Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEPING BEAUTY  (Read 18185 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SLEEPING BEAUTY
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2008, 08:02:37 AM »

It's not what you think...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2008, 08:06:26 AM »

The Power of Food... :)  *Recipe included.

Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »

Updating the story of Annie:

We kept her locked out of the bedroom last night and, except for a couple of sad Meows early on, we never heard a peep (i..e. a Meow) from her until around 5:30. 

That only lasted a couple of minutes, then around 6:30 we got up and fed her.

Maybe in another day or two, the situation will be rectified.

Fingers-crossed.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2008, 08:21:13 AM »

Heading down now to get laundry sorted for washing this afternoon, and then I'll start thinking about what's for lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »

I'm up.  I would say the sky is blue, but to the north and to the west the sky is a little brown, presumably from the fires in Sylmar.  I lived in Sylmar in 1970 with my ex-wife's parents - their home was newly-built, part of a tract house area of very nice houses.  It's where my darling daughter spent her first eight months.  I cannot imagine that house survived this fire.

Danise

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 08:38:09 AM »

Good morning all.   

I spent this morning unpacking.  A bit late, I know, but it really was the first chance I had.  I'm washing the clothes I wore as we speak.

Glad to hear that things are settling down for DC Annie.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2008, 08:41:34 AM »

DR Danise - I either unpack the day I get back from a trip, or I "wait" a week too.  Sometimes it just works out that way.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »

Isn't it hard to believe that it was 2005 when some of us met in NYC?  My how time does fly!   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:33 AM »

Oh...

For those DRs who happen to be FB-ers too - on Facebook that is...

There seems to be some "hack" going around.  Do not click on any links that say that your photo has been posted  "all over" some other website.  It's all spyware, malware.

It may be a good day to change your password(s).
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2008, 08:44:04 AM »

DR Danise - I either unpack the day I get back from a trip, or I "wait" a week too.  Sometimes it just works out that way.  ;)

It's the worst part of the trip--the packing and the unpacking.  The before worry that your forgetting something and the after means your trip is well and truly over. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »

Oh...

There seems to be some "hack" going around.  Do not click on any links that say that your photo has been posted  "all over" some other website.  It's all spyware, malware.

Done! :)  Thanks, DR Jose. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »

It's the worst part of the trip--the packing and the unpacking.  The before worry that your forgetting something and the after means your trip is well and truly over. 

-Which is why I try to unpack right when I get back.  No "postponed" post-trip reaction.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »

The friend who's accompanying me to the knitting fair is due within the hour.  Before that, I must rearrange our freezer to make room for the turkey that Rob and Mary Linda are bringing back from her parents' farm in Michigan this afternoon.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2008, 08:49:09 AM »

Vibes for DH Richards cough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »

OK!

Now it's time for Brunch, and then it's off to The Morgan Library for another dose of vocal artistry.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »

I have more work to do around the house as well. 

Laters all!  Have a wonderful day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »

I have my laundry in the washer.
I have running around to do today for a cousin's baby shower (yesterday we made a huge pan of stuffed cabbages for her).
After all of that, my accompanist Matt is coming over for the first time in at least five weeks - shows (for him) and that nasty cold for me) have not allowed us to get together for a 'songfest.'
Of course, it is also good teevee night.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

[/quote]

I had not heard of this - is it on DVD?

[/quote]

Did you change your Debra email address now?  You should have received something about the show.  I will forward the info to your vixmom address.

It should air again on November 21st.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »

Oh...

If they post Sherlock's puppy photo all over other sites, I guess that is ok ;).

If I do receive a message my photo has been posted on other websites, I can just delete the message & then I can't be hacked-right?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

Lazy bones over here in the City Of Studio, but I must get off my well-worn but firm and toned butt cheeks and do the long jog.  Hopefully the sky will be blue facing east, which is the way the first half of the jog goes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »

!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Last night I watched ACCIDENTAL FRIENDSHIP, written and co-produced (I believe) by our former DR Panni.  I liked the cast, and it was great to see Ben Vereen, but I think I'm too close to the harsher realities of the homeless that I couldn't buy the film's premise, even though I applaud the motives behind the production.

Around 1981, I was walking back from lunch break to Patelson's Music, feeling very good about the trip and a purchase, only to be punched in the face by a homeless man who clearly didn't like the smile on my face. I went back to work with a bloody nose and a bloody shirt. I've seen too many homeless men and women, who shouldn't be seen naked, dropping trou for a public demonstration of urination and worse, and I've been on too many subway cars, as well as when I was working at Barnes and Noble, to know that the homeless are in dire need of a bath, deodorant, and delicing. The Catholic church across from me has a daily soup kitchen in the morning and I've found the homeless who line up - and fight - around 7 am for coffee and a sandwich, sleeping in my lobby, using the incinerator closet for a toilet, and dealing drugs.

So I had a hard time buying the premise of this lady cop with her own issues getting too close to a homeless woman and befriending her and her dogs; I certainly wouldn't take the animals home before bathing them and giving them flea and tick collars! As I said, I thought the motives behind the story -  redemption, reclaiming one's life, helping others - were all noble and well-handled, I couldn't buy the premise and I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

Nope, the Hallmark Channel.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2008, 10:20:05 AM »

DR elmore, regarding ACCIDENTAL FRIENDSHIP....  I too would have found difficulty buying the premise except for the fact it is a true story.

There are so many young homeless people in our small town I would like to think I could be so noble.  The most I do is carry dog treats.  While many of the dogs purpose seem to be to help the person beg, others are obviously loved & cared for as best as possible.

I do feel for you with what you have to deal with.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »

Good morning all.  I'm up, enjoying some breakfast and listening to DR Jed watch football.  Toby is having his morning snooze on my arm.  It is very foggy here this morning.  We heard the fog horns going off for the ferries early this morning. 

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »

Did you change your Debra email address now?  You should have received something about the show.  I will forward the info to your vixmom address.

It should air again on November 21st.

I do not get the Hallmark Channel unfortunately -  maybe it will soon be available on DVD  so I can get it from Blockbuster online
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »

Eight years, I cannot believe it.  I've been around for about seven of those years, thanks to DH Jed telling me about it. 
Let's see, favorite memories -
In general, watching the site go from the old-old comments on the notes page to this whole sophisticated set-up.
The old chat nights.  I miss those, they were fun. 
Seeing TCB in Oliver, meeting him for the first time, and realizing he must be Jed's long lost father. 
Meeting our dear Aussie boys, showing them Seattle, and watching Colin's face at dinner when I was served the most obscenely huge piece of chocolate cake on the face of this earth.  It took me four days to eat. 

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »

Well we are back from Church - teh Vixter sang beautifully - I pronouceed almost all of the words in the two Lessons properly and avoided tripping on the way up and down the pulpit so all in all we are proud of ourselves

It was a bit of an emotional time since I was serving the coffee between services today -  I havce beena member of this church since 1966 - there are elderly member who have known me since I was a little girl and there are members my age who I have grown up with and since I have taught Sunday School  preschool, kindergarten and first grade  classes for the past 20years there are few  "kids" 25 or udner that I haven't taught -

the news has spread and the outpouring of support and help has been overwhelming - I am truly blessed       

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2008, 10:59:24 AM »

I must run now since I am having my hair done  -- I want to get a decent family portrait before it all falls out

:D

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »

DR Vixmom, you are blessed.  Your story brought tears to my eyes. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »

DR elmore, regarding ACCIDENTAL FRIENDSHIP....  I too would have found difficulty buying the premise except for the fact it is a true story.

There are so many young homeless people in our small town I would like to think I could be so noble.  The most I do is carry dog treats.  While many of the dogs purpose seem to be to help the person beg, others are obviously loved & cared for as best as possible.

I do feel for you with what you have to deal with.

"Based on a true story" is one of the most overused lines in TV movie history - who knows how true the story was/is?

This is not exactly new - Anna wrote this for Lifetime years ago (maybe five?) - it sat there like so much fish, then went elsewhere, and ended up at Hallmark this year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

Back from the long jog.  I had an e-mail from the person who's supposedly calling - he hasn't found what he needed to find, so he says we still need to talk.  I e-mailed back and told him what he needed to find was somewhere in his office and that I wished he'd dig a little deeper and find it.  The conversation could be about more than finding this thing, which is why I need the vibes and xylophones - and I sort of resent that if he can't find what is clearly there somewhere, it's going to be on me to go deal with it.  I'm really annoyed about it, actually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up