Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW  (Read 16681 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

I do wish unemployment-vibes on the likes of said Chauncy if he indeed was playing such games.   Such mean-spirited behavior should be some sort of malpractice, or at least intentional infliction of emotional harm.

Vixdad's description is absolutely accurate - it was amazing how quickly things were remedied when I said I was calling the referring doctor to advise him and to ask for a new referral....I guess the thought of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical fees sent cold shivers down someone's spine

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

"This is absolutely curable"
[/b]

Hugs for Vixmom.

((((Tomovoz)))))

How're things downunder?

vixmom

« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

Today the Vixter tied up the computer again finishing the Catcher in the Rye paper but by 2 PM it was done after 3 drafts a final proofreading a cover sheet and fancy report cover

WHEW!

Then we went off to the Church craft sale where the Vixter manned the Youth Group booth

While she was there I went to the gym to cancel my membership and then home to attend to some laundry and such like           

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »

Vixmom, what a nightmare for you to go through, but very very glad the prognosis is so good.

Vibes for getting through the treatment as pain and nausea free as possible~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »

After I moved snow, I went down to the room in the basement and scrubbed the numbers off of the PVC pipes that go through the room I'm remodeling. Then I primed them.  I decided to sweep up the room and pick it up a little.  The dust from the drywall was so bad that I got a mop and sort of mopped it up (I didn't really do a great job, didn't feel like changing the water 50 times) but I did accomplish what I set out to do, which was to get rid of a lot of the dust

vixmom

« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »

I then collected the Vixter popped home for a quick dinner and then back to the church to hear the prospective new Pastor preach

Afterwards we had meet and greet and Q & A session...

although he seems pleasant enough I was underwhelmed by his performance -- his sermon was meandering and pointless - and he couldn't seem to keep track of where we were in the service although we were following the standard format in the utheran Book of Worship, which is the form he purports to use in his current parish.

Speaking of his current parish, they have less people in the entire congreagtion than we have in our Snnday School.  In fact we had more people at the Saturday night service (which is still less than half our Sunday Attendance for one of the services ans we offer two ) than belong to his current parish.

He was ordained only 6 years ago.  I just don't feel that he is up to the challenge of a large (well by local standards) church like ours.   

vixmom

« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2008, 09:46:33 PM »

Vixmom, what a nightmare for you to go through, but very very glad the prognosis is so good.

Vibes for getting through the treatment as pain and nausea free as possible~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you!!

vixmom

« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »

After I moved snow, I went down to the room in the basement and scrubbed the numbers off of the PVC pipes that go through the room I'm remodeling. Then I primed them.  I decided to sweep up the room and pick it up a little.  The dust from the drywall was so bad that I got a mop and sort of mopped it up (I didn't really do a great job, didn't feel like changing the water 50 times) but I did accomplish what I set out to do, which was to get rid of a lot of the dust

Did Juan ever come back?

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2008, 09:48:30 PM »

Then I got something to eat and was sitting here doing not much of anything and decided that I would paint the ceiling and walls.  So I went to Home Depot.  I'm beginning to like that place on weekend nights. I've had really helpful people there at night and no one seems to want to help during the day.  Anyway, the paint guy and I went back and forth between the laminate floor I want to put in and the Fresh Aire no voc environmentally friendly paint display.   There are limited colors available, so we went back and forth a few times.

He was so funny. He went through all the paint samples and picked the one he liked the best with the flooring.  Well, we went through a few so he got an idea what I was looking for...but he stepped back and said "This is the one I like the best" in a way that sounded like I was going to paint a room in his house.  It was actually what I liked the best too. So I got it....Honey Sand is the color

vixmom

« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

I suppose I should go pray on the vote I must make tomorrow.....to call or not to call?

I'll be E & T most if not all of the day tomorrow... church followed by special session with voting on whether to extend a call to this Pastor, followed immediately by the Vixter's church league BB game and then off to our friend's home for dinner

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »

So then we looked at the no voc ceiling paint.  The only color they make is bright white.  I wanted a white, but not bright white.  So he said he could put some colorant in it with voc, that it would be such a small amount that it shouldn't smell bad (the odor of paint really bothers me - so much that I'm sometimes amazed I keep painting things).   I said go for it. Turns out he'd never done it before and wasn't sure what it would do to the paint.   It colored it perfectly. 

vixmom

« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2008, 09:50:57 PM »

VIBES and Prayers for all with special  HUGS for  TCB, Tomovoz and Elmore

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2008, 09:52:22 PM »

OMG - how did I miss this?  Stan woke up?!

How wonderful!!!

Continuned prayers and Vibes for TCB's DF Stan!

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »

I came home about 7:30 PM and headed straight to the basement and started painting the ceiling.  Since it was all primed, it went very quickly.  Then I did the walls and I love it!  I haven't taken any photos yet, but with the texturing that Juan the drywaller did, it looks almost like stucco.  And with the laminate flooring, it should really look great. 

The Fresh Aire paint was great too. It cost almost 10-15 dollars more than regular paint, but I was able to do the whole room with one gallon - it covered very well- and it really doesn't smell.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 09:56:41 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »

Did Juan ever come back?

Nope.  One of the reasons I painted tonight was that I still have his nifty folding sawhorse/step ladder thing that is great for standing on to paint. I wanted to get it done just in case he calls to get it back
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 09:59:29 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »

I haven't mentioned my friend Steve lately.  He had his surgery in Rochester for his bladder cancer last Monday.  They were able to remove it and  make him a neobladder (from his intestine). It was a very successful surgery. They had him up and walking around by Tuesday and by Thursday he was eating solid food!   

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »

So...back to the room for a minute.  Now the hard stuff starts.  My parents will be bringing dad's power mitre saw on Tuesday.  I may have to get a coping saw or maybe one other kind, but then I will measure and measure and go back to Home Depot to pick out trim and to get the laminate flooring that I will install myself.  I've never tried anything like this before, But I really think I can do it and am looking forward to the challenge.  Oh, I do have to call an electrician, so that may set me back a little time wise, but my goal is to have it all done before Christmas.  I think I can do it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »

It's late and I'm tired, but I'm also dusty, dirty and have some paint in my hair, so I must go take a shower before heading to bed.

Night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »

Well, notes are up and I'm changing the day right now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up