Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OFF  (Read 27416 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE DAY OFF
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »

LUNCH!!!!

a.k.a. The continuation of the "break" I've been on for the past hour or so. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »

DR Ann - You may want to make a slight cut to your vibes. ;)

There, I tried again.  I made fewer of them than I did the other day when it sent us in to widescreen, so I thought I was safe. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »

Maybe we should form a club?

Oooh!  And a secret handshake!!

Or at least a funny hat.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »

Maybe we should form a club?

Oooh!  And a secret handshake!!

Or at least a funny hat.

I like the funny hat idea.

Will it have ears?
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »

DR Ann - You may want to make a slight cut to your vibes. ;)

There, I tried again.  I made fewer of them than I did the other day when it sent us in to widescreen, so I thought I was safe. 

Oh, there I go causin' trouble again. *I forgot that my iPhone window is smaller than my laptop's, so... Spoo!

*You may replenish those Vibes if you wish. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »

Repeating my post from last night:

What is everyone getting at the DDD sale?  MattH, I'd especially love a list from you of "big" releases over the past few months--I always forget what stuff has come out.

I've been thinking of getting both Busby Burkley sets (thought I'm not sure if the 2nd one has come out yet.)  Also, the THIN MAN set.  And I'm hemming and hawing on the 3rd and 4th seasons of THAT GIRL (do I really need them?)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2008, 10:18:50 AM »

Yeah! It looks like I'll be going to The Met (again) tonight to attend the Opening Night of Berlioz's LE DAMNATION DE FAUST! Which means I'll also get to hear Patrick Carfizzi sing "The Brander". It will be the first time I get to hear him live and in person since I played for his grad recital at Catholic University almost 12 years ago! And I'll get to head backstage after the show too!!  :)

*And this production will be using some pretty cool and advanced computer-image trickery. The Met's website has a great video clip of the new technology.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »

Miss Rita Gam was in a movie with Miss Allison Hayes titled SIGN OF THE PAGAN.

I remember SIGN OF THE PAGAN.  I saw it 1st run at the (long gone) Orpheum Theater in Seattle.  Jack Palance played Attila the Hun and, I think, Rita Game played his sister.

Yep, it was one of those good 'ole Universal-International films of the 1950s that I love so much! Allison offs Palance with a sharp knife during the final battle scene.

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »

What is everyone getting at the DDD sale?  MattH, I'd especially love a list from you of "big" releases over the past few months--I always forget what stuff has come out.

I've been thinking of getting both Busby Burkley sets (thought I'm not sure if the 2nd one has come out yet.)  Also, the THIN MAN set.  And I'm hemming and hawing on the 3rd and 4th seasons of THAT GIRL (do I really need them?)

Marlo is hard to resist!

singdaw

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

Calling DR George...    :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »

Back from the annoying but quick errand.  Am now on hold with paypal.  I went to a gas station and filled up the car (2.65 for gas - pretty good and a lot better than the 4.70 I was paying for the entire rehearsal period of the Brain in Anaheim).  I used my debit card - normally, when you go inside and do that you say something like fifty on number eight.  They charge the card fifty and that's that.  If you use less gas than fifty they give you the cash back.  Not Shell.  They do that sickening thing I loathe of pre-authorizing the card for fifty, then charging you the exact amount - but the fifty stays debited from your account for at least five days.  Happily, I'd used my paypal card and I called them and they removed the pre-authorization charge and that money is now back in my account.  I think someone should sue these companies for doing the pre-authorization and then the charge because basically you are out whatever the amount of the pre-authorization is for five business days - they have no right to take your money for one hour let alone five days.  So, for five days instead of having paid $37 you've paid $87.  Seems illegal to me.

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2008, 10:25:53 AM »

And is no one getting the Fox/MGM Hollywood Musicals Collection?  50 films on 61 DVDs - only $375.00!!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »

Miss Rita Gam was in a movie with Miss Allison Hayes titled SIGN OF THE PAGAN.

I remember SIGN OF THE PAGAN.  I saw it 1st run at the (long gone) Orpheum Theater in Seattle.  Jack Palance played Attila the Hun and, I think, Rita Game played his sister.

Yep, it was one of those good 'ole Universal-International films of the 1950s that I love so much! Allison offs Palance with a sharp knife during the final battle scene.

I think it starred Jeff Chandler.  Terrible actor, but likable.

Ben

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »

Ooh, Ooh, I could go for that one too. George has more video and foreign MT stuff than me but I have all the CDs, including a Japanese Christmas CD. I've loved them since I first heard them in the 70s.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »

And is no one getting the Fox/MGM Hollywood Musicals Collection?  50 films on 61 DVDs - only $375.00!!

Unfortunately, with the exception of 1-2 Eddie Cantor films, every title is a re-release. 

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »

Oh gosh, yes, Jeff Chandler is one of my favorites!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »

The original Cochise. 

The funny thing is that my friend, Michael Ansara, who did the role on TV, is better remembered for that part.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »

Ooh, Ooh, I could go for that one too. George has more video and foreign MT stuff than me but I have all the CDs, including a Japanese Christmas CD. I've loved them since I first heard them in the 70s.

I wonder if DR George has a copy of MARY'S INCREDIBLE DREAM--a Mary Tyler Moore song and dance CBS special about the history of mankind and its Armageddon.  The Manhattan Transfer were among the special guest stars (yep, TMT + MTM.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »

Brave Mommy vibes to DR Ann!

Ditto. 

Vibes the the biopsy for DFIL finds an easy fix for the problem.

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »

Busby Burkley sets (though I'm not sure if the 2nd one has come out yet.) 

It has.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »

Since I have them ALL, the "collection" is not on my shopping list.  ;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »

The original Cochise. 

The funny thing is that my friend, Michael Ansara, who did the role on TV, is better remembered for that part.

Not surprising...Ansara was seen by millions of people weekly over many years.  Chandler's portrayal was in a movie that isn't on the all-time list of boxoffice champions.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:56:30 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »

I used my debit card - normally, when you go inside and do that you say something like fifty on number eight.  They charge the card fifty and that's that.  If you use less gas than fifty they give you the cash back.  Not Shell.  They do that sickening thing I loathe of pre-authorizing the card for fifty, then charging you the exact amount - but the fifty stays debited from your account for at least five days.  Happily, I'd used my paypal card and I called them and they removed the pre-authorization charge and that money is now back in my account.  I think someone should sue these companies for doing the pre-authorization and then the charge because basically you are out whatever the amount of the pre-authorization is for five business days - they have no right to take your money for one hour let alone five days.  So, for five days instead of having paid $37 you've paid $87.  Seems illegal to me.

That is annoying enough on a credit card, but a CASH debit! :o

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »

Very distressed to read this morning that Fox will be moving BONES to Thursday night at 8 in January once AMERICAN IDOL comes back on the air. HOUSE will move to Mondays at 8.

Argh! :(

That negates my capacity to record it as I've two other shows recording at that time.  Oh, for a DVR that records 4 programs simultaneously!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »

Exclusively at Williams-Sonoma, while supplies last...

I've seen shows on which chefs ooh! and aah! over potato ricers and exclaim that EVERY kitchen should have one.

But.....I've never yet read a recipe that said "rice your potatoes".

What dishes would I make that would cause me to spend $32 (plus tax and shipping) on a potato ricer?  (And that's not a trick question -- I've bought plenty of gadgets that I might have only an occasional use for).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Pumpkin Whoopie Pie!!!  YUM!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »

Marlo is hard to resist!

Not if you had to deal with her and her secretary at the Drama Book Shop!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

Pumpkin Whoopie Pie!!! 

Is that a euphemism?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »

Marlo is hard to resist!

Not if you had to deal with her and her secretary at the Drama Book Shop!

I see.  An "Oy¡  No joy!" experience, eh?

singdaw

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2008, 11:05:56 AM »

What dishes would I make that would cause me to spend $32 (plus tax and shipping) on a potato ricer? 

Beats me!  [pun intended]

I was posting it more as a lark than anything.  I don't own one, myself.  And at $32+,  I'm not likely to anytime soon!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up