Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH IN THE SKY  (Read 21333 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: HIGH IN THE SKY
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - SURVIVOR, CSI, ELEVENTH HOUR
ABC - UGLY BETTY, GREY'S ANATOMY, Barbara Walters special
NBC - comedies, ER

This is Barbara Walters' 10 most fascinating people of the year special I think.

Was it someone here who said that, based on her selections, Barbara Walters is easily fascinated?

Why should anyone CARE who her picks are? I find her specials unwatchable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 08:23:47 AM »

Page Three Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »

I'm heading down now to get cleaned up for lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

singdaw

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »

DR George - just got an email that my hard copy CD of The Glorious Ones is shipping from London tomorrow.   :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »

Barbara's appearances while shilling her book have been especially painful for me to watch.....I usually just change the channel.

I still remember the resentment from her colleagues when she jumped ship from NBC to co-anchor the ABC Evening News with Harry Reasoner....and her one million dollar contract.

But to pretend that she still has any NEWS credentials left is a bit sad on her part.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »

Generally, I do like Barbara Walters.  She seems a fun enough person as evident on her appearances on David Letterman.  And I find her interviews with celebs to be pleasant enough to watch.  But, yes, she can also be very pretentious, self-promoting and self-important. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »

I finally kind of have a day off, though it will be spent cleaning house and I suspect a new pile of review discs (including Mamma Mia BD) will arrive.  I will now reveal my utmost geekdom to say that one of the DVDs I'm most excited about getting to review is The Best of Password.  I hope it will have lots of the classic Ludden episodes.

I spent yesterday finishing choral arrangements for both The Falcon and the Dove (El Cid) and A Hero Comes Home (Beowulf) for my upcoming Pops concert devoted to film/Bway/tv themes.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:20 AM »

Last night I conducted my first joint choral/orchestral rehearsal for the Cantata/Oratorio we're doing for Christmas.  Unfortunately one of my new, quite elderly trumpet players grossly exaggerated his ability to hit anything close to the appropriate note.  I am hoping perhaps he figured out he wasn't able to play well enough and won't be back, or else I may need to gently suggest his talents might be best utilized elsewhere.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:23 AM »

my upcoming Pops concert devoted to film/Bway/tv themes.

I hope you worked up a nice treatment for the love theme from Death to Smoochy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »

The Best of Password!  Great show......except when Tony Randall was playing.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »

Speaking of game shows, I always used to love "The $20,000 Pyramid" with Dick Clark.     :)

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »

I miss Laura DR and hope that she and her sister are OK.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »

I know there are some fans here. NBC has announced that MEDIUM returns to Mondays at 10 p.m beginning Feb 2.

Thank you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »

DR MBarnum, Sherlock would love to play with Freddy. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I had a lazy morning.  Then I had a rushed morning.  And my afternoon has gotten off to a good start, and I have a break coming up in a few. Alas, it looks like my break will be filled with a flurry of activity.  But I'm here. 
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:43 AM »

DR elmore - Post-It notes and a pencil will be your shelf-assembly friends.

*Or I could just come over after I'm done at 4:30. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »

Generally, I do like Barbara Walters.  She seems a fun enough person as evident on her appearances on David Letterman.  And I find her interviews with celebs to be pleasant enough to watch.  But, yes, she can also be very pretentious, self-promoting and self-important. 

Some plusses, though, are that when she left NBC for ABC, it was her way of telling the world that NBC was -- and still is -- applying double standards when it came to their practices regarding men and women after a "certain age."  Men were glorified and women put out to pasture.  I've still never forgiven NBC for what they did to poor Jane Pauley...just forced her off the Today Show so that Bryant ("I Love Me, I hate Willard Scott") Gumbel took first chair and they brought in blonde Deborah Norville to do news and later moved into Pauley's spot (and NBC laid a bomb there, they did).   Katie Couric did to Bryant what Bryant did to Jane, and Matt Lauer never had a prayer of supplanting Couric.  But even Katie Couric defected to CBS when NBC would not consider her as a replacement for evening news anchor.   Not that Couric lit any fires at CBS or with the public as Dan Rather's replacement.  But the point was made that NBC found aging men more viable than aging women and preferred to preserve their biases rather than engage in positive social changes.

NBC...boo...hiss...!

And I loved Walters' sticking-up for Rosie and speaking out when Starr Jones was trashing "The View."

;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:23:24 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »

But I'm here.

Did you get through "Abie's Irish Rose"?     ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »

And speaking of shows closing...  Well, I can not say, I simply can not say. Right now.

:-X
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »

Speaking of game shows, I always used to love "The $20,000 Pyramid" with Dick Clark.     :)

I posted my favorite interchanges from that show just a few days ago.  "Not Tchaikovsky, the other one."  "Beethoven."  Priceless.  (And correct).

The show was really lame with Donny Osmond hosting--one thing about Clark was that he could always hone in on a missed subject during the prize round, give the player one outstanding clue, and the player would usually get the answer.  Osmond usually just stood there like so much fish (ooh, fish with legs, a Charles Darwin reference).

JMK

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2008, 09:58:40 AM »

Speaking of Katie Couric, her face is starting to scare me.  It looks like not only has she had Botox up the yin-yang, but her eyes are weird now, too.

singdaw

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »

Donny "Some of my best friends are gay (but they're damned to eternal hell anyway)" Osmond?   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »

When Hugh Jackman comes to Broadway as Houdini, his first feat will be to produce DR JoseSPiano's missing keys.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »

When Hugh Jackman comes to Broadway as Houdini, his first feat will be to produce DR JoseSPiano's missing keys.

Where, exactly, has Mr. Jackman placed said keys?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »

I still find it very weird that i get "article not available" for every article i click on at TARsucks and realitytvworld.

I was wondering if someone could print the text for this article:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/julianne-hough-may-be-in-dancing-with-stars-next-edition-after-all-8083.php

Thank you!

Btw, it had been reported that Julianne Hough would not be on next season's DWTS so she could focus on her singing career. I think this would be a big blow to the show (i know she is my fav dancer) and to her career. I know she might want to be a singer. But to me she is just a good singer, but an exceptional dancer. The show would miss her!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »

Speaking of Katie Couric, her face is starting to scare me.  It looks like not only has she had Botox up the yin-yang, but her eyes are weird now, too.

Pull out a picture of yourself when you were 24-30 and hold it beside your face while looking in a mirror.

:D

Men "do" age differently from women...but the before/now comparisons can be quite disconcerting.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »

I still find it very weird that i get "article not available" for every article i click on at TARsucks and realitytvworld.

I was wondering if someone could print the text for this article:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/julianne-hough-may-be-in-dancing-with-stars-next-edition-after-all-8083.php

Julianne Hough may be in 'Dancing with the Stars' next edition after all

By Christopher Rocchio, 12/01/2008

Julianne Hough's recent announcement that she wouldn't be participating in Dancing with the Stars' next season was apparently premature.

"I may have put my foot in my mouth when I said I wasn't going to come back next season," Hough told Entertainment Tonight following Dancing with the Stars' live seventh-season finale broadcast on Tuesday night.  "I just meant that maybe I'll come back next season, maybe I won't."

The two-time Dancing with the Stars professional champ had previously stated she would not be back for the show's spring installment. 

She subsequently reiterated the decision was "final" because she wanted to focus on her singing career and be "taken seriously" as a musician.

"Maybe I'll take a season off here -- like maybe this next one, maybe the one in the fall," Hough clarified to Entertainment Tonight.  "But [I'm] definitely going to take one off to focus on the music."

Hough added "there's a chance" that she might still compete in the spring.

"We're still talking about it and everything," she told Entertainment Tonight.  "So yeah, I said I might have put my foot in my mouth."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »

I miss Laura DR and hope that she and her sister are OK.

Ditto with Vibes.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »

And speaking of shows closing...  Well, I can not say, I simply can not say. Right now.

:-X

Can we do a pool?

My guess is MARY POPPINS.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Vibes to DR JEANNE.

DR CILLA LIZ.....sometimes that happens in the second act.....and wasn't Wednesday also a matinee day?  Whew - so they were doing everything for the second time in a day.
Yeah, I know that happens.  It wasn't a matinee, it was the first day on this stage.  They didn't finish loading in and setting up until mid day and the stage in the Orpheum is smaller tham a lot of other places so there were a couple spots where you could tell they were still adjusting. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up