Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: START SPREADIN' THE NEWS  (Read 24093 times)

Cillaliz

Re: START SPREADIN' THE NEWS
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

JRand, are you working on something wise for your 33,000 post

Cillaliz

« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »

The news just said you should go to the holiday light parade because you get candy thrown at you.  That sounds really mean.  I'd rather have candy thrown to me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »

Yes DR CILLA LIZ - and here it is.

It doesn't get any better.....watch to the end when they leap back over the railing and start to spin and completely CHANGE DIRECTIONS from clockwise to counterclockwise without batting an eyelash.

The best....for post 33,000, please to enjoy Mr Fred Astaire & Miss Ginger Rogers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ&feature=related
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »

Congrats on your milestone!!! And thanks for Fred and Ginger....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »

Joe Allen's is the place to be tonight, I guess.  And I will be watching The Amazing Race.

I have started to watch a show on the CW of all places.....it is called Valentine and it's a kind of romantic-magic show with an attractive young cast.  I have watched it twice, I hope it sticks around awhile.

Those who enjoy ELI STONE might like VALENTINE.....

The CW doesn't produce shows on Sunday night. They farmed the night out to another company and just broadcast them. The ratings have been nonexistent, and the company was fired. I don't know how much longer those shows will air.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »

Vixmom I am disgusted to read what happened to you. What a cad!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »

I finished the bonus features on the FRED CLAUS Blu-ray, none of which were really all that good. (apart from the commentary which gave more information on how things were done than were in any of the featurettes.)

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »

Next, I opened the LITTLE RASCALS/OUR GANG box set and put in the first disc. I will watch these in order. I had time to watch about six of them, the earliest of the talkies. I had never seen "Railroadin'." I'm guessing the sound was so poor that local stations just didn't bother showing it back in the day. All of the others came back instantly as I watched them. Just fabulous.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »

Glad to hear that bk arrived safely in New York!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

Continued vibes to Vixmom....

Love vixdad's remarks...

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »

I next watched tonight's '24' movie - REDEMPTION. It was OK; had good action and an excellent performance by Robert Carlyle. Cherry Jones will be a regular this season as the President, and Powers Boothe was as excellent as usual as the outgoing Chief Executive.

Certainly an acceptable set-up for the new season.

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »

The season finale of TRUE BLOOD was certainly memorable. Loved every second of it. Glad it'll be back in the summer of 2009. We won't have a wait a whole year for new episodes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »

Speaking of incompetence my niece really wants to get this cupcake maker she's seen for Christmas.

It was on sale at a few places this week including Walmart.  But Toys R Us sells the same one and is a lot closer. And they put this big fold out on their flier this week saying they match any advertised price and give 10% difference.

It is hard to believe people could be this incompetent. But I went to Toys R Us. Now this is their procedure (and i kid you not).

1. you go to the service counter and the person cuts out the advertisement and must call to make sure said store has item in stock (already here i disagree, because as long as toys r us has the item they should honor it, i'm assuming they put the announcement on the front page of their flyer because they actually want people to do this).

So guy does this (he tells us he usually gets hung up on by walmart)  :)

2. then you go to wait in long regular line except that cashier's are not authorized to give price matches.

3. cashier then calls service desk and he confirms price.

4. then cashier has to call supervisor who comes to do the price match.

5. Then cashier and supervisor have no clue about 10% additional price rebate (they have been doing this for years) so they call manager of floor who has to come with key and do this on giftcard (fine althoug stupid).

6. Then as if this were not stupid enough (do they really want people to do this??) the cashier being slightly dumb, presses the wrong key and has to delete the transaction.

So add 4 and 5 again (i am not kidding).

And they don't see anything wrong with this (this took 30 minutes).

To me how it should be done is how they do it a big chain called future shop. You bring in the advertised price at competitor. The cash gives you that price, and takes off 10% more right then.
Time to do this 2 minutes.

Sheesh....

That is almost as bad as doing to a store in Provo and them not having change for cash in the middle of the afternoon!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »

It sometimes amazes me how someone can make something so simple so convoluted...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »

DR Laura - Yes, I have looked in the freezer, the fridge, the crisper, the egg compartment...

jewelry box? Pencil can?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »

Great news PennyO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »

When I went to CVS to get my licorice and batteries, I forgot the two other things I went there for - I'll have to get them tomorrow night when I come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:42 PM »

Notes are written and will probably go up in about thirty minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs now and go to bed.

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up