Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORTY YEARS AGO  (Read 16710 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: FORTY YEARS AGO
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »

Good morning!

It's been raining pretty hard off and on since I've been awake today, and the rest of the day promises more of the same. At least it's still warm (for November, that is).

.......... but this is December!

So it is.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »

Page Eight Dance!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »

True to my word, I watched the Blu-ray of IRON MAN tonight. Sharpness issues aside, the biggest improvement from DVD to Blu-ray is in the more realistic flesh tones. The DVD made everyone's skin look like a brown mask. On the Blu-ray, the tone and texture of each person's skin is SO much more distinct and real looking. The Dolby TrueHD track was much more open and spread out. For an action movie, I didn't think IRON MAN had nearly the kind of energetic 5.1 mix than other superhero movies typically have. What's there is good but not great. The TrueHD track gave it more personality but it still isn't a reference quality sound mix.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

I decided the rest of the night would be used to watch some favorite Christmas items. I began with A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS. Always enjoyable and just as much this year as ever before.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2008, 08:19:11 PM »

Then I watched WHITE CHRISTMAS. Despite that old, mediocre transfer, I still get great pleasure from the movie, even though I didn't quite finish it. I got through Rosie's nightclub number, but stopped right after that. I'll finish it tomorrow if time permits.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »

I did record 30 ROCK and THE OFFICE tonight and will watch them tomorrow while I eat lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

Then, I'll likely spend the afternoon and part of the evening with the remake of THE WOMEN even though it doesn't look like there are a ton of bonus features. The film is slightly less than two hours also so I should be in good shape tomorrow fitting it into my viewing schedule. It comes out December 21st.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »

Back from my dinner meeting with Sean McDermott - I'm going to be putting together a new solo show for him - we go to work in a week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »

I had Pasta Papa - which is Papa's Eggs and pasta, in case you didn't know.  I ate it all up, but boy was it filling and boy am I full - but I only had toast with a little butter and jam earlier, and I also think I'm this full because my tummy doesn't have as much room left.  It was really yummilicious. 

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »

Evening surf concluded and now it's time to head downstairs to go to bed.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »

Going to bed early tonight (early for me, anyway) - a read-through of the first act of a new show planned for tomorrow

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Two hours without a post. 

Tomovoz

« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2008, 11:08:09 PM »

Happy birthday DR Ginny.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »

Tonight, we had our first show of Reefer Madness! The Musical! after a three-day break.  We put on a great show and had a great (if smallish) audience.  They thoroughly enjoyed it. ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:34:48 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »

We were told that Saturday's performance is almost sold out!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »

As fot the topic of the day...I was born in Alabama (my dad was in the army) and we lived in Alabama, Georgia, California, Texas and Germany by the time I was four years old.  We moved to Colorado when I was seven and Washington when I was ten years old.  My parents still live in the house in Lacey, WA that they bought 32 years ago.  My first real move was when I went away to Western Washington University.  I first went to Centralia College (a two-year college) and still lived at home.  I then transfered to Western in Bellingham, WA.  I went to Western for three years (I changed my major in the last year, but was able to graduate) and then moved back home.  I lived with my parents for about a year and a half, and met this girl (no...not like that ;)) in a show.  She wanted to move out of her mom's and I wanted to move out of my parents' so we rented an apartment, actually just a few blocks away and on the same street from where I live now!  Anyway, I've had several apartments and even lived with my sister since then, but now I own a condo!  I don't plan on EVER moving again...unless I win the lottery.  But since I don't buy tickets, it's not very likely that I'll win and move.  And that's my story. ;D

George

« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »

And now, I need to do something that I haven't done in a long time...I need to GO TO BED!!  I haven't gotten enough sleep the last few days, so I want to sleep.

Good night. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up