Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ITSY BITSY TEENY-WEENY YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI - IN G  (Read 34451 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: ITSY BITSY TEENY-WEENY YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI - IN G
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 06:09:16 AM »

Thank you, DR Vixmom for asking after me.  I still have the what-ever-it-is stomach thing but not quite as bad.  I lost breakfast yesterday but managed to keep dinner down.  Pepto-Bismol is helping a lot.

After talking with Thelma, I found out it is something that is going around. And around.  She told me that a friend of hers has had it for the past 3 weeks.  Just when you think it's gone, it comes back.  I hope it goes away and stays away from me!

I have a scheduled doctor appointment next week.  If it is still with me then, I hope that he can give me something. 

I'm just not sure if I should take Sheena to the dog park tomorrow or not.  I know she wants to go but I still feel that is where I got this thing.  I was fine until we went there and I got around those people who said they were feeling sick.  It started that night (last Sunday).

What delightful news.  And just before my breakfast, too.  Thanks for sharing, Danise!   

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 06:10:55 AM »

~~~Holding on to today's breakfast VIBES for DR Danise~~~
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »

Page 2 "upchuck" dance!

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »

Hmmm favorite television viewing for 2008? Favorite specials, series, reality shows and single favorite episodes?

That is actually really hard.

My favorite reality show is THE AMAZING RACE. The finale was quite exhilarating.  My runner-up reality shows are: SURVIVOR, TOP CHEF, PROJECT RUNWAY, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

My favorite new shows of the year: PRIVILEGED, THE MENTALIST.

I think one show that has surprised me immensely is GHOST WHISPERER. Some really emotional shows this year.

I love ELI STONE and am pretty sad it got cancelled.

I very much enjoyed DEXTER and am enjoying TRUE BLOOD.

I enjoy LIFE, UGLY BETTY, BROTHERS & SISTERS, GOSSIP GIRL, THE HILLS, PUSHING DAISIES, CHUCK, HEROES.

Danise

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 06:17:51 AM »

I finely managed to get my Apple address book up to speed.  I had to figure out a round about way of doing it but it worked.

I noticed that it said it would sync with Yahoo.  So I went to Yahoo and made an account.  Then I found that Yahoo wouldn't upload my address book from Windows but it would import from AOL.  Ok, so I went to my AOL account and was able to upload my Windows address book to it.  The I went back to Yahoo and had it import my address book from AOL.   Then I went to the settings of the Apple address book and set them to sync with the Yahoo account.  Then I had it merge the double entries. 

Like I said, it was a very round about way of doing it but it worked!!!! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »

RE: DR jose's comments about TRUE BLOOD the tv series.

I'm curious if anyone knows if the tv series and the books are very similar in plot. And also how far season 1 gets in terms of the books (there are 8 books so far).

Danise

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »

Thank you, DR Vixmom for asking after me.  I still have the what-ever-it-is stomach thing but not quite as bad.  I lost breakfast yesterday but managed to keep dinner down.  Pepto-Bismol is helping a lot.

After talking with Thelma, I found out it is something that is going around. And around.  She told me that a friend of hers has had it for the past 3 weeks.  Just when you think it's gone, it comes back.  I hope it goes away and stays away from me!

I have a scheduled doctor appointment next week.  If it is still with me then, I hope that he can give me something. 

I'm just not sure if I should take Sheena to the dog park tomorrow or not.  I know she wants to go but I still feel that is where I got this thing.  I was fine until we went there and I got around those people who said they were feeling sick.  It started that night (last Sunday).

What delightful news.  And just before my breakfast, too.  Thanks for sharing, Danise!  

;)
  Sorry.  But I guess it's a good thing that I can't "share" everything.  ;) 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 06:21:28 AM »

re: the gun talk from last night.

I agree with those who cringe at the thought of a child getting a gun for Xmas.  Although i guess it is very common in some areas.

But i do like the idea of a formal gun safety course. That sounds like a great idea.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 06:22:22 AM »

Good morning, all! I am the first one up and about this morning, and I guess Jo got up for a bit, put the coffee on, and then went back to bed. While I was visiting the Freeman's, she and Randy were hanging out in some dive listening to the Macbeths' band perform. They invited me but I declined since I didn't want the Macbeths thinking I was making pacific overtures. I refuse to become my brother Tom's personal bowling pin to be knocked down whenever he decides it's time to launch an attack and later be forgiven for his terminal assholism.

Today, my cousin Sue and I will drive to Mason, OH, to see my Uncle Bob, my mother's youngest sibling. He's about 77 now, and each time I see him I fear it will be the last because his health is terrible. Sue tells me this will be his last holiday since his heart is giving out and his doctors have told him he's now dealing with a limited time span. Sue is the daughter of my mother's oldest sister, and she's been keeping an eye on him since her mother died about twelve years ago.

Tonight, I believe Randy, Jo, and I are going out to dinner, but I don't believe that's confirmed yet.

The visit's been nice and I've enjoyed the last two weeks a lot, but I think a week's more than enough time to see my friends and family in future visits.

Vibes to DRs Danise and TCB and all DRs in need today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 06:24:53 AM »

Yes TOP CHEF is on Bravo. But i don't think it was on this week (it wasn't on here). I think very occasionally NBC shows an episode or two.

Btw, without saying who won, can anyone tell me which season was TOP CHEF VEGAS? I've seen season 2, 3, and 4. But not 1. And the Food Network is showing TOP CHEF VEGAS.

Danise

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 06:28:30 AM »

I agree with those who cringe at the thought of a child getting a gun for Xmas.  Although i guess it is very common in some areas.

But i do like the idea of a formal gun safety course. That sounds like a great idea.

I don't even want to get started on that subject.  It is so wrong on so many levels.  We're not talking about a Red Rider B B gun with a compass on the stock and this thing that tells time that will shoot your eye out.   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 06:28:48 AM »

I'm just catching up on last night's posts.

OH DR TCB i'm so sorry. Vibes for you and stan. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 06:29:03 AM »

TOD
  LIFE
  LIFE ON MARS
  THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA as the funniest show of the year, which should have been subtitled "The Lives of the Nouveau Rich, the Tasteless and The Pathetically Untalented"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »

terminal assholism

I've never heard of that before.  I hope it isn't catchy.   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 06:48:50 AM »

I hope it isn't catchy.

If it is, one can only hope that DR FJL will set words to it.        ;)

Danise

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 06:52:21 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle Bob, DR Elmore.  Enjoy your time with him while you can.  And take lots of pictures.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:27:07 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2008, 06:55:34 AM »

It's a grey, drisly day at the beach, but that won't stop us from having a good time.

Danise

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2008, 06:56:09 AM »

I also wanted to thank DR Jane, DR Cilla and Former DR Panni for the Christmas cards. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2008, 06:58:51 AM »

OK, is anyone else having a problem with posting?  Every time I hit "Post" I get a message that I have already posted and may have double clicked.  I'm also having a problem with the reply button.  It keeps going to the quick reply not the full reply box. 

I also got kicked off the site and was told I couldn't post a topic.  I wasn't trying to post a topic, I was just doing a reply. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2008, 06:59:47 AM »

Since I'm the only one here, I guess not. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2008, 07:44:55 AM »

Good morning!

It's gray here again, and it rained during the night though that appears to be over for the present. It's going to be in the high 50s today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Laura

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »

I don't have trouble posting; I just don't have anything to say.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2008, 07:46:12 AM »

I don't even want to get started on that subject.  It is so wrong on so many levels.  We're not talking about a Red Rider B B gun with a compass on the stock and this thing that tells time that will shoot your eye out.   

I don't think that kids should be given guns...even Red Ryder BB guns.

However,  if there are guns in the house, I don't think that they should be kept a "mystery".  Kids need to know what a gun can do; that it's not a toy.

My Dad had both a rifle and a handgun in our house.  Every now and then, he'd take us out into the country and we'd have target practice, shooting empty bottles.

Doing something like that takes away the "curiosity factor".
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »

Must See TV?

You bet! Here are the ten shows I most enjoyed in 2008 (in no particular order):

TRUE BLOOD

LOST

MAD MEN

BURN NOTICE

THE CLOSER

MOONLIGHT

BONES

ELI STONE

THE OFFICE

UGLY BETTY
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:56:25 AM by Matt H. »

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  DH Richard and I were out in the fog yesterday, too.  We drove down to the Cincinnati 'burbs to see Australia (which is too long) and have dinner at Izzy's deli.  By the time we were heading home about 8pm, the fog was gone.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2008, 07:50:20 AM »

Vibes of comfort to DR TCB, dear friend of Stan.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2008, 07:52:44 AM »

The only two reality shows I derived any pleasure from last season were PROJECT RUNWAY and MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST. I didn't miss an episode, but I still prefer my fictional comedies and dramas to any reality show.

As for AMERICAN IDOL, I established a viewing pattern last year that I will retain this year: never watching the shows live, skipping the audition rounds completely, joining the show only during the Hollywood rounds, and recording the competition shows and speeding through all of the stuff except the singing itself and occasional judges' comments.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »

As for the most memorable episode of the TV season, it would have to be "The Constant" on LOST, 44 minutes of mind-boggling time travel that ends with one of the tenderest, most romantic conclusions on episodic television.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2008, 07:55:04 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts, so let me just sum up here:

Peace and comfort to both DR TCB and DR TCB's DF Stan.
Continued healing vibes to DR VIXMOM.
Healing vibes to DR DANISE.
Good health and happiness to all DRs.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »

Must See TV?

You bet! Here are the ten shows I most enjoyed in 2008 (in no particular order):

TRUE BLOOD

LOST

MAD MEN

BURN NOTICE

THE CLOSER

MOONLIGHT

BONES

ELI STONE

THE OFFICE

UGLY BETTY

And if I could add another ten, it would include

NCIS

LAW & ORDER

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

DEXTER

DAMAGES

LEVERAGE

THE MENTALIST

CHUCK

THE TUDORS

THE SHIELD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up