Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIDIN' MY TIME  (Read 23343 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BIDIN' MY TIME
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »

I am Man - hear me roar in numbers to big to ignore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2004, 11:17:10 PM »

Jenny must read the Kritzer books, mustn't she?  MUSTN'T SHE?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2004, 11:17:25 PM »

What am I, a posting frenzy all of a sudden?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2004, 11:18:27 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2004, 11:18:50 PM »

BK's Frenzy.  Which isn't the same as Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2004, 11:19:06 PM »

Panni is a Wussburger.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2004, 11:19:47 PM »

I feel like eating onion dip.  

You see, this is what happens when you watch a movie with jazz in it.  You start riffing or, at the very least, you start bernardoing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2004, 11:20:18 PM »

I am getting really sick of the sight of my picture, that much I can tell you.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2004, 11:23:43 PM »

However, do you happen to know if Keith Jameson is listed as singing all the performances?  I worked with Keith many years ago when was still a baritone(!), and his name was Keith Richard (!!! - which he changed for obvious reasons).  Great guy.  And I also worked with Walter Charles too when he did Judge Turpin at the Kennedy Center two years ago - wow! - two years already!  *I would have loved to see him as Sweeney - he covered both Cariou and Hearn at various points during the Broadway run and the tour.  And another great guy.   -And his stories of the original cast of Sweeney are priceless!

Both Jameson and Charles will be singing all performances and, sadly, Delevan will be singing very few.  

When Sweeney was done here in LA (the tour) the set was but a pale shadow of what it was on Broadway, and the grave was gone.  The chorus all got in a circle while screeching "Sweeney, Sweeney, Sweeney" and then he was just there.  On Broadway, it's one of the great entrances of all time.  Before the show, there are two gravediggers digging earth out of a hole on stage, and then, at the end of the number up he comes from that grave.  Then, at the end of the show, both he and Mrs. Lovett come up from the grave.  

In that case, maybe every production I've seen has been modeled after the tour and not the original production.  I assumed that the Lansbury/Hearn video (Which I have seen replicated onstage many times) was almost identical to the original Broadway production, but it seems as though that's not the case.  

Did anybody get the chance to see New Repertory Theatre in Boston's production of "Sweeney" last season?  Gorgeous, creepy, perfect production.

BK, you are very right that Jenny must read the Kritzer books.  Jenny should really get around to ordering them.
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2004, 11:26:17 PM »

I am getting really sick of the sight of my picture, that much I can tell you.

I'm not!  It's lovely!  If you change your picture, though, perhaps you ought to replace it with one of you in a pointy hat and pantaloons?  That might be festive.  

Hm...now I want onion dip.  Damn you!

Panni truly is a Wussburger.  If little fifteen year old me can be a late night denizen, then so can she!  And I'm on the east coast!

...You know you're tired when you start riffing on others' riffs.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 11:26:49 PM by Jenny »
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2004, 11:34:54 PM »

Let's stay all night and riff 'em all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2004, 11:35:26 PM »

C'mon Pogue, join in the merriment and mirth and laughter and legs.  Otherwise, I shall put on Dragonheart and start quoting the dialogue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2004, 11:36:26 PM »

And Jenny, as you will see in tomorrow's notes, we're having our Unseemly Live Chat tomorrow at six CA time, so you must come to the chat room and join in the fun.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2004, 11:48:19 PM »

Does anyone have the LP version of the broadway cast of Flower Drum Song? I was wondering if you do can you look on the back that has the bio for Myoshi Umeki and see what tv show it says she won an emmy award for. Trying to figure it out having a discussion with DR Matt about it

And I quote:

"...she received the Emmy Award as the top female television personality on the West Coast."

No mention of any specific TV show, but the bio does note that she won the Academy Award for Sayonara that same year, and that no one had ever won both an Oscar and an Emmy in the same year before.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2004, 11:48:46 PM »

I just finished watching RUNAWAY JURY which I like a lot.  Just a good old fashioned movie movie...a well-made play.  Debating whether to stay up and watch SECOND-HAND LIONS, written and directed by my pal Tim McCanlies and produced by my friend David Kirschner.  I really admire Tim because after he and spent a year in the cell blocks in the Writer's Building at Disney.  He took off for Texas and has just lived and worked there and wrote and finally directed a little film he had being dying to do for ten years and now he's done this one.  Basically told Hollywood to go take a flying hike and has done it his way.

I hate this idea that my Dragonheart  film is now part of twofer package with that kiddie direct-to-video sequel.  They also did this with the THE FLY, putting it out with that bad sequel.  Blecch!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2004, 11:56:58 PM »

And I quote:

"...she received the Emmy Award as the top female television personality on the West Coast."

No mention of any specific TV show, but the bio does note that she won the Academy Award for Sayonara that same year, and that no one had ever won both an Oscar and an Emmy in the same year before.

DR Tomovoz beat me to the punch.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2004, 12:00:28 AM »

And now there's no more punch.  Man.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up