Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING MY SWEET TIME  (Read 36739 times)

FJL

Re: TAKING MY SWEET TIME
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »

And one for molar

FJL

« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »

(or at least vibes for singjaw's wisdom tooth)

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »

DR Ginny, how did you like the rest of CRANFORD?

DR Elmore - we both enjoyed it immensely.  The "making of..." feature was fun, too.  When Richard and I went to Middletown Public Library today, there was a copy sitting right there on the recently-returned shelf.  I'd still be waiting for it from Dayton Metro!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »

My problems seem very small right now - the Vixter told me a school mate of hers was killed last week - dressed all in black the boy was out with his pals and stepped out in front of  a car. 

He was a senior who was in her chorus class last year and this and always very kind to  to her.  I had heard many stories about Peter.   I cannot begin to understand the pain his family must be going through right now (or the driver of the car tho' we all know he was blameless - Peter wasn't paying attention)

The same thing happened to my best friend's neice under nearly identical circumstances 12 years ago.  Her parents still haven't really recovered.  The Vixter was 3 when Jill died and knows she is the reason she doesn't  "hang out" with her friends after dark - now she understands even more fully ---

RIP Peter,  17 was too young to leave -
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »

VIBES for Elmore that the IRS is in error and that he has the proof

Ginny

« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »

Condolences to Peter's family.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

The Vixter wants the net - laters!

FJL

« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »

Condolences to Peter's family from all of us as well

FJL

« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »

I'm now off to see Marcy and Zina's show DEAR EDWINA.  I heard Marcy and Zina are actually doing a mini-concert after the show and I'm looking forward to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

Jose, yes, I'd love the recipe.  I did have chicken tenders from Gelson's, but not until after waiting twenty minutes - I've never seen the deli like this before - maybe everyone's New Year's resolution was to ONLY buy from Gelson's deli.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »

I also had some righteous red potato salad, and I bought some assorted biscotti for snacks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »

Looking forward to hearing if people like Twisted Nerve.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

DR Vixter I am very sorry about your friend Peter.  Condolences to all who loved him. 

I remember when when Bryan was 18 he purchased a jacket & said "Mom, you are going to love this.  It has reflectors."  He was right, I loved it. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »

Virtually all packed for the trip to Austin tomorrow.

And, my review copy of VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA arrived today.

I've been looking forward to seeing that one.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2009, 03:41:20 PM »

Have a GREAT trip!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »

Jose, yes, I'd love the recipe.  I did have chicken tenders from Gelson's, but not until after waiting twenty minutes - I've never seen the deli like this before - maybe everyone's New Year's resolution was to ONLY buy from Gelson's deli.

Well, here's the basic recipe:

Open up a package of (raw) chicken tenders (or you could buy some chicken breasts and slice them up yourself)
Season to taste
Cook in a sauté pan or in a 375 degree oven until done.

Eat.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

Seems difficult, but I'll try it. 

singdaw

« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the tooth vibes~~~~!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »

***COMFORT VIBES*** to the family of Peter

singdaw

« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »

***TRAVEL VIBES*** for DR Druxy and family

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »

Or here's one from About.com: Southern Food:

These chicken tenders are seasoned, then breaded and oven-fried. Scroll down to see more chicken recipes.

Ingredients:

1 pound chicken tenders
Greek or Mediterranean seasoning or other seasoning blend
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation:

Sprinkle chicken tenders lightly with Greek seasoning. Prepare a cookie sheet with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Mix coating of wine and mustard and dip chicken pieces. Roll in bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 475° put chicken in and bake for about 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serves 4.

-Which is basically the same as my "recipe".  ;)

If you're not too keen on using mustard and wine as the "stick", you can also use mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, or even just Pam or Pam-like product.

And in place of the breadcrumbs, you could use crushed corn flakes, potato chips, some chopped nuts (almonds, cashews), potato "buds", etc.

I still remember an "oven-baked" french fries recipes that simply called for placing the sliced potatoes in a Zip-loc bag, then pouring in some bottled Italian dressing, then tossing them a bit to coat them, then pouring in some bread crumbs, and tossing again to coat, then bake.  Very tasty.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

Oh, and I had a message from my insurance agent re the accident of three weeks ago.  He said they are not paying.  In fact, the jerk who caused the accident has never responded to the insurance company's repeated messages, nor has this guy's insurance company ever responded.  In fact, the only call my insurance company had was from the guy's body shop asking for payment.  Now, keep in mind that despite him DEMANDING my license and insurance information, which I gave him, he actually did not show me his - he wrote it on his business card.  Frankly, I think something fishy is going on - I think he KNEW it was his fault and I'm beginning to think he didn't report it to his insurance company and just had his body shop call and try to get payment.  But given the amount of time that's now gone by without any contact, my insurance company is closing the book and refusing to pay the body shop or anyone else anything.  So, unless the guy does what I thought he'd always do - lie - I think this thing is done.

Danise

« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:21 PM »

Hi folks,

I have bad news.  When I came home tonight, Mr. Boxer was gone.  I don't know if he somehow climbed the fence and got out or if someone got him but I have no clue.   

My front porch is gone as well but I kinda expected that.  They found all kinds of rotten wood under so now I have to have a new roof.  I'm getting scared.  I knew I was going to have to spend some money but I'm very afraid as to how much this all is going to wind up costing me. 

The guys just left and Sheena is hungry.  I don't know if I am or not at this point.  I also have to change from my work clothes.

Be back later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »

The rest of the CDs arrived and I'll get them shipped out tomorrow morning or maybe even tonight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »

Seems difficult, but I'll try it. 

Hmmm... Why do I think that you did not intentionally leave off the ;)?

;)

Of course, if you want to go the Gelson's route, you could buy a bag of the pre-breaded, and par-fried chicken tenders from the Frozen Food section, then cook them up in a deep-fryer or a pan of hot oil.  -I'm betting that Gelson's cooks pre-prepped chicken tenders.

*And from years of cooking them for my nieces and nephew, Tyson makes some decent oven-cookable frozen chicken tender products with various breadings and seasonings.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: January 05, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »

Oh, and I had a message from my insurance agent re the accident of three weeks ago.  He said they are not paying.  In fact, the jerk who caused the accident has never responded to the insurance company's repeated messages, nor has this guy's insurance company ever responded.  In fact, the only call my insurance company had was from the guy's body shop asking for payment.  Now, keep in mind that despite him DEMANDING my license and insurance information, which I gave him, he actually did not show me his - he wrote it on his business card.  Frankly, I think something fishy is going on - I think he KNEW it was his fault and I'm beginning to think he didn't report it to his insurance company and just had his body shop call and try to get payment.  But given the amount of time that's now gone by without any contact, my insurance company is closing the book and refusing to pay the body shop or anyone else anything.  So, unless the guy does what I thought he'd always do - lie - I think this thing is done.

You didn't even get the name of his insurance company? In any case... I hope the "thing is done", and doesn't come back to "haunt" you once the jerk is back from his ski vacation in Aspen.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2009, 04:01:18 PM »

{{{{{{{{{{DR DANISE}}}}}}}}}}

I hope that Mr. Boxer is back with his family.

As for your porch and roof, well... Have they given you an estimate yet?  I know you mentioned that the contractor would not take a penny until after the work is done, but you really should have some sort of "agreement" as to what kind of money you will be shelling out once the work is done.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

You didn't even get the name of his insurance company? In any case... I hope the "thing is done", and doesn't come back to "haunt" you once the jerk is back from his ski vacation in Aspen.  ;)

Yes, I got the name and policy number of his insurance - I just didn't "see" it - he wrote it on his business card, along with his driver's license number, which I immediately phoned in to my insurance company.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: January 05, 2009, 04:03:32 PM »

And he obviously wasn't on a vacation, since he took his car to a body shop.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up