Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: COMPLETE FEET  (Read 16672 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: COMPLETE FEET
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »

And speaking of William Shatner, I'll be working on STAR TREK - Season Three all weekend. Shows of this vintage have episodes that come very close to BEING an hour in length, so it takes much longer to get through a box set of those shows than it does to get through a set of, say, NCIS today. Each episode then is about 10 minutes longer than episodes today meaning that a typical box set adds about 240 minutes to the viewing time.

No, Matt...episodes today are about 10 minutes shorter than they used to be.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »

And the check is here! Wow! It's almost an extra thousand than I'd remembered ($800+). Excellent.

Congrats on finally receiving the check, Elmore!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »

Does your office do Secret Santa gifts?

der Brucer

This is hysterical!! :D

George

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2008, 12:01:52 AM »

I will never cease to be amazed.

I am reminded of the comments from my High School faculty upon rejecting our application to form a Rocket Club:

Rocketry is too frivolous a pursuit for serious students.

der Brucer

Does anyone else go to the Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive??  I've been going to this site for quite a few years.  It's incredible what's being discovered about outer space.  And many of the pictures make for incredible desktop wallpaper! ;D

I know that this takes us into VISTA-VISION, but it's the end of the day. ;) Anyway, click HERE for the full-sized (huge) version.

George

« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

Back from the wedding and reception.  It was beautiful. 

When the minister said, "By the power invested in me by the State of Connecticut, I now pronounce you...married," the packed church of 700 stood, clapping and cheering, and I wept profusely.

My friends have been a couple for 35 years.  What had been planned six months ago as a small, simple "commitment ceremony" grew into a huge marriage celebration, aided by good timing and the ruling of Connecticut's Supreme Court.

It was a good day.    :)

That's a lovely story, Singdaw. :)

George

« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »

No sign of a Drowsy Chaperone, DR JRand58...

:)

I'll be seeing one tomorrow, at about 1:30 pm PST. :D I need to get to sleep soon so that I may be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning.  My friend Margo and I are seeing the matinée of the touring production of The Drowsy Chaperone at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle!  I can't wait! ;D

George

« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14:40 AM »

...Although, since I'll be attending a joint voice recital tomorrow afternoon - my friend Patrick Carfizzi is sharing the bill with Heidi Grant Murphy tomorrow afternoon at The Morgan Library - that may be enough "cultcha" - as opposed to "kulcha" - for me tomorrow.  ;)

Cool!  I went to Western Washington University with Heidi Grant Murphy (for one year)!  I transferred in as a junior when she was a senior.  We only had concert choir and one other music education class (I think) together, but we were in the music department halls at the same time.  I don't doubt that she now has no idea who I am. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up