Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OMELET IN A PITA  (Read 24203 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: OMELET IN A PITA
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »

Good morning, all! I've been online shipping holiday gifts and pondering my day. I have one chart to finish before tonight's chorus rehearsal, and I'm forced to be home today waiting for a staples delivery, so when I finish the chart, i'll go back to work on the Loesser score.

My best trip to New York, five years before I moved here, was in 1974 to see one of the first performances of CANDIDE at the Broadway Theatre. During the same trip, I saw PIPPIN, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, and FIND YOUR WAY HOME with Jane Alexander and Michael Moriarty.  I also saw several good friends from college, including my friends Matthew and Myra who came down from Boston, and had several wonderful meals in some very good restaurants I could never afford when I moved here.  I remember us leaving the Museum of Art and being caught in the St Patrick's Day parade before hitting the matinee of PIPPIN, and that may be the last time I saw Myra; by the time I had moved to Manhattan, she and Matthew had parted company. She died in the first plane to hit the World Trade Center on 9/11. She was a good lady.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:43 AM »

TOD:

Any of the choral tours of England that I've done.  Staying in one place for a week, usually in the Cathedral close, and taking day trips here and there while singing daily services in England's great cathedrals has been, for me so far, among my most cherished mountain-top experiences.

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  This is a one-day (Tuesday) work week for me.  Today I'm having breakfast with my friend Becky and then doing the major Thanksgiving grocery shopping.

TOD - Summer, 1996, DH Richard, DS Rob (then almost 11), and I took the first of our 3 big family driving vacations.  We were away 3 and a half weeks - made a big loop from here up to South Dakota, then across northern Wyoming to Yellowstone NP, then down through Utah to Zion NP, one night in Las Vegas (at the Luxor - Rob was in his "Egyptian" phase then), then 5 nights in greater LA.  While there, we did Disneyland on Friday and Universal Studios on Monday.  From LA, we drove to Phoenix and picked up my mom, who traveled the last week with us back here to Ohio.  That last week we visited the Painted Desert and Santa Fe, and then "hit it for home" for 4 days, stopping only to eat pizza, watch the Atlanta Olympics, and sleep.  It was wonderful family time and we made a lot of great memories.

We took a driving trip east in 1999, which was also pretty spectacular.  We went west again in 2001, concentrating on Colorado, which we had skirted around 5 years earlier.

Of course, my NYC trips have all been glorious, starting with my mom taking me there between my junior and senior years in high school.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »

Yesterday DR TomofOz received an email from Jabor Thani, a merchant in Qatar. His contact email  **@all4rams.com sounded strange to me. Even for an email of it is kind. It turn out that the "all4rams.com" is associated with AOL and St. LOUIS RAMS FAN MAIL!! Imaged a merchant in Qatar is a fan of American football!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »

TOD

My very first trip to LA
My last trip to Europe.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 05:34:55 AM »

THE SEARCH FOR DR JOSESPIANO'S KEYS INTENSIFIES...

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

Then there was the trip to Arizona -  the Grand Canyon was breathtaking and the Sonora Desert museum and the ancient cliff dwellings
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 05:35:38 AM »

Hawaii - with a one day trip over to Maui....

vixmom

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:41 AM »

and our Canadian trip through the Rocky Mountains - Jasper, Banth.... and then a trip across the prairies to the Royal Tyrell Dinosaur museum.... they found so many dinosaurs there they just put up the museum right in there and the whole area is a dig site...

The beauty of this world is amazing

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 05:41:43 AM »

From the Fed Ex tracking site, it looks as if Miami university Library is getting 37 cartons of crap today. I'm a bit concerned because the weight of some of thecartons, which should be between 20-40 lbs are weighed in as 2 lbs! I hope i's a Fed Ex error that they will correct before billing me rather than a situation in which the cartons have been stripped of their contents.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »

and I must go to work!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 05:43:57 AM »

I'm up after a fitful night of sleep - bed isn't too bad, but it always takes me a day or two to get used to a new bed.  At about four I awakened by some clicking noise happening outside the bathroom window - I shut the door and that helped.  I shall now attempt to drag myself to the exercise room, although I could wait until this evening instead.  So, I did a total of five miles yesterday, if google maps is correct.  Pretty good.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 05:47:55 AM »

After leaving John's Pizza, we headed over to the Regal Cinemas on 42nd Street to catch the 11:00pm showing of "Quantum of Solace".

-15 minutes of previews.
-One of the worst theme songs ever.  It sounded like they used a "detuner" on the voices.  The vocals literally made me flinch.
-Lots of actions.  LOTS.  Not too much dialog.
-Daniel Craig was only shirtless for about one minute.  :-\
-Again, lots of action.
-Well paced, but should and could have been trimmed by about 10 minutes.
-Turned out that I knew almost everyone else who showed up - I had played auditions for almost all of them.  -And one of them knew me from VCU.

I heard Alicia Keyes actually admit during an interview that she does not know the meaning of the words quantum or solace.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 05:54:49 AM »

... a situation in which the cartons have been stripped of their contents.

Maybe someone took out your stuff and substituted a little orange kitten.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 05:58:42 AM »

DR Jose, re: my calling Toys R Us. I'm not calling the store or writing a letter. And they have no email customer service.

The only way to complain is to call 1-800-toysrus and talk to customer service. that is even what the store manager said.

Ben

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »

Greetings on my pentultimate day before my vacation.

I have much to do and little time in which to do it.

My trips overseas have been marvelous, especially our trip to Dublin and Cardiff in 2005.

That's all for now.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:52 AM »

TAR from last night

SPOILERS

re: last night's the amazing race
fadsf89d7sa8fd 8saf08sa9fa0f89sa8f08a0-8fsa0f890sa8f 0-sa8f0-sa8f08dsa0-8
I really enjoyed last night's show, although i felt so bad for my favorite couple nick and starr. They really had bad luck with their cab drivers. Although they realy should have followed dallas and mom that 2nd ride. then they wouldn't have gotten lost. I really wish the show would let them use their own navigational skills more. I think that would put the burden on them. I really felt that they got screwed. I mean they do every task perfectly. Yet they had 3 cab rides from hell.
I was happy the passed the frats. They do seem nice enough (although that marching of one of them was the most awful thing i've seen), but i just think they are awful racers. And want them gone. They got lucky a few times in cabs. But they suck at every task. I was also upset it was a non elimination since they really deserved to go. Next week's preview looks crazy and i feel bad that one team loses their money/passport. No matter which team it is, that is awful. And hopefully they find it. One more thing re: last night's show, i wonder how long the frats had to sit outside that cab at the end. I wonder if they were forced by rules to sit there (i would have said i was going to check in at the pit stop and then come back to settle it). But i have a feeling it is in the rules that you must settle your account. They were lucky the guy accepted what they had.
afudapfudosa puopufdsa87f8-dsa 7f8saf80sa8f8da-098fd98af0-s8f080f8080-80

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 06:29:45 AM »

"This is absolutely curable"

The most beautiful words I've read/heard in a long time!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 06:36:30 AM »

Mornin' Folks!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »

I have a couple of memorable trips, though none very far away.

The first trip where I traveled to a new place as the only adult (no DH to be responsible and make decisions) was when I took DRs Sandra and Megan to Las Vegas. I had never been there and didn't know the way or what we'd find. We had a great (and clean) time.
Notable quotes:
"We don't have enough time to take a survey! We only have five hours to curtain -- and we have to go across the street!"

and

"Dam!"

Laura

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 06:54:40 AM »

I would like to ask for HHW prayers and vibes.

My sister was diagnosed with cancer and will be undergoing major surgery today.

FJL

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »

Vibes of all kinds to Laura's sister

Laura

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »

Thanks, FJL.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 06:58:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: ARGAL!

And The Song Of The Day Is: I THINK THEREFORE I ROCK 'N' ROLL

(I Think I Thank Ringo Starr)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 07:04:51 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...  And still no keys.  But, then again, I haven't really looked (again) this morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 07:06:51 AM »

-And I'm really wondering if I did somehow manage to throw them out/in the garbage and/or recycling sometime during early Friday evening.  Once I'm back from today's adventures, I shall make one last(?) search for my keys.  -And I also plan to go ahead and pack my clothes for my trip back home for Thanksgiving.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 07:07:24 AM »

~~~~~VIBES TO THE DEAR SISTER OF DR LAURA~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Australia!  Australia!  Australia!
Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney to be exact.
It was great for a number of things - which I believe I've recounted before - but...
1) I was going on someone else's dime.
2) I got to meet DRs Tomovoz and Colin in Melbourne, and they even generously hosted me for an evening at the abode.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 07:14:44 AM »

And I'd also have to say my first trip to Chicago... Where my first order of business was going to the Art Institute to see the Seurat...  Of course, I cried when I finally stood in front of "La Grande Jatte..."  But it was a good cry.

And most of my trips to NYC when I was in college were also quite wonderful.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 07:15:15 AM »

And now I need to get ready to head in for work.  Sorry for rushing.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up