Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING MY SWEET TIME  (Read 36746 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: TAKING MY SWEET TIME
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »

And I didn't think I needed to put the :) next to my comment about the chicken tenders.  Cooking I know how to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »

Seems difficult, but I'll try it. 

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »

And I didn't think I needed to put the :) next to my comment about the chicken tenders.  Cooking I know how to do.

Well, since there's no "Help/Call Jose" button on your stove...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »

DR Danise, It is possible Mr. B is an escape artist & that is why he was running free.  I wonder if he will return.  Did you have a tag on the collar?  If you want a call on him I suggest letting the shelters know in case he shows up there.  Did the workmen have any idea what time he disappeared?  Wherever he is, I wish him well.

I'm sorry about the roof & agree with DR Jose, make sure you have a guaranteed amount, in writing & signed by him, the contractor may not go over.

Jane

« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

I laughed :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

OK.. I need to get out of the apartment for a bit.

It's been a weird day.  I really haven't done anything, but, yet, it still feels like I've been busy.  I had a slew of e-mails and phone calls to deal with - all having to do with "end of the year/beginning of the year" stuff.  -And spending a couple of weeks in Charleston keeps looking better and better.  We shall see.

In any case, I need to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.  I KNOW I've spent way too much time online today - as my posts from the past couple of hours have attested to.  -My apologies.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:31 PM »

You never have to apologize for posts.

Laura

« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

Aww, Danise. I'm sorry about Mr. Boxer. Hopefully his family saw him and took him home.

I'm sorry to hear about the extra house repairs. We had extra repairs, too, when we had our roof and our repipe done. But it's nice when it's all fixed.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

VIBES for Elmore that the IRS is in error and that he has the proof

Trust me: New York State is not in error. The question is, who was the one who screwed up, me, my accountant, or the tax service, and how much can we get deducted from the bill?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:23 PM »

I'm now off to see Marcy and Zina's show DEAR EDWINA.  I heard Marcy and Zina are actually doing a mini-concert after the show and I'm looking forward to it.

How lovely. Maybe they can talk about Bruce Coughlin's work on EVER AFTER!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »

In other news...

I will not be sailing the Caribbean two weeks from now.  However, the "Disney Princes Cruise" has just been postponed, not cancelled, so I will be sailing later this Spring.  :)

Does that mean that you will be going to the Inauguration?

Jennifer

« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »

I was wondering if any of the HHW chefs would have any input to my dilemna.

I am making macaroni and cheese tomorrow night.

Some of the recipes call for just making the sauce on the stove, the noodles on the stove and then mixing.

Some of the recipes call for then layering the noodles and the sauce and putting it in the oven for 20 minutes.

My niece is used to Kraft Dinner type mac & cheese. So i'm thinking she would be more familiar with option #1. I'm curious about option #2, because i'd like to see what this does to the dish. But will it stay creamy?

Also i am going to make it before i get to her house. So i was thinking about doing the sauce and the noodles at my house and then putting it in the oven at my sister's house.

Any opinions would be welcome.

Jennifer

« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

I saw my accountant; whether the screw-up on the state's claim they did not receive my 2003 or 2004 return is mine or the firm helping me during my IRS crisis, I'm still liable for the fact that I owe a huge interest on what I owed, dammit! I will now spend some time looking through my 2005 and 2006 returns for the payment I made to NY State. I hope i can find their bill along with the cancelled check.  Oy!

Double Oy!  You will be able to get a copy of the check through your bank at least.

From 2 or 3 years ago? I can probably locate it amongst my bank statementas if nothing else.

Brent Barrett just called me! How exciting.

This is crazy. So if you can find that they cashed your cheque then you are good?

I would imagine you could get a copy from your bank.

Vibes this gets resolved. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

What about frozen chicken tenders? I buy those sometimes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »

There is a live chat with Matt Dallas of "Kyle XY" at Comcast.net right now and I asked a question...and he answered!

4:41 [Comment From George]
Have you ever done theater? If you haven't, is that something that you'd be interested in? 

4:42 Matt Dallas:  i actually started in theater. it is my first love. i miss it tremendously. i can't wait to get back on the stage.  i started doing theater when i was 12 and never stopped.

Pretty cool, huh?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

DR Elmore glad you found the paperwork!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »

Me, too!

DR Danise, I'm so sorry about Mr Boxer. Maybe he went home to tell his owners goodbye.

As to your repairs, why is it I can't win the lottery when we all need it????????

Jennifer

« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »

Sorry DR Danise about Mr. Boxer. Will you look for him? I can't imagine that the real owners would take him from your backyard without leaving a note. :(

Jane

« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »

Pretty cool DR George.

Jennifer

« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

Well, since there's no "Help/Call Jose" button on your stove...

;D

Sorry but this cracked me up.

Actually i usually cook my chicken tenders (the frozen ones) in the oven.

Jennifer

« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

DR Danise, It is possible Mr. B is an escape artist & that is why he was running free.  I wonder if he will return.  Did you have a tag on the collar?  If you want a call on him I suggest letting the shelters know in case he shows up there.  Did the workmen have any idea what time he disappeared?  Wherever he is, I wish him well.

I'm sorry about the roof & agree with DR Jose, make sure you have a guaranteed amount, in writing & signed by him, the contractor may not go over.

I wonder if Mr. Boxer did escape. I mean would it be easy for him to get out? For someone else to get in to take him?

I agree with what DR Jane said re: both things (dog and roof).

Jane

« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

DR Jennifer.  I cook the sauce on the stove, mix them together and bake.  I would definitely prepare it at home and then bake it at your sister's house.  My recipe is from the Ratner's cookbook.  I will email it to you.  My children would not eat the Kraft version having grown up with this flavorful sour cream recipe. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »

DR Danise, so sorry about Mr. B.  I'd call the pound and tell them about him in case someone else takes him there.   Would they contact you if a boxer was brought in a week or would you need to contact them daily to see if they have a boxer?  You never know, Mr. B could end up there.

As far as the repairs, I agree about getting an estimate.  It's scary to start projects because you just don't know where they will end up.

Jennifer

« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »

Aww, Danise. I'm sorry about Mr. Boxer. Hopefully his family saw him and took him home.

It seems weird to me that the family could have seen him (in her backyard??). And just taken him home? I don't know pet etiquette. But if someone else found your pet and is caring for them i would think they would let the person know not to worry.

Jennifer

« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

DR Jennifer.  I cook the sauce on the stove, mix them together and bake.  I would definitely prepare it at home and then bake it at your sister's house.  My recipe is from the Ratner's cookbook.  I will email it to you.  My children would not eat the Kraft version having grown up with this flavorful sour cream recipe. 

If i bake i will do the baking part at my sister's house. But half the recipes i found said to not bake just to do the stove part.

I'm just hoping it will be creamy enough if i bake it. I know she loves it the Kraft dinner way.

But then again it might not stay creamy during the travel even if i do it that way.

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

I found out today that my carpet is back ordered and won't get to Sioux City until the end of january.  That's actually fine with me.  I discovered today I have TONS of work to do and after taking time off my checkbook needs me to do tons of work at the office, so I'd just as soon leave the basement in the basement for awhile so I can heal and make some money

Jennifer

« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »

VIBES for Elmore that the IRS is in error and that he has the proof

Trust me: New York State is not in error. The question is, who was the one who screwed up, me, my accountant, or the tax service, and how much can we get deducted from the bill?

The part i don't get is why are they telling you this now.  They assumed you'd want to pay years of interest? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

Speaking of the office.  I need to go there for a while.  That is after I return the over the toilet shelving system that is too wide.  It's nice to unspend money for a change. 

Jane

« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »

It is mind boggling it took so many years for the government to catch the error. :o ::)

Jane

« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »

It seems weird to me that the family could have seen him (in her backyard??). And just taken him home? I don't know pet etiquette. But if someone else found your pet and is caring for them i would think they would let the person know not to worry.

My guess is he escaped.  I'm grateful DD Sheena was still in the yard.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up