Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMAGINE MY SURPRISE  (Read 31907 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:IMAGINE MY SURPRISE
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2004, 08:21:42 PM »

Sorry to read of your accident, DR Robin. Hope you are getting back to normal, and here are some vibes to help you:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2004, 08:38:57 PM »

I went to CAMP looking forward to it. I left thinking it was amateurish and stupid. As for Sondheim's performance, I think the only person who could have done a worse job of playing Sondheim is Andrew Lloyd Weber.

Panni

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2004, 08:49:35 PM »

I just turned on the TV and came across "Celebrity Spelling Bee"...  

Jed

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2004, 08:50:54 PM »

Further proof that they will televise ANYTHING now!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2004, 09:11:54 PM »

So instead you're living in Philly?  

Yep.  And I'm a computer systems architect, to boot.

Here's something for all the Peter Kastner fans who are here tonight:

"Who owns that fabulous face?
The ugliest girl in town!
Whose styles are setting the pace?
The ugliest girl in town!
You don't have to be a
Mia or Sofia
This is the year of the clown
Be the eekiest, creepiest, ugliest girl in town!"

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2004, 09:17:50 PM »

I actually also came across Celebrity Spelling bee tonight.

It was quite entertaining.

But I don't understand why they didn't ask the little boy genius when they weren't sure of the correct spellings.

It really didn't seem fair. But there was this little boy - spelling bee champ. And the players were allowed to ask him whenever they wanted (except for the speed rounds).

I know this was for charity, but I cannot believe that some celebs were willing to make such fools of themselves.

Wow!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2004, 09:19:22 PM »

Say, where in tarnation IS everyone?  I'm trying to learn what they wrote for me for tomorrow, but my mind is so not used to learning things by heart I just don't know what I'm going to do, other than write a condensed version of it on my clipboard that I'll have, just so I don't make an utter fool of myself.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2004, 09:22:54 PM »

I forgot to answer today’s question.
TIVO: FOR HEAVENS SAKE

Good night.

Panni

« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2004, 09:33:58 PM »

Alice Cooper was one of the contestants on Celebrity Spelling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2004, 10:00:44 PM »

Denizens of the world, unite!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2004, 10:04:44 PM »

I'm watching Camp.  I'm afraid I'm going to have a minority opinion on it, so if you love this film, skip that paragraph in tomorrow's notes.  That is, IF I don't shut it off before it's over.

I just bought it last night.  I've only watched bits and pieces of it, but what I've seen, I thought was cute...so far.

Today (just a few hours ago, actually) I pre-ordered "Kritzer Time!"

In my CD player at work:  nothing all day.  I have a stack of CDs at work and I didn't listen to anything.

Just received in the mail:  the CD to ABBAcadabra with BONUS TRACKS from DR Tomovoz!  Thanks!

In my DVD player (for tomorrow):  "CAMP"

That's pretty much it for the media check.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »

There were a few questions earlier about Graham Kerr.  For a short bio, there's the one offered by The Food Network.  Extract:

The Galloping Gourmet ended in 1971 after a tragic accident left Graham temporarily paralyzed and Treena suffering from long-lasting complications. Following years of rehabilitation, they co-founded Creative Lifestyle International, an organization that teaches people how to live better with less money. But more tragedy was to come: Treena's heart attack in 1986 prompted Graham to create a new cooking style called "Minimax," food with minimized health risks and maximum aroma, color, texture and taste. Both Graham and Treena have since fully recovered.

On the other hand, there's his own website, from which I've extracted the following quotation:

Obesity and overweight are two such effects that lead to heart disease, hypertension, Diabetes and some cancers. The center for Disease Control estimates that over 300,000 die annually from diseases directly related to excess consumption.

Efforts to reduce weight and lessen risk currently cost $38 billion annually with an estimated 90% failure rate (expressed as weight loss maintained over 5 year period.) These statistics are interesting when compared with the US budget for Home Land Security that is also $38 billion. At this date we have suffered the death of 2,883 citizens (of many nations) on 9/11. Our death rate ratio therefore is 100 to 1 in favor of our own self destruction through excess consumption.

As I see it, Graham seems to have gone off the deep end here.  To take one event (the destruction on 9/11) and trivialize it to support another event (weight loss?) ends up trivializing the second event as much as the first.

(Yes, I confess, I've picked up the word "extract" from der Brucer.  I just hope I'm better at showing which parts are the extracts and which aren't.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2004, 10:06:05 PM »

BK, you haven't answered my question regarding character actress Dorothy Neumann so I will repeat it.

Did you ever work with or know character actress Dorothy Neumann?

Panni

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2004, 10:06:47 PM »

I can't believe it's not 2 AM (Well, I'm sure it is, somewhere). This has been the longest day....L   O   N   G

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2004, 10:39:37 PM »

Good evening!

I actually feel like I've had a long day too.  And I'm kind of tired and sleep now.  -Which is early for me. ;)

But that's a good thing since I'm planning on attending a master class that Shirley Verrett will be giving at 10:00 tomorrow morning.  10:00am - that's early for me too. ;)

So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2004, 10:40:48 PM »

No, I never worked with and don't know Dorothy Neumann.

Ben

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2004, 10:49:03 PM »

Jane: re the calendar. I'm not sure someone is in charge of the calendar on a day-to-day basis. Something like Echo's birthday would have been added to the calendar by a registered user. Reader Birthdays are entered automatically when a person registers and adds their birth date as part of their user information. Other calendar information can be added at any time by any registered user. I don't think Echo is a registered user who picked a birthdate so the information was entered by someone who knew Echo's birthdate. The extra birthdays should be able to be deleted by the person who entered the information. For example, on March 4th, along with Panni's birthday, there is an entry for TD's opening night. On March 21st, there is an entry for TD's closing night. Most likely, he entered those events and he can delete them if he chooses. If he looks at the calendar in March on those dates there should be a red asterisk next to the event indicating he entered the information. The following is general information for all Dear Readers regarding the calendar. To delete an event from the calendar, go to the Calendar and the date where you have entered information. When you look at the calendar, there should be a red asterisk next to that information. You can click on that asterisk (position your cursor over the asterisk and a hand will appear) and it will take you to another screen where you are given the option of further editing that information or deleting the event. If you click Delete Event it should remove the post from the calendar. So, whoever has a red asterisk next to Echo's multiple birthdays can delete that information. Remember, you only see the red asterisk if you entered the information. If you didn't enter the information, all you see is the event. If any Dear Reader is perusing this long and confusing post and you remember entering a birthday for Echo, you can go in and remove the multiple entries (of course leaving the one correct date, you can check with Jane for that information).

I think also the Administrator of the board would have the ability to delete a post from the calendar, but the Administrator does not visit the board as much as the Dear Readers so he most likely doesn't know about the multiple entries. Perhaps our own BK as Global Moderator has the power to delete calendar entries as well. I don't know how the privileges are parceled out in that respect. BK, if you're interested in checking, you can look at the calendar and if the previously mentioned red asterisk appears next to Echo's birthdays, you can delete the entries.

It's 1:44 am in the morning here and I'm not usually on this late but I just got in from a performance and night out w/friends. I saw the entries about the calendar and Echo's birthday and thought I would try to clear up some of the confusion. I hope this long entry makes sense. If it's still confusing, let me know and I'll try to make it more clear.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2004, 11:05:41 PM »

When is Echo's actual birthday?

Panni

« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2004, 11:11:25 PM »

I think I'll get ready for bed and say good-night. But if I can't sleep, I'll come back. Good-night?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2004, 11:16:53 PM »

Me, too.  Goodnight Panni and BK (the only two others here right now).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2004, 11:24:29 PM »

BK - Jane said earlier that Echo's birthday is the 9th.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2004, 11:37:59 PM »

Then I shall remove all but the ninth.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2004, 11:41:42 PM »

Panni, yea pretty cool!

TCB our festival has begun.  What do you think of THE COMEDY OF ERRORS in a Vegas like setting?

Actually, Jane, I think that might work very well.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up