculty".  I guess you must have be on THE LIST.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »

My friend Hal called tonight and wants to go vote early tomorrow. I've never done this, but we're going to go. So, I don't know what time I'll be able to log on tomorrow. I suspect there will be a line.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46:48 PM »

It actually surprised me - I've never been asked to sign anything from The Faculty.

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2008, 08:47:44 PM »

Heading down now to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »

I hate anti-biotics or anything stronger than what I'm taking.  I'm hoping it's just because I was out when I shouldn't have been.  The warm water has helped.  I'm still going to try and not do Ny-quil tonight, but if I continue to be achy, jogging tomorrow is a serious question mark.

You really should never exercise when you're sick anyway.  Your body needs the rest.  Get the rest.  Just make the decision now to sleep in tomorrow morning, or at least just to take it easy tomorrow morning.  -And eat a decent breakfast too.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2008, 08:58:02 PM »

Luckily, my first meal o' the day will be breakfast - at noon, but breakfast nonetheless.  I'm so obsessive about the jogging and I've managed to do it every day, although the last two days have been really difficult.  We'll see.

You really should never exercise when you're sick anyway.  Your body needs the rest.  Get the rest.  Just make the decision now to sleep in tomorrow morning, or at least just to take it easy tomorrow morning.  -And eat a decent breakfast too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »

Everybody took a hike.  I don't have the patience to watch another motion picture on DVD - I watched one earlier and it was LONG.

Laura

« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »

I'd try to rest a few days if I were you, BK. Let your body recover a little bit.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »

OK... Sleep time.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

Topic of the Day:  Cannibal! The Musical! and Nite of the Living Dead! The Musical!

;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »

And since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up