Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BREATHLESS  (Read 25848 times)

Cillaliz

Re: BREATHLESS
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »

DR Cilla, the new shades add so much warmth to the room.  You must be very pleased.

Thanks DR Jane, they really turn yellow gold when the sun shines on them. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

NINE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »

Vibes to DR TCB, Vixmom, Ann and all who need them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

I took Sheena to the dog park today and while speaking to someone there that  volunteers at the pound, I found out that the hound I liked is still at the shelter and is slated to take the walk if he is not adopted by next Saturday.  It turns out that he bit someone (not badly) but enough that he will be put down.

Having seen the dog for myself, I have to wonder what made him bite.  He seemed a sweet dog and nicely trained. 

I am so torn as to what to do.  I'd made my mind up to just have Sheena but I don't want that other dog to die. 

It was to late for me to go to the shelter today but I could make it on Wednesday night when they are open until 7. 

Danise, you could take Sheena with you to the pound for a meet and greet to see how they get along.  At least, they let you do that in Washington, but you could always ask.  Then you could find out what Sheena thinks of the other dog before you adopt.

Alas, our pound won't let you bring your dog to the shelter.  It's take it or leave it.

They won't even let you take the new dog out to the parking lot to meet Sheena?  That is ridiculous.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

DR Danise, I really feel sorry for you having to make a decision like that. Vibes that you are content with whatever decision you do make

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »

DR Ginny, glad that you close call was just that.  I hate those winter time scares, but glad you can breathe a sigh of relief

Danise

« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2008, 06:44:37 PM »

I also want to thank Dear TomovOz and DP Colin for the lovely calendar from the land down under.  Such lovely flowers!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

I took Sheena to the dog park today and while speaking to someone there that  volunteers at the pound, I found out that the hound I liked is still at the shelter and is slated to take the walk if he is not adopted by next Saturday.  It turns out that he bit someone (not badly) but enough that he will be put down.

Having seen the dog for myself, I have to wonder what made him bite.  He seemed a sweet dog and nicely trained. 

I am so torn as to what to do.  I'd made my mind up to just have Sheena but I don't want that other dog to die. 

It was to late for me to go to the shelter today but I could make it on Wednesday night when they are open until 7. 

Danise, you could take Sheena with you to the pound for a meet and greet to see how they get along.  At least, they let you do that in Washington, but you could always ask.  Then you could find out what Sheena thinks of the other dog before you adopt.

Alas, our pound won't let you bring your dog to the shelter.  It's take it or leave it.

They won't even let you take the new dog out to the parking lot to meet Sheena?  That is ridiculous.

I'm just upset because I saw that poor dog and liked him.  Lord only knows how many they put down every day.  I have no idea how many of the ones I saw last weekend are gone. 

I never should have asked and I wish the lady had not told me.  Sometimes it's best not to know.  :(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2008, 06:55:53 PM »

Opps, it thew us into widescreen.  Sorry.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »

Yes, sometimes it is best not to know.  Is there a humane society or a hound rescue group you could speak to?  They might offer a back-up solution if you take the dog & there is a problem.

I thought you could let the dogs meet.  Is there another shelter near you that permits them meeting?

Danise

« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »

Oh I did finely get to see the newest Indy movie today.  Didn't do anything for me. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2008, 07:05:41 PM »

Yes, sometimes it is best not to know.  Is there a humane society or a hound rescue group you could speak to?  They might offer a back-up solution if you take the dog & there is a problem.

I thought you could let the dogs meet.  Is there another shelter near you that permits them meeting?
  The one in St. Pete (or was it Largo?--I forget where I got Brandi) allows it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:21 PM »

Good night, Dear TCB!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »

I never want to live with dogs or cats that don't get along-been there, done that & it wasn't fun.

Good luck with your difficult decision. 

Danise

« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »

Be well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:33 PM »

'night

Danise

« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »

I never want to live with dogs or cats that don't get along-been there, done that & it wasn't fun.

Good luck with your difficult decision. 

Thanks, DR Jane.  At least I have a few days to think about it. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »

I think I shall hit the hay as well.

Goodnight all.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »

DR Danise, that is too bad about the hound dog...and doubly bad that they won't let you take your dog to meet potential adoptees....you wouldn't want a dog that is going to bite you or Sheena or a guest, and that his difficult to know unless you can have both pet and to be pet meet.

Maybe a trip to the Humane Society would be in order...those dogs will have had a personality profile done and it makes it much easier to find a good fit.

Best of luck to you and Sheena and I know there is just the right dog out there for you guys! He or she is just waiting for you to find them!

MBarnum

« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »

And it never bothers me to go to the Humane Society or the dog pound...I just put on my rosey colored glasses (as my friend Mark would say I do) and presume each and every animal will find a good home! And I am certain that they do!

MBarnum

« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »

Now it is time for me to enjoy some Bollywood. Today the mail man brought C.I.D. 909 (1967), a James Bond type spy thriller that I had hoped and hoped would make it to DVD some day...and it finally did! Woohoo!

A great cast of Feroz Khan (as agen 909), Mumtaz, Helen, Bela Bose and Tun Tun. I am an hour into it and am having great fun...specially with Feroz in those skimpy swim trunks!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »

We just watched a Bones episode from Season 1.  It was a Christmas story, but I think not the same one mentioned by DH MattH earlier.

That Season 1 Christmas story is one of my all-time favorite BONES episodes. The Season 3 Christmas episode isn't as moving, but it does have the Booth/Tempi kiss.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

So sorry to read about Beverly Garland and Nina Foch, both of whom I always enjoyed watching.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2008, 08:40:57 PM »

I began my evening with AMERICAN TEEN, a documentary focusing on the senior years of five selected teens in Indiana. I didn't find the "types" they chose to focus on all that interesting, and apart from the director veering off into some animated flights of fancy with the kids, the stories were mundane.

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

The bonus features didn't amount to much. Some Q&A with the kids (now three years removed from the events of the film), some deleted scenes, and trailers centerting around each of the five subjects.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

With the rest of the night to myself, I watched THE SINGING NUN. It's a nice transfer, and I was pleased to finally have this in my collection.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »

I had a hankering to watch the Keira Knightley PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, so I put that in and watched the first 45 minutes or so. I'll likely finish it tomorrow while I'm cooking and eating lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

I think for the first time in about a year and a half, I have NO discs now in my review stack. I will have another day off tomorrow!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »

It's been a most festive day. I do believe I side with DR Ron Pulliam on WHITE CHRISTMAS, which I really really enjoyed. I think David Ives' script improves upon the screenplay enormously, and I really loved the musical numbers, the staging and the cast.  I was prepared to have a good time, since I have so many friends involved with the show, and I'm so glad I saw it.

DR MBarnum would love this show. It verges on kitsch at times but never goes there and it's smartly assembled.

I was sitting in house seats  and I was appalled by the idiocy and rudeness of the audience in expensive seats around me. Thirty minutes into the first act the four people sitting directly in front of me and Chris showed up, took forever to sit during a musical number, and then the younger couple talked, laughed and made out for the rest of the act. What dildos.  Behind me an idiot woman rattled the ice in her cup(!!) and never shut up, even when her damned mouth was full.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up